By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Allen Dewire

Here is a list of all the postings Allen Dewire has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Stug fest rebooted
10/05/2017 19:57:26

Evening Bob,

Any seats left down front??? Kinda old, don't see too well and have a lack of Mojo at the moment. Nuthin' like a great (rekindled) Stug Fest to (hopefully) get the juices flowing again. I always love to watch your magic on these puppies. I see you're off to a good start Sir.........All eyes!

Prost

Allen

Thread: A trip down memory lane...... {ST}
10/05/2017 19:48:29

Wow Simon, what a trip it is...don't mean to hi-jack your thread, but here's a flashback from across the pond. All prices are in dollars of course....oh, and the price for the 7/1 in the end of 1976, in America, was $12.98...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks so much for the blast from the past!!! Those were the days...........

Prost

Allen

Thread: Latest Acquisitions 2017
09/05/2017 16:52:04

Trying to boost up a dead Mojo and following Simon T's build, snagged this (more of a joke bid than serious) from evilbay for €27.00 to the door. Cheap, I do have to admit.....

image.jpg

One of the kits on my wish list...From Hobby Easy for €32.00 cheaper than here. Even with postage and customs tax, I still saved €15.00! Mojo still zip.......

image.jpg

My most wanted kit on the wish list!!!! €53.00 to the door from evilbay auction. Got lucky. Last auction, €65.00+ postage....Got real lucky on this J last. The more I look in the box, I think the Mojo's Rising..........

image.jpg

Prost

Allen

Thread: 1/16 Stug Man
04/05/2017 20:54:17

HeyPeter,

I gotta agree with Dirk here Sir....... If I'm not mistaken, aren't these figures for their 1/16 Luchs kit they just brought out? It's always a shame to ruin or break good parts due to huge attachment points on the sprue. You are off to a good start and I'm gonna try to keep up this time Peter. Honest!!!

Prost

Allen

Thread: Miniart I/16 Spartan
04/05/2017 20:40:33

Thanks Peter,

Been back to work for 3 days now (three hours a day) to get back into the swing. Healing is good, but the mesh is still tight under the skin. Mojo is in the dumps right now, but it can only get better my friend. Oh, wait, did I see a new project from you somewhere??? Gotta check...Thanks again and take care....

Prost

Allen

Thread: Me109 E
04/05/2017 19:35:51

Hi Mick,

I could have swore I had commented in this beauty before...I do apologize for the fact that I haven't. What can a man say....You did have some trials and tribulations, and you overcame them all. I like the way the whole scene looks now!!! If you are going to do more, wow, I can't wait to see what you have in store for us......

Prost

Allen

Thread: Miniart I/16 Spartan
04/05/2017 19:26:20

Hi Peter,

I see you have finished another beautiful figure. I must say (being no expert on figures) that you have nailed the flesh tones and the definition of the arm and leg muscles, to a 'T'. I can only bet that wasn't an easy job to do. And as Wouter said, that shield is super!!! And you still have your sanity after doing a MiniArt figure....A win, win for sure!

Prost

Allen

Thread: HMS King George V passing the North Cape,heading for Murmansk.
04/05/2017 19:14:14

Evening Ron,

This is just amazing what you've accomplished with the simplest of things. If you hadn't thrown in the mug shot and left a couple pics out, it would have definitely been recon photos here for sure. Fantastic job Sir, absolutely Fantastic!!!

Prost

Allen

Thread: Get well soon Mike Durnford
04/05/2017 19:06:22

Hey Mike, I do hope you are feeling better here shortly. Things to build, faces to paint....You know.....

Gute Besserung Kumpel!!!

Allen

Thread: A very sad day for the family...
04/05/2017 19:03:21

Evening Robin,

So Sorry to hear the news about your Mom. My deepest sympathies to You, Una and the whole family.....

Allen

Thread: Trumpeter 1/35th LAV-AD (AAGB17)
01/05/2017 17:03:21

Afternoon Mr. C,

I do have to agree with with Mick here Sir. The likeness is incredible and only missing the Beret. LOL!!! Truly excellent job on the LAV too. And the best part is that the SD disease you are now infected with has no cure. It only gets better with time Andy...Have fun!

Prost

Allen

Thread: The Crazy Eighty Eight AAGB17
01/05/2017 16:51:29

Hey Bobby,

Looking good Bro! The bling brings out the better side of the old kit and up to date too. Been following from the cheapo seats and loving it. My Mojo is like a Yo-Yo the past few days so I've been absent from here...Keep on Keeping on Sir!!!

Prost

Allen

Thread: Mesh
01/05/2017 16:42:48

Hi Andy,

It looks like I'm late again to the party. This is what I used for my 37mm. It is for the Tamiya kit, but would probably work for the Italeri kit too.....You also get a flash suppressor and two pedals with it. Food for thought!!

image.jpg

Prost

Allen

Thread: The Italian Job - Tamiya M40/75-18 Semovente
29/04/2017 22:30:44

Great Steve,

Truly well deserved my friend! Your attention to detail is first class, and now, the judges have seen it too. Next time, it's gold for you without a doubt. Big Congrats at ya dude!!!!!

Prost

Allen

Thread: Back with a Flak Attack (AAGB17)
29/04/2017 22:13:44

Hey Kenny,

Great news that all went well with your OP. Yea, I wish my Doc could somehow add some kits on the bill. I managed to give up smoking after the OP and so far, the money saved, has helped to build the stash...Like I need more kits!!! Oh , and I don't want to hear nothin' about my stockings after you read my blog...LOL!!! Have a great weekend buddy!!!

Prost

Allen

29/04/2017 21:35:22

Good Evening Everybody,

A huge apology for not answering sooner fellow Modelers and GBer's. life has not been the best as of late and no progress has been made. I hope to have an update tomorrow. Everything is ok health wise , it's just the real life stuff that brought me down.......

Kenny - I hope everything went well with your OP and you're on the mend. If you type 'the adventures of Meshman' in the search block, you will get the whole story over my situation and OP....It was a pretty wild time!

Stefan - Kaffee is Immer gut und ja, Meine farbe mischung hat funtioniert....Endlich! Machts gut und Danke!

Simon - Thanks Sir, it's funny, I post the pic and forget about the Cocktail sticks, round and flat...Had to have been another senior moment...

Andy - Firstly, Thank You for the good wishes and it is great to be back at the 'table' and slinging glue again. The recovery is going well and on Tuesday, I go back to work for 3 hours a day for 2 weeks and then 4 for two, to rebuild my strength and my way back to normalcy...I do so want to finish the MAG as it really was a fun build and I have enough shelf queens already!

Secondly, You have no need to apologize Sir...You definitely have your hands full with all that you are doing for the GB's, playing moderator and MM too. Actually, I should be apologizing to you for not commenting on your fantastic works that you are doing. Thanks again for all you do Andy!

Steve - Yes Sir, that's me and my skewers, in an earlier life of course! Now shouldn't you be out digging that Flak position in the backyard. Seems like you're a slacker, McFly...You were always a slacker!!!

Jim - They are a necessary evil so to speak. Some years ago I used to use masking tape folded over to paint road wheels. Then wait till they were dry to do the other side. Who would have thought......Take care buddy!

Paul - My Man, that very idea came to mind in the beginning. My copy of Panzerwrecks 6 has that picture of the Moebelwagen with the cutout on the cover. That vehicle was captured in Oldenburg and later ended up in a collection point in Meppen. I think it ended up going to Canada as war booty. On another note, Bill Auerbach lived in Monroe, NY. Monroe was 15 minutes away from Middletown, NY where I used to live. Orange County Choppers are also in Monroe. Small world......

John - Thanks much my friend! I really think I need to start writing stuff down, paint formulas, etc.! Bro,the worst part is, I may have to hand paint my cammo as I can't get the gun out of the poly cap. DOH!!! Not thinking too well when I pressed it in place. The only option is masking the whole shebang upwards over the gun....

Wouter - Jawohl General, Wir haben farben drauf und richtige auch!!! Only hope the rest goes well. See above brother and have a great weekend...

I hope to crack on in the morning and maybe get a little more done. Thanks for your patience and have a good weekend. Monday is a holiday in Germany, so I have an extra day to Moggell before I go back to work on Tuesday.

Prost

Allen

Thread: Trumpeter, 3.7cm Flak 43 Flakpanzer IV " Ostwind "(AAGB 17 )
29/04/2017 17:58:57

Wow John,

That looks great and looks like a lot of work too...I wouldn't worry about the colors at all. At that point in the war, when these were thrown together, I don't think there was too much uniformity in the cammo schemes anyway. I would have thought that some of these came into use, with the turret and gun, still in the primer color...(But I wasn't there at the time)

Love what's going down here Brother and I'm all eyes. Keep it up and have a great weekend!

Prost

Allen

Thread: 1:32 Trench Sections
29/04/2017 17:40:50

Hi Andrew,

It's really wonderful to see you posting and that the Mojo is rising again. Unbelievable how you made the dandelions out of paper. It's also great to see you have overcome the (kinda) fear of figure painting. Your posts are always a joy to read and one learns so much from them. Take care my friend and enjoy your trip to France. Welcome back!

Prost

Allen

Thread: Tamiya 1/16 Rommel Figure
28/04/2017 17:01:55

Alright Peter,

You got me again.....I'm gonna have to build me a time machine so I can try and keep up with your work Sir. If H.G. wells can do it, maybe I can too. I could go back 1/2 an hour to an hour and not miss anything, or a day or two!!!

I know you really enjoy what you're doing and the end products are the proof of your remarkable talents. I missed your Sniper-ette (she's fantastic and definitely not to be messed with) and now you've knocked Erwin out too. Another work of art and I do have a question about the finished product. What did you use for the grass??? It is an eye catcher as it does have a realistic look to it. Erwin also is done to the max and I love his tunic!

Prost, from an old guy trying to keep up

Allen

Thread: Trumpeter, 3.7cm Flak 43 Flakpanzer IV " Ostwind "(AAGB 17 )
28/04/2017 16:47:21

Afternoon John 'Heinz',

How are you Buddy??? Good to see you're making progress and work isn't taking up all your time. Nice coat of clean underwear too. I do know all about that sort of thing...LMAO!!! You are also lucky you can pop the upper lid off to show the innards!!!

Did you use Tamiya's to do the cammo too? I can see why it took a few tries to get it right. Allt those angles of the plates must have given you some grief. Looking real sharp bro and I hope you get some bench time this weekend. Take care Heinz and Ramble On......

Prost

Allen

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Parabellum
Battlegate
Kingkit
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
HLJ Mar 2017
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest