By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Peter Day 1

Here is a list of all the postings Peter Day 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Poste Militaire French Dragoon
24/02/2017 04:19:02

Hi Craig

Yes, I've seen the two versions at Bonapartes - that's where I saw how expensive they were!

Peter.

Thread: Tamiya Machine Gun Crew
23/02/2017 21:00:14

Hi Steve, missed your post, sorry.

I like being able to look at things from all angles - I should perhaps have used a circular base, but it's in the cabinet now.

Peter.

23/02/2017 20:56:34

Andy and Peter - thanks for looking in. I'll try and do it justice.

Peter.

Thread: Motorcycle despatch rider
23/02/2017 19:37:57

Oh you hero - I was really hoping you'd do a figure to go with the bike. I think we're all going to enjoy this one.

Peter.

Thread: Raining in Tunisia - ITALERI Kfz. 15 Funkwagen No6526
23/02/2017 19:35:49

Hi Steve

I think Scottie's right - the clay is so porous that it's soaked up your first coats of paint, primer and PVA. It should seal up with more coats.

And talk about weathering genius - even wet sandy footprints! Awesome.

Peter.

Thread: Sapper next
23/02/2017 19:32:44

Very nice Mike, and it sounds as though you are learning a lot as you go along.

Peter.

23/02/2017 19:31:43

Hi John

I'm looking forward to doing something larger than 1/35. To be honest I did get a bit of eye-strain towards the end of the MG crew job.

Peter.

Thread: STZ5 Russian ww2 Tractor in 1/35 with a twist. (JR )
23/02/2017 19:30:20

Hi John - well done!

As the other's have said it's not easy and blue air usually accompanies every face-paint I attempt - in the end it's all about practice, practice, practice.

Peter.

23/02/2017 18:14:34

Hi Steve - It was pretty murderous out there.

I am excited by this, but the only issue is that it's so heavy. I definitely need to set up a turntable for the horse, but I think I will have arm ache anyway. How we suffer for our art!

Peter.

23/02/2017 14:54:50

Hi people

Just got back from walking Joe out in Storm Doris - wow, I'm exhausted! Fallen trees, flying branches, the lot.

John - FPS had no effect, so I resorted to a strong paint-stripper. I wasn't sure if the metal could take it, but it seems OK. And what a great figure - I may be converted to 90mm as the supply of 120mm Verlindens dries up.

Simon - this one may take longer. I sort of got into the 1/35 zone and need to re-adjust. Dig out those riflemen.

Andy - I hope I can make it enjoyable for you!

Mike - I thought this would have you salivating! And yes, a wonderful gift. Ain't this site great?

Peter.

23/02/2017 12:44:14

The horse and rider are now ready for painting:

004.jpg005.jpg

I've given them a coat of matt black to create a base and also to check the filling and sanding. As you can see I bent Neddy's right ear when cleaning up the head, but I've since straightened it out.

That's it for today - can't face any painting. Time to take young Joe for a walk in Storm Doris.

Peter.

23/02/2017 12:29:20

Hi Jim

Well, I've seen Mike getting back into Napoleonics and it's whetted my appetite. I've had this for about a week and have been scared stiff of it, but I owe it to John, and with the MG crew finished...

It's 90mm by the way, not a scale I've tackled before but I like what I see. I've only ever done one metal figure before, and that was when I was about 16 (many, many moons ago) - this thing is really heavy, so I've rigged up a handle for the figure, but I'm going to have to get a turntable for the horse - off to the cook shop.

Peter.

23/02/2017 12:23:38

Thank you Si. On to some bigger stuff now - if only for the sake of my eyes.

Peter.

23/02/2017 10:56:31

Once again, I have been the recipient of another site member's incredible generosity - stand up and take a bow, Quebec's finest, Mr John Ballard. John contacted me a few weeks ago and asked if I wanted an old figure of his that he was unlikely to finish. Silly question, and this is what duly arrived:

001.jpg

It turned out to be a Ray Lamb classic for Poste Militaire, his French Napoleonic Dragoon. I won't tell you the price that this currently retails for, except to say that John's gift is generous in the extreme and causes me some embarrassment.

John had made several starts on the piece, but had primed over his first efforts, so I decided to strip it all down and start again. As it's cast in white metal, I decided to dunk it in Wilko paint stripper, which certainly did the job and didn't damage the surface. It also dissolved the glue and filler, so I was able to take it right back to basics.

This is a piece of colour reference:

446008f6e9e993d538c1ad8f33809800.jpg

As you can see, nicely coloured, but relatively simple - the way I like 'em! I have other reference for the kit version, and a few pictures of the figure finished by others to help me.

So, off we go. My grateful thanks to John for his gift - I hope I can do it justice, but I suspect my efforts will be somewhat less than he could achieve.

Peter.

Thread: SSGB17 Braille Scale {ST}
23/02/2017 07:25:57

Oh good grief!!!!!!!

Peter.

Thread: Scratch Build #6 : 1/24 Hawker Fury
23/02/2017 07:24:20

Jim, you're of to a 'flying' start and it's looking good. I can really sense your excitement and enthusiasm.

Peter.

23/02/2017 07:22:11

Joe, John and Jim

Thank you. I loved doing this one!

Peter.

Thread: Me. and my shadow.....(SSGB17)
22/02/2017 22:21:33

Smart stuff Niho - great wear and tear and looks very much like the photos of the real thing.

Peter.

22/02/2017 22:19:09

Hi Tim - thank you.

The rest of my armoured car collection:

005.jpg005.jpg

Peter.

Thread: Otto's Ride
22/02/2017 21:48:21

Great work Mick and a really nice set-up for the dio. Very nice indeed.

Peter.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Casemate
Kingkit
Parabellum
Howmans Books 2017
HLJ Feb 2017
HLJ Late Dec
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest