By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Allen Dewire

Here is a list of all the postings Allen Dewire has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: M-32 Recovery Vehicle (EngGB17)
17/10/2017 20:37:40

Evening Pete,

A little late to the party (nothing new for me), but what you are doing with this is great! You gotta love an Italeri kit. Most are detailed and molded rather well, leaving lots of room to do some magic and add some finery. Super start on M32 and this looks to be a fantastic project.

I'll do my best to watch this develop, although you might have to call me Heinz 57 cause most of the time I have to 'ketchup' on builds due to the work thing! Drive on and have fun!!!.......

Prost

Allen

Thread: MacTaggarts Catapult
17/10/2017 17:29:35

Dang Richard,

I could see you doing this in 1/35 scale, but in 1/72??? Looks to be a huge undertaking even with some shortcuts. Will do my darndest to keep up on this. All the best Sir and you are off to a good start. (I would say 4% done)

Prost

Allen

Thread: Young Miniatures 1/10 Roman Centurian Bust
17/10/2017 17:18:04

Evening Peter,

This looks to be very interesting and the history lesson is also appreciated. Sorry I missed the rest of the Florian Geyer build. I will try to keep up with this one. Maybe a seat next to JR (is the theme from Dallas playing?)...

I am sure this will be another excellent work and I do hope you can keep your G's and V's in order...

Prost

Allen

PS, a really nice gesture from Steve too!

Thread: No tusks and blubber (BiplaneGB17)
17/10/2017 17:06:46

Hi Richard,

Well the reason was quit simple really. When the GB began, and people chose their kits to build, everyone was real scared and or very nervous about the rigging. As the GB progressed, I figured if you didn't use the R word and went with tensioning cables and wire, people wouldn't be so scared of it.

I guess it was just one of my little quirks to try and calm the masses! Gotta go and check out your catapult now. Take care Sir and happy scratching....

Prost

Allen

Thread: A 1/48th Little Fokker...(BiplaneGB17)
16/10/2017 18:37:41

Evening All,

I'm at a loss for words, but Steve, Andy, Si, PaulE, Peter, Richard, Fernando, Jim, Scottie, Dzhon, Sjors and Tim, Thank You All So Much!!!

I'm sorry that I didn't answer you all individually like I normally do. You guys are the best and you kept me on the right track. You got me over the finish line, late, real late and gave me the ummph needed to do it. This is only the second GB, out of 8 or 9, I have completed...

Peanuts is one of my favorites and as I was about to throw in the towel, this idea hit me. Sometimes the good guys have to win too....

Once again, I tip my hat to you all on the best Moggelling site there is and Thanks to Tim, I'm in heaven for a while...

Prost auf Euch, Alle von Euch

Allen

Thread: 2018 Group Builds (YES Really!)
16/10/2017 17:41:43

Hi Andy,

Nice to see you out and about Sir. JR is a wonderful person and always looking out for me. (Why is it when I say JR, I feel like I'm in an episode of Dallas)

I too would like to see 3 GB's a year. Like you and others here, work has been beating me to death lately and the extra month could help me finish in time. (Who am I kidding)....Seriously though. a fantastic idea.

As for the GB's, Dave has a great idea with the OOB build because a lot of us spend too much time souping up our builds, instead of just building the damn thing.

100 years RAF is also a grand idea, but I hope that would include ground support vehicles too. (Have to recover from wing thingy disease)

Finishing up un-finished GB builds and/or shelf queens is also a winner. Simon T, myself and others on MM would welcome that GB with open arms.

Maybe a GB for Russian Vehicles, any era, wheeled or tracked. There is a universe of kits out there for it...

Just my two pence or euro cents.....Off for another 750 km adventure in the morning. Thanks again for all you do for us Andy. You Da Man!!!!!!

Prost

Allen (are we there yet?)

Edited By Allen Dewire on 16/10/2017 17:42:48

Thread: 2017 Biplane Group Build (BiplaneGB17)
16/10/2017 17:14:49

Evening Gents,

Ed - Great to see you back around here Sir, and Thanks for that. Sorry, but poor Snoopy has been shot down by the Red Baron so many times he's ran out of uniforms and planes. Take care!

Richard - It was very frustrating and Plan C was the only option other than the trash can. Thanks so much Sir!

Jim - I'm glad it made you smile. I didn't think there was a way out to finish the GB. As said above, Plan C was it. If it makes someone smile, then the whole shebang was worth it. Thank you!!!

Prost

Allen

15/10/2017 14:34:21

Afternoon Fellow GBer's,

With Plan A and B down the drain, Plan C was all that was left...........

I give you, "GOT YOU RED BARON!!!!"

image.jpg

A pic against my wall. I need to find a good place outside to take new ones......

image.jpg

Still needs a few tweaks and a bigger, better more stable base. Maybe a half 1/35 figure in the cockpit shaking his fist at Snoopy too!!! All abuse welcome and have a good Sunday!

Prost

Allen

Thread: A 1/48th Little Fokker...(BiplaneGB17)
15/10/2017 14:20:41

Good Afternoon All You Happy People,

Keeping with my tradition, I missed the deadline of the Biplane GB as usual. I tried to get some figures to go with the little Fokker and that didn't work. I tried to get some accessories and that didn't work to my liking either.

Being frustrated, I almost canned the project. Plan A and Plan B went down the toilet, so I had to come up with a Plan C...............

So, without further BS, I give you my completed (ok, 97% completed) GB project. It is titled;

"GOT YOU RED BARON!!!!"

image.jpg

Still needs a bit of tuning up, but I think you get the picture.........

image.jpg

The base needs to be enlarged as this is very wobbly indeed...............

image.jpg

image.jpg

The Fokker does need someone in the cockpit. My idea is a 1/35 half fig with his left arm shaking a fist at Snoopy. This GB was cool and interesting. It's now back to my comfort zone! Not sure what's up next, but I'll post it here to bore you all anyway.....

I hope you enjoy the Little Fokker and all abuse is cheerfully accepted. Have a great Sunday!!!

Prost

Allen (he who needs a cold one)

Thread: Morning
15/10/2017 13:30:25

Good Afternoon Dzhon,

Great day for a little Fokker I must say...Over 20 and sunshine!!! Can't be beat,.....

Allen

Thread: Bruckenlegepanzer Biber (Bridge Laying Tank Beaver) - (EngGB17)
14/10/2017 22:04:11

Dzhon,

Alan, who the hell is Alan!!!!! Sniffing the putty again???

Allen

Thread: Latest Acquisitions 2017
14/10/2017 21:59:03

Hi Peter,

I have wanted this kit for that very reason, but it was always too expensive. I also need to make styrene copies of the fuel tanks and filler caps, along with the heater ductwork for a cyber hobby late Hetzer that I am scratch building the engine compartment for. I hope to post this build when it comes back up on the table. (Don't have a bench), and it could be a while.......

Prost

Allen

Thread: "Did the Earth move for you?" (Engineering Vehicles GB)
14/10/2017 21:44:27

Hi Alistair,

I can only apologize for the lack of participation on this mahoosive undertaking. Great to see you in your element and doing a bang up job to boot! The pistons are the doo-doo and the cab is a wonder on the inside. I do hope you leave the door open too.

I will try to keep up with this as best I can. Damn work has been killing me since our delivery firm quit delivering. I have to deliver our vehicles myself now. Loads of kilometers on the road and no time to play!!!

Your work is always great to follow because you put your heart and soul into each project. The finery makes it even better than the real thing. I'm waiting to see what's next Sir. Take care!

Prost

Allen, late in as usual....

Thread: Bruckenlegepanzer Biber (Bridge Laying Tank Beaver) - (EngGB17)
14/10/2017 18:14:21

Opa Jim,

I'm in for this one and won't be throwing any popcorn around. I have been working too much and am too tired to play that game. As an old combat engineer, this is right up my alley! We had scissor bridges on M48 chassis' in a few of my old units. Bring it on Sir!!!

Prost

Allen

Thread: sd.kfz.251/20 UHU
14/10/2017 17:58:02

Hey Scottie,

I told ya you would come up with a super idea and BAM!!!!!! Super tree, super groundwork, looks like a great plan so far....Bring it on Brother......

Prost

Allen

Thread: Dragon 1/16 Florian Geyer German Cavalryman
14/10/2017 17:52:23

Evening Peter,

Sorry for not commenting lately, but work has just worn me out and I can never keep up with MM. I do have to say your last 23 figures were works of art Sir. I find it so amazing that you have turned out so many super projects in the last 15 days.

Neddy is absolutely wonderful and the colors are spot on like the real McCoy. Your rider is also a masterpiece in the works. Your use of colors again shine on and look so good Sir....

I do hope to get a bit of free time the last week in October. I only hope I don't miss your next 12 projects in that time frame. It would be such a shame.....

Prost

Allen

Thread: Latest Acquisitions 2017
14/10/2017 17:27:03

Evening Gents,

WOW, some really nice buys going down at the moment folks....Poor Robin though!!!....666 pieces.....

While work has kept me too busy and away from here, I did manage to snag a few bargains off evilbay...

This is an all new kit from Zvezda. 545 very cleanly molded parts, no etch, link and length tracks (with sag in the top run) and clear parts for the cupola. The Zimmerit is molded on the side and turret skirts only. There is none on the tank itself. Rather odd, but cool just the same....

image.jpg

This was one on the wish list for a long time, but always too expensive. At € 32.00 to the door and with complete interior, engine compartment, etch and 4 figures to boot, I'm happy! I need to copy the fuel tanks from this kit for another Hetzer late scratch build project. The Verlinden 1097 Hetzer engine compartment kit is wrong...

image.jpg

Won another wish list kit too. Will post a pic when I get it next week. Then it's off to the SMC in Veldhoven Friday morning.....

Prost

Allen

Thread: No tusks and blubber (BiplaneGB17)
14/10/2017 16:43:59

Hi Richard,

Yes Sir, I have been trying to follow this all along. Work has taken it's toll on free time and I always seem to be playing Catch Up...

Superb job on this old beauty!!! I can't believe how great this turned out with all your tweaks and fixes. Your tensioning cables and wires (we don't use the R word) on the wings and engine are masterclass, to say the least. Congrats once again!!!

Prost

Allen

Thread: 2017 Biplane Group Build (BiplaneGB17)
14/10/2017 16:33:32

Dang Fellas,

It looks like there are only a few of us still struggling to the finish line. Fernando, Sean, Jim and Richard, I don't know how you did it, but they are truley fabulous wing thingys.

Hard to believe that it's already 14 days past the finish line. I hope (with luck and all fingers and toes crossed), I will be able to finish off the little Fokker tomorrow. What I ordered wasn't what I thought, so I had to go to plan C....

Super job one and all on this fantastic GB!!!!!!!!

Prost

Allen

Thread: It's that time of year again - Happy Birthday Jimbo
13/10/2017 21:59:59

Evening Jim

Alles Gute Zum Geburtstag Opa Jimbo!!!

Personally, I think Steve is all wet. You can't be a day over 78, according to MM records....All the best on this day (and night) too!

I'll get my coat..........

Prost auf Dich

Allen

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
HLJ Oct
Parabellum
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Kingkit
Expo Tools July 14
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest