By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for joe strenko

Here is a list of all the postings joe strenko has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Taking a break
16/04/2018 12:35:43

699a14d8-32d8-467a-bc00-52f86f42be3a.jpeg I decided to take a break from modeling for a while and will re-join all of you fine gentlemen when the time is right again. Last week my wife and I lost one of our pups in her battle with diabetes. I want to make sure that I take the time to spend with my other pup and my wife during our time of sorrow. I’ll see you gentlemen again and keep up the great work

Thread: Vallejo Colour Reference chart pdf.
25/03/2018 14:25:32

Thank you Alan,,, saved and bookmarked already 👍👍

Thread: Ammo belts
24/03/2018 12:03:41

Brad,

There are some PE Manufacturers who make 1/35 scale 30 and 50 cal ammo belts... Aber, Eduard, I think Griffon??

Thread: Revell Harbour Tug Boat
24/03/2018 11:58:19

Jim, the start of the rusting process is excellent.

I had never heard of rust-it before and had to do an internet search....not sure that I am looking at the same one that you are using.?? But your results are looking fantastic..I’d definitely like to learn more about the product that you are using. Well done and keep it coming

Thread: 2 StuGs and a Sturm-Infanteriegeschz 33 B 1942/3 Stalingrad (JR )
22/03/2018 23:02:45

John, I have those same glasses 👍 they’ve really helped me see more details especially when working with PE.. hope you like them.

Thread: M8 - HMC
20/03/2018 10:34:16

Jakko,

I have no idea, I used what Verlinden had on their sign kit. But curious as to why it is out of place?? I’m not fluent in the language to know the difference. Can you please provide some insight

19/03/2018 21:28:24

This is what I found and followed as best as possible ( for reference only)march 19(6).jpeg

19/03/2018 21:27:08

March19(2).jpeg

Followed Simons advice and came up with a few tidbits to add to the empty space

March 19 .jpeg

March 19(4).jpeg

March 19(3).jpeg

The barricades are made following a pic I found on the Internet

Thread: Revell Harbour Tug Boat
19/03/2018 21:17:01

Jimbo, some great suggestions on the seaweed from the guys...looking forward to your experiments with the materials and progress. The painting and chipping on the ole’ tug looks great 👍

Thread: YRBM 20 Brown Water Navy
18/03/2018 23:33:08

Gregory, I hadn’t checked on your progress in a while but soooooo glad that I did,, WOW this is fantastic!!!! All of the little details are incredible and the finished painting of them is even more incredible. Your skills and attention to detail are amazing. Please keep it coming. Once this is done I’d love to see a 360 degree pictorial of everything. There is so much eye candy to see and your efforts are paying off two fold. Well done. starstarstarstarstar

Thread: 2 StuGs and a Sturm-Infanteriegeschz 33 B 1942/3 Stalingrad (JR )
17/03/2018 12:10:14

John, just catching up.. the B&W photos look fantastic.. your use of rubble and debris is excellently done. Keep up the great work 👍

Thread: Dragon 1/16 Handschar Figure
17/03/2018 12:02:26

Top shelf work again,,,I like the squinty kind of sinister looking eyes on him 👍👍

Thread: V2 - Vengeance From Above
17/03/2018 12:00:03

Allen, great work, Looking forward to the next updates... like the choice of support vehicles that are in line for the build as well.

Thread: Hobbyboss Vk 1601 Pz.kpfw. Ausf.J
11/03/2018 19:09:26

Si

I just found this and read through so far,, interesting looking little tank. You’ve done a great job on it and the painting is spot on.. I’ve yet to try such a fine camo scheme... what pressure did you set your airbrush at when spraying?

The homeade grass applicator is fantastic.by the way,,,,I have the store bought one but now wish I would have made one like you did.

Thread: August '44
11/03/2018 18:57:58

Sean

excellent carving/painting on the barn and wall from the balsa foam. Looking forward to seeing some additional photos with the sturmpanzer. Groundwork looks great as well 👍

Thread: M8 - HMC
11/03/2018 18:53:37

Jimbo, Scottie, Simon and Steve, thanks for the compliments and following along.

Simon, comment about the balance noted. I will try to come up with something for that empty space.

Thanks again to everyone

Thread: Sdkfz 9 FAMO mit Sdah 116
09/03/2018 22:05:15

kosmas,

I recently had my eye on this very same kit.. I’m definitely in to watch to see what you do with it.geat work so far and keep it coming

Thread: V2 - Vengeance From Above
09/03/2018 22:02:16

Allen, glad to see you back on the bench and at a great little build..I have to say that John Huttons comment made me laugh a bit.. is your rocket growing with every post? 😆😆

Looking forward to seeing this all come together.

Thread: Dragon 1/16 Handschar Figure
09/03/2018 21:56:04

Peter,

Camo looks superb and as usual blending of colors, face painting, etc is up to the Peter Day standard of excellence. 👍👍👍

Thread: Henschel 33 D1 Kfz.72 Radio Truck & Sd.Ah 24 Generator
09/03/2018 21:48:11

Ron,

your patience and level of detail on this radio truck is an outstanding example of modelling at a very high level and its a pleasure to watch this come together and follow along. Every time I check in I have to go back to admire all of the little bits and pieces and detail To which you were adding. This is simply fantastic work. Keep it coming. I am anxiously waiting for the next update.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Kingkit
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Parabellum
HLJ February
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest