By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for John Race

Here is a list of all the postings John Race has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Birth of a Champion
17/01/2017 20:08:56

Christos.

Hi mate hope your well and the weather is better .

Love the gun ,thumbs up no wonder the Germans hated the beast , the fire power was truly frightening. Its a pity this is nearly all going to disapear .

John.

Thread: Soviet Aerosan NKL-16/41 (SSGB17)
17/01/2017 20:03:55

Jim.

Ive eye ache just from imagining this being built smiley.Well done you.

Those hinges may as you say be too big but they are great looking and when painted will blend in more .enjoy the wine you deserve it .

John .

Thread: SSGB17 Braille Scale {ST}
17/01/2017 19:57:42

Simon ,

Iam with Andy on thisthumbs up

John.

Thread: Need your help please
17/01/2017 19:53:20

Mike .

Nice idea , love it

Ok go into GOOGLE and type in ww2 armour damage .when the subject page come up , click on images . There is plenty to see and to get ideas .The damage can be a little or as severe as you wish .The soldering iron push with the point can be efective for the hit damage .

img_1428.jpg

This was my take on a battle hit .komsomolets-abandoned.jpg

and the photo that I had the idea from .

HTH

John .

Thread: Zis-5 Aug 2cm Flak 30 LKW SSGB 17
17/01/2017 19:39:42

Nick .

Apart from being somewhat worried about Jimthumbs up and his ideasface 20 can't wait for the onslaught of the PE,

flag looks ok, nice folds esp at this scale.

John .

Thread: Straw Poll
17/01/2017 19:15:42

Dave .... The blue version.

John

Thread: STZ5 Russian ww2 Tractor in 1/35 with a twist. (JR )
17/01/2017 19:13:23

Arg , thank you fine people for looking in........

Keith.................Cheers , yes the smoke washcame out as I wanted.

Jim...................Thank mate.

Andy.................Nothing to loose if you try and may be find a great way.

Mike ................Thanks for the beer, very smooth.

Just poped in before I go into the cave and do some more work on those frames, was hoping to get the two halves joined , but may leave it for a day .

Cheers for now .

John .

Thread: Soviet HeavyTank
17/01/2017 17:37:03

Mike , agree with the guys re this painting .thumbs up

As you know I have this, so now forewarned re the warp and Jims thumbs up method to remedy.

Press on mate .

John .

Thread: STZ5 Russian ww2 Tractor in 1/35 with a twist. (JR )
16/01/2017 21:24:46

Talk about saturation bombing , I am completly overwelmed by all the stuff being posted on here . So If any one see this and manages to comment I shall be somewhat supprised surprise, and grateful. smiley

Windows and doors , set too on the late on the 14 th, managed to get quite a bit done on Sunday . So this is where I am up to .

img_1796.jpg

img_1797.jpg

Sorry its on its side , large photo, and I should have changed the shape , but you can get the idea .On the second , ive put some black wash on the back of the glass and the front .Giving it that smoke damage .Also painted the frames a grey, just leaving a hint ok green showing through .Touched various bits around the openings and on the shell damage going up the wall .

Thats it , off to bed to read .

Thanks for looking in , comments if you will .smiley

John .moon

Thread: Shenanigans 14: Italeri 1/35 Tiger 1
16/01/2017 21:08:54

Well this is going well Peter, a new seat planned.surprise Nothing like a walk for clearing the mind . Glad to here the dog survived thumbs up

Looks good to me

John .

Thread: Project Xerxes
16/01/2017 21:05:41

Simon .

Sorry to read of your wifes problems , sound horrendous , and then a catract to boot . surpriseThink we are lucky to be alive at a time when medical skills are so good .

Well I for one admire your determination with figures , not something that many of us can do . With the help from John and Peter you woun't go far wrong .

Looking fwd to seeing more .

John .

Thread: Out numbered
16/01/2017 20:57:13

Joe ,

Nice to see you fighting fit, must say I like thoses figures in the truch , esp the guy sitting on the side .thumbs up

John .

Thread: Rhine Crossing (SSGB17)
16/01/2017 18:16:50

Paul , your cracking on with this at a fast rate, love those guys in the jeepthumbs up

John .

Thread: 1:32 Trench Sections
16/01/2017 18:14:33

Well done Andy , stunning as ever .

John .

Thread: Its his birthday Sunday
16/01/2017 18:12:50

Thanks guyssmiley I had a great time.

John .

Thread: Project Xerxes
16/01/2017 18:10:29

Simon , this some great work you are doing .

As for the eyes, well needless to say Ive had my share of problems with my left since I had a detachment, so have every sympathy with you .smiley

John

Thread: Shenanigans 14: Italeri 1/35 Tiger 1
16/01/2017 18:04:25

Bl***y Nora , Peter well done mate thumbs upThink you can apply to join the club that they have.

The painting and weathering will be as good as your figures, I have no doubt ................ Stand away from that bin......................................

Carry on ,thats the way .

John .

Thread: Armourfast Valentine 1/72 #1 (SSGB17)
16/01/2017 17:55:36

Chris some one wil be glad of those drawings , so don't feel silly . smiley

Your doing ok mate , worry not, your tracks look good as well , slap some paint on , plenty of mud teeth 2

It will be great.

Johnn .

Thread: Hobby Boss Vickers Medium Mark I
16/01/2017 17:48:13

Odd looking thing, smileyesp with those side mouted maching guns. Enjoying watching this move alone John.

John .

Thread: ME-262 Scratch Build 1/100 #5 (JB SSGB17)
16/01/2017 17:43:00

Left you for a day and your away like the speed of this planesurprise

You do have the knack for this type of work and never fail to pull it out of the bag. So give me chance to grab a seat before you finish please .

John .

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
HLJ Late Dec
Kingkit
Howmans Books 2017
Casemate
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Hobbylink November 2
Parabellum
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest