By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Allen Dewire

Here is a list of all the postings Allen Dewire has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Bat outta Hell....
21/06/2017 21:55:52

Evening Andy,

Another killer project you've got here Sir. You are off to a great start too. The motor is fine as wine and well detailed. Up to your usual standards for detail realism. I do have a question though....Which Mugavaim Varbanukkidevas shoots the rounds at the target?????

Personally, I like Simon's Mugavaim Varbanukkidevas picture better. Somehow it makes more sense and could be more effective on the battlefield....Drive on my friend, it'll all come out in the wash later!!!

Prost

Allen

Thread: 2017 Anti Aircraft Group Build (AAGB17)
21/06/2017 21:32:38

Dang Carl,

So sorry to hear that. I do hope that you can salvage it and bring her back to life. I wish you all the best and drink an ale for me too please. It's hotter than hell here in Germany too...

Prost

Allen

Thread: StuG III Ausf D (SdKfz 142) Bronco CB35117
21/06/2017 21:27:07

Evening Steve,

Yup, it is way too hot to do anything. We have over 30 Celsius and all you do is sweat. Simon is 100% correct as early StuG's carried torsion bars on the lower hull as pictured.

You certainly are off to a grand start my friend. Looking good so far with your little finery fixes. Now we are on the internals. Funny, I don't see a Liver, lungs, heart or nothing internal!!!....What's up with that buddy???

I'll get my coat..........

Prost

Allen

Thread: "Achtung! Aircraft spotted - Battle Stations!" (AAGB17)
21/06/2017 19:11:26

Hey Ron

I can't believe how cool the pic is where you added more color to the below the waterline. That pic alone is worth an award! It looks like the Uboat just grounded itself on a beach...Top drawer stuff all the way Sir!!! Thanks for keeping all the dio work in this blog too....

Prost

Allen

Thread: 120mm Volkssturm Vignette
21/06/2017 19:03:50

Evening Peter,

Yes Sir, I have also been following this fine. masterful, and cool project. You've overcome all the little things and produced a great first fig. The greatcoat was probably a pain, but you nailed it (even without a lot of creases in It)...

This guy, Tiburzy, is wild!!! He's uglier than I am.....The heat here is also a killer for painting and model work in general. I too, hope it cools down so I can (attempt) to paint a figure. What did I just say???..............Take care!

Prost

Allen

21/06/2017 18:46:34

Evening All,

Still cant't believe all the great stuff going on....

Bobby's done and the net came out fantastic. A fine dio Sir and a busy one too. Top work!!!

Fernando, you have done a super job on the NATO camo. This looks to be a huge dio when your done buddy!

Marty, has the soldering iron cooled yet? Must have as you've gone and done a flak 38 too. I think you'll make the finish line Sir!

Carl, that Acht Acht looks tight with the weathering. I too would love to see more pics. Love the finish!

Graeme, great to see you're still driving on with the Crusader. You've really made the Italeri kit Shine Sir. Guess paint is next huh???

I wanted to muck up the interior and decided I would have to get the Flak out of the poly cap to be able to work. In doing so, I only managed to break one hinge piece on the left side plate. Careful application of glue repaired this with no ill effects. The panel still moves up and down. Got lucky I guess. I then did a wash to start it off. The two side panels will get done when I add the spare barrels......

image.jpg

Been pondering about something to show the vehicle in a more natural way. (Huh!!!) As this is an almost OOTB build, I decided to use this guy. As you can see, his arm is sending me a serious message....'U gotta paint this dude, Dude'. There goes the neighborhood folks...................

image.jpg

In between all this nonsense, I have been playing with pigs to dirty up the lower hull. Pigs are fun, but they take a while to build up a thicker layer. I guess mixing up a slurry as a base and then applying the pigs would be the way to do a real mud caked hull. This Wagen will be dirtied up to a point only....

image.jpg

A bit on the road wheels and sprockets will finish the the hull sides. Tracks and hull front/back are next for the pig treatment. It's been so hot for the past few days, that Moggelling isn't possible. Got a ways to go yet..........

image.jpg

The end is near (the GB of course) and there is so much to do. Lord love a duck!!! Thanks for looking and all C, C and C welcome.......

Prost

Allen

Thread: Tommy`s War 1/10th Corporal bust.
19/06/2017 21:23:44

Good Evening Mr. Hutton,

I've just done a read through and all I can say is WOW!!!!!! The other gents have said it, but I have to say you definitely have a way of painting eyes. Can you say Storm trooper??? Those were incredible and these are too!!!!!

I normally can't comment on such works as I'm a NoGo in this area. Peter D., you and a few others mesmerize me with your work in different scales. This is really nice and I can't wait to see how you finish him.

Prost

Allen

Thread: Trumpeter, 3.7cm Flak 43 Flakpanzer IV " Ostwind "(AAGB 17 )
19/06/2017 21:06:51

Evening John,

Now you know you haven't made sense since 1975, so who you kidding!!!! Sorry, I couldn't resist that one Sir. Also sorry for my absence of late. I do hope you are well and enjoying life a little. As for me, Mojo is rising a bit, but the mesh is killing me lately. Don't think I'll ever heal up inside........

Loving the ground work and figs for the 'Wind'. Shouldn't be long now and she will be finished huh? I am so envious of your figure painting. Are you retired yet??? I also see you are painting another bust. Gotta check it out.

Take care Bro and see you on the other side.

Prost

Allen

Edited By Allen Dewire on 19/06/2017 21:07:37

Thread: AA On The Move (AAGB17)
18/06/2017 20:20:44

Afternoon Paul,

With your fantastic work, the end is never in sight. It just moves on to the next marvel in 1/87!!! The 548 looks so much like a 1/35 model, it's hard to believe it isn't. The same with the Hummer....The detail is amazing on these little critters and you only bring it out and make it better.

I hope all is well by you and yours. Sorry I've been absent for a while. Healing up good, but problems on the inside are killing me. Mojo is finally rising out of the ashes too. Clean the garage, get a 6 month plate, fix the fuel line and the little stuff and then go out for a cruise....

With all your fine work Sir, you more than deserve it. Take Care buddy!!!

Prost

Allen

Thread: The Crazy Eighty Eight AAGB17
17/06/2017 12:18:36

Hi Bobby,

Yes, I have been following this even with a dead Mojo as it is therapeutic. Love the ground work you've accomplished. The piece of styrofoam you used looks exactly like a piece I have right down to the thickness.

I've never tried to create a camo net so I will be all eyes as to how you do it. Normally I hate camo nets as they get hooked onto everything when you try to erect them over a vehicle. Your own gear included......LOL!!!

Prost

Allen

Thread: Tamiya 35091 20mm Flakvierling 38 MITSd.Ah.52 (AAGB17)
17/06/2017 12:06:58

Hey Youngster,

Nice finish on this my friend. Great to see all the pieces come together and those figs are top stuff too. Your figs sure have come a long way in a short time. That's fantastic. I do think too that the stonework came out excellent and represents a fine piece of Mediterranean masonry!

So it's on with a Stug for your next work. DAK or somewhere else maybe??? Can't wait buddy...Oh, I gotta say that the very last picture just looks so realistic too! But what did you do with those figures??? Rudy!!! Noch eine runde bitte!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prost

Allen

Thread: (AAGB17) Sdkfz.7/1 quad Flak38 {ST}
17/06/2017 07:34:32

Morning Simon,

No, it hasn't been a year yet... Following this all along even with a dead Mojo. It is refreshing and it has helped me get back to the table with my project.

I'm surprised that with all your ups and downs that your Mojo still shines as well as your fine scratchery! Hat's off to you Sir and thanks for keeping this going.

Prost

Allen

Thread: 1:35 Soviet Aerosol
16/06/2017 17:43:21

Hey Kenny,

You gonna build it or just talk about it.....LOL!!! Seriously though, Jim is the resident expert on these very strange, but very cool vehicles.

Don't get too nervous about the etch. I was scared to death about it the first time I had some in a kit. (They were all flat pieces too, nothing to bend)...it all came out good and can actually be fun at times. Enjoy Sir!!!

Prost

Allen

PS, still kicking with the M-60 or did learning Korean kill the build...........

16/06/2017 17:27:57

No worries Mike,

You can always use a dark wash to make the gun darker. I hope the shell clips aren't glued in place as it will make painting the rounds very difficult. Glad you clarified the bowls in the pics. We thought you were eating healthy or something! LOL!!! Osty looking good Sir.

Hi Robin, I almost bought the Trumpy 1/35 SAM-6 for the GB. It was selling for €18.00 on evilbay. That is a nice clean kit and I love the NVA decals you used. hope all is good by you and yours!

Prost

Allen

15/06/2017 21:35:32

Afternoon Paul,

Sorry for my absence and my lack of commenting on your project. I must say after blowing up your pics, that I don't think you missed a thing. Your attention to detail is impeccable as usual and it's still unbelievable everything that you pack into a dio. Especially in the scale that you work with.....

I hope all Is well in the colonies (ok, Ohio) and that it isn't too hot. Have you dug out the Vette yet??? You know you want to...........Take care!

Prost

Allen

15/06/2017 21:22:23

Evening All,

Just a quick update on the Moebelwagen. It's great to see projects moving forward and lots being accomplished or finished.

Fernando - Great NATO cammo on the trailers and a super interior on the HEMMT. Used to drive a cargo version in The California desert. What a blast that was...Power, ohne ende!!!

Andy - Wow, it's nice to see you have almost completed a GB on time. The 43 looks the part and the idea with the pic frame and small dio is wonderful. Can't wait to see the figgie done my friend. Real nice!!!

Today was a holiday here in Franken so I did get some table time. I have been pigging out the lower hull and today I added the road wheels. I shot a coat of gray primer on the Friuls this morning and had to wait till it dried. I then painted the tracks with a coat of dark track color from AK. I didn't do the inside of the tracks as I will be mucking them up later......

image.jpg

The right side Friuls were one link too long. Have you ever tried to remove a CA'd pin out of a link without messing something up??? Took about an hour and a lot of mangling of one link, but it worked. At least I didn't mess up the connecting link and the track could be pinned back together......,,..

image.jpg

This weekend I plan on doing up the fighting compartment and finish dirtying up the 43 and add the shield. Then it's on to painting and adding the tools. Getting there I think.......

image.jpg

Thanks for having a look and all C, C and C welcomed. Keep up the great work guys!!!

Prost

Allen

Thread: Tamiya 1/16 Soviet Field Commander
13/06/2017 20:44:37

Good Evening Peter,

Been following your fantastic work all along, even with zero Mojo. Sorry I didn't comment on the Volksstrum dio or the DAK fig vignette. I am getting slowly back into the swing of things and hope the Mojo stays with me.

I do have to say that this figure definitely has character. The facial expression you've achieved is killer. I love it (true Ruskie), but still can't get how you do it. Keep us amazed with your work Sir.

Prost

Allen

Thread: The Wanderer Returns
13/06/2017 20:27:15

Hey Steve,

No need to be sorry Sir, that pic had my gut hurting from laughing so hard. Thanks for that!!! Still gathering info on the vehicles and hope to help ya by the weekend.

I was only kidding when I said get back to the bench and build something, but by golly, you actually did!!! Cool beans my friend. Have a good one...

Prost

Allen

12/06/2017 18:19:40

Hi Steve,

You're Baaaack............Sorry I was unsociable in France, my friend was kinda out to lunch that day (a girlie thing) and my peg leg was giving me hell in the heat!!!

Seriously though, a belated Happy, Happy (youngster) and it seems that you had a really great trip. It must have been wonderful and sobering at the same time. Also, you sure did shoot a lot of piccies too....I've gone through quite a few and can help identify some of the equipment in your pics. I just need to go through them again to see how to do it....

I can say, the 6 wheeled armored car in France and the one in Holland is American and either an M-8 or M-20. It depends on whether or not it had a turret. The big green cannon (3 pics) is a 155mm Long Tom. Gonna have to take a look at some others.

Now get your butt back to the bench and build something.........

Prost

Allen

Thread: 6th. SS-Sturmbrigade Langemarck StuG III ausf. G
12/06/2017 17:33:35

Hey Wouter,

I'm back after an absence and it's great to see this moving along again. I love the finish and your use of pigs and oils. Have you ever tried Tamiya's X20A thinner as a fixer for pigments? Just curious, as many Moggellers use it. I've tried it and it works quite well. It also dries quick too. Hope all is well and have you started reading yet???

Prost

Allen

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Kingkit
HLJ June 2017
Battlegate
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Parabellum
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest