By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for john hutton

Here is a list of all the postings john hutton has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Camo Fest! Tamiya 1/16 Winter Uniform
21/02/2018 20:18:07

Peter,

Great that you are taking on a full Camo uniform, sure you will have no problems and i will look forward to being along thumbs up. Have only ever done the legendary face 20 mg42 Tammy figure in there 1/16th scale ( 1/35th too actually ) and enjoyed it. Really must get some others as the prices are reasonable compared to the Resin`s if a little less detailed .

John.

Thread: A night Beauf RAF100GB
21/02/2018 20:10:17

John,

Like seeing a Night fighter being built wink 2. Good start sir with the cockpit and those engines really look tastey thumbs up.

Figures are Twins i take it face 20.

John.

Thread: Young Miniatures' Templar Knight
21/02/2018 20:05:26

Simon,

Very nice start on the flesh and hair thumbs up. My first build blog on here was a Youngs miniatures Templar Knight, but a different one from this, it resembles Sean Connery . Have painted a couple of Youngs busts, they are normally pretty good casts, your one looks to be also . Keeping an eye on this wink 2.

John.

Thread: 1/24th Pz. II Ausf.F
21/02/2018 19:56:21

John,

I wonder if you still think the chipping is ok thinking. Well here are the pictures, i think the later work with the oils will take away the stark look that you see now and the tracks should help too face 20.

pzr ii 12 002.jpg

pzr ii 12 003.jpg

John.

Hard to believe, but have just noticed more chipping is required on the shovel front clamp surprise.

Edited By john hutton on 21/02/2018 19:59:09

Thread: Landscape Chez Nous.
21/02/2018 19:51:26

John,

Lovely little diorama so far thumbs up. Am i envious , or what, that place you live sounds like Nirvana to me sir smiley, just popping outside to check the discarded food wrappers and empty beer cans sad. Anyway looking forward to seeing more updates wink 2.

John.

Thread: M26 Dragon wagon {PS}
21/02/2018 19:39:34

Scottie ,

Top additions again matey, like the bottle thumbs up. Not enough glue....you can always add some but it is hard taking it away wink 2. Will there be paint soon ?

John.

Thread: 1:32 Trench Sections - Part 2
21/02/2018 19:33:13

Andrew,

Just been having a catch up on your trenches, your i-pad pictures look great, particularly like the French trench and figure thumbs up. I remember looking at one of Mike`s figures that you posted earlier, but now seeing a few more all together really does show the supreme quality of his painting, at 1/32nd too surprise truly stunning star. I will also add that your own modelling deserves to be accompanied by that sort of quality wink 2. In my view the true " Dynamic Duo " face 20.

John.

Thread: 2 StuGs and a Sturm-Infanteriegeschz 33 B 1942/3 Stalingrad (JR )
21/02/2018 18:23:42

John,

Crack on mate Stugs are coming on well thumbs up, so keep plugging away. BW shots of the fallen rubble look superb, you should be well chuffed star. Computers fistdevil bah humbug, hates em .

John.

Thread: 1/35 Tamiya Tiger 1 Late Version....Michael Wittmann's 007.
21/02/2018 13:00:08

Ron,

Another great result matey , using your very own methods and expertise wink 2. I think you should set up an exhibition of your work, showing people new to the hobby and not so new how with the right practice and application all the fancy newer products are not always`s necessary star, but with a little ingenuity fantastic results can be achieved . Keep the top work coming sir thumbs up.

John.

21/02/2018 12:52:01

Si,

Only just seen your post mate , bit slow replying blush. I think i might be going about it wrong somewhere, but in future will try what Jim uses. Sponge and brush is a proven method as well over the years , so went with that , although i bet i have got carried away thinking. Later pictures will prove that one way or t`other i suppose face 20. Your exhaust box looks spot on bud thumbs up.

John.

Edited By john hutton on 21/02/2018 12:52:34

Edited By john hutton on 21/02/2018 12:53:43

Thread: On Track - 24th February
21/02/2018 12:44:41

A nice hot Sunny day forecast for Saturday, so just booked the Train tickets thumbs up. See you there chaps smiley.

John.

Thread: Hobbyboss Vk 1601 Pz.kpfw. Ausf.J
17/02/2018 21:19:57

Si,

This was a pleasant surprise , turning up had forgotten you was working on one. Lovely job mate, great looking little tank wins the cute stakes, in fact i think it is crying out for a figure like one of these thumbs up.

pzr ii 11 008.jpg

John.

17/02/2018 19:27:54

Peter,

I know what you mean, only consistency in my modelling is the likelyhood of me screwing up mate . Many thanks for the kind words thumbs up.

John.

Thread: Revell Harbour Tug Boat
17/02/2018 19:21:14

Jim,

Great stuff mate, dock wall is coming on particularly well with all your attention to detail thumbs up. With your skillful application of things Nautical may i recommend some Music to model by, " A Salty Dog " by Procol Harum, a very good Album face 20.

John.

Thread: WW1 Mk 1 "Tadpole" (PL)
17/02/2018 19:03:22

Peter,

Nifty start with the early scratchery thumbs up. Lewis gun barrels and Mortar look spiffing wink 2. Should be a goody .

John.

17/02/2018 18:57:21

Jim,

I had noticed the irony of the re-paint when i posted on Mr T`s latest Braille build face 20. With the HS , i follow the recommended procedures , but even though i use Tammy paint thinned with water and chip soon after spraying, paint is very reluctant to shift. ( wonder if local water consistency has any detrimental effect ? ) thinking . I do think the brush gives a very similar chipping effect, but HS allows for that worn paint look, so swings and roundabouts really.. Figure is sitting in the only place on the tank that he fits, but i will need to make something to fit under his Left boot.

Scottie,

Cheers mate wink 2, i will be taking it slowly this time to hopefully just get general wear and knocks .

John.

Thread: 1/16 Fallschirmjager, Eben Emael
17/02/2018 18:40:12

Peter,

Great finish thumbs up. Amazing just how much difference that tiny amount of bright colour lifts the drabness of military uniform tones .

John.

Thread: M60A1 Rise
17/02/2018 18:35:24

Mick,

Interesting idea if you fancy doing all the above plumbing wink 2, but think it might mean that it is not just a time filler face 20.

John.

Thread: Panzer IV G Winterketten
17/02/2018 16:20:25

Jon,

Lovely job building the IV thumbs up . So far the paintjob looks superb too. I am a big fan of Fruil tracks, but knowing how soft the metal is , are those Winterketten cleats a bit fragile ?

John.

17/02/2018 15:43:12

John,

Cheers sir, but the colour went wonky sad , read on though. You will probably shoot me for this, but have never done a Russian vehicle blush, but i will mate and be wanting advice from you face 20.

Scottie,

Thank you buddy wink 2, still plodding along and correcting mistakes, all mine btw crying 2.

After i did the last coat, began rubbing off the paint via the HS method, " which i have struggled with in the past ". It didn`t look right and after Glossing it the model turned to a very Dark Mustard colour which looked terrible. So re-sprayed again and decided to chip using the traditional method of a small pointed brush. Just a bit done on one side at the moment , but happier with the outcome .

pzr ii 11 007.jpg

As you can see the Map reader as also got a map to read face 20. Think this colour on the tank will allow for any changes when filters are applied, without turning too Dark.

John.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Kingkit
Parabellum
HLJ February
Expo Tools July 14
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest