By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Steve Jones 12

Here is a list of all the postings Steve Jones 12 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: RAF100GB {ST}
16/01/2018 20:22:51

Evenin Mr T

I could have sworn I posted already asking for a seat at the frontblush. The joys of growing old

Great to see your alterations have worked well. Shame about the grief trying to get them done. Will you be adding stowage and have you found the figure yet?. Hope you have an easier ride with the next section

Steve

Edited By Steve Jones 12 on 16/01/2018 20:23:27

Thread: 2017 Engineering Vehicle Group Build (EngGB17)
15/01/2018 18:13:17

Hi Everyone

Construction of the PAK40 has now come to an end. It should take two or three weeks to paint. Once done can I still add it to the albums or have I missed the boat? If I can where can I find the folder please?

img_0025.jpg

Thanks in advance

Steve

Thread: 2 StuGs and a Sturm-Infanteriegeschz 33 B 1942/3 Stalingrad (JR )
14/01/2018 20:46:14

JR

Cracking work. Peter is a top man for sending you those pieces. You have fitted them in well. Time to return to your work as chief seat warmerface 20

Steve

Thread: Lorraine 37L by RMP towing PAK 40 by AFV Club (EngGB2017)
14/01/2018 16:58:10

Fernando - Your dead right mate. The bag over the muzzle is far to thick. I have redone it and added a few more folds. Let me know what you thinkyes

img_0027.jpg

Steve

14/01/2018 16:25:15

Scottie - Cheers mate. PM sent

Thread: A right beauf (RAF100GB)
14/01/2018 16:13:38

John

Stunning!! You should be pleased. Everything is looking grand. Are you a weatherer of builds or leave as is?

Steve

Thread: Captured Autoblinda AB-41 (1/35)
14/01/2018 16:11:42

Griff

I dont know how much dust and weathering you are doing but usually the harshness of the camo lines will blend in nicely by the end of the process. What base coat colour are you using?

Steve

Thread: M26 Dragon wagon {PS}
14/01/2018 16:08:56

Scottie

Some nice realistic additions, as you say, to add that bit of interest. Will any of the cabs doors and windows be open?

Steve

14/01/2018 16:04:50

Hi Everyone

John/John - Nothing of any note on UTube. I tried to find Wouter's Egyptian burnt out tank but no joy. I will now have to go through my MM mags and find it there. Thanks for the support guys

Finishing touches are done so I am calling this one done.

The jury is still out on the tarp. I was inspired by this photo

9471789872_91306db622_b.jpg

Honest opinions would be nice as I'm still not sure. Hopefully once painted it wont be so much in your face

img_0027.jpg

There were some clips and brackets on the rear leg supports

img_0019.jpg

(For discussion purposes only)

These were replicated with PE, pewter, rivets and styrene rod

img_0020.jpg

img_0023.jpg

After speaking to Frank Dobson about this photo

1285b5692b3fc4f3ebc6543d2026d307--terre-belgium.jpg

it was agreed that the wire is there for support of camo net, twigs, branches etc. This has been replicated and the camo net will be added at the end of the build

img_0025.jpg

Other final jobs were the shovel, drilling out the sight, weathering the other tyre, and a few rivets here and there. This will be left to settle for a few days and then the cleaning process will begin

Steve

fb_camo_pak 40.jpg

Thread: GROUP BUILD RAF 100 2018 .(JR)
13/01/2018 19:35:56

SL Race

You have your hands full here my friend!! This GB really is attracting a lot of interest with a fantastic variety of builds. Good luck keeping it altogetheryesbeer

Steve

Thread: Leopard2A4M CAN with Barracuda camouflage.
13/01/2018 19:33:01

Mike

I bet you filled the swear box putting that aerial togetherlaugh. Terrific result though. I take it you will be storing it safely until the very end of the build.?wink

Steve

13/01/2018 19:26:41

Si - Hows sunny Sussex? The wheels are from the Tamiya kit so you may recognise themlaugh

Peter - Cheers mateyes

Jim - A couple of final surprises and then we will be ready for paintingwink

John - It's on my snag list. I need to put a bracket around the spade with a couple of rivets. Hopefully that will bend the shovel into place. Thanks for looking out for me. I need all the help I can getface 20yes

Can anyone point me in the direction of a detailed blog on how to paint metal damage ie what colours to use. In relation to the shrapnel damage on the shield. Many thanks in advance

Thread: RAF 100 Spitfire Float Plane (RAF100GB)
13/01/2018 19:20:26

Nick

Dont put yourself down. Your build looks fine. Looking forward to watching your progress. It will be a great addition to the RAFGB

Steve

13/01/2018 17:17:31

img_0022.jpg

img_0023.jpg

img_0024.jpg

img_0025.jpg

img_0026.jpg

img_0027.jpg

Thanks for all the support guys and have a great weekend modellingyes

Steve

bundesarchiv_bild_101i-280-1058-14,_russland,_halbkettenfahrzeug_mit_7,5cm_pak.jpg

13/01/2018 17:17:15

The shovel was hacked to pieces and replaced with PE parts and a couple of rivets

img_0015.jpg

img_0016.jpg

Then it was set into place with PE parts for the light mounting

img_0017.jpg

The infamous PE part for the hinge operation will be attached here on the back

img_0018.jpg

I turned my attention to the wheels. I have struggled to find any pictures of the early PAK40 wheels but I assume they would have had the bolt rings on them so I attached these from the AFV original ones

img_0012.jpg

Then a highly detailed internal workings section were added to the wheels which went together lovely

img_0019.jpg

That's the major construction done. I was left with some nice extras including tools and a sight mechanism

img_0021.jpg

I have added some finished pictures even though there is still a few details to add. Not to mention the tarp and muzzle cover

13/01/2018 17:16:43

If you follow the instructions carefully there are no real issues. The coupling bar across the two legs was not a good fix as the replacement PE part was not large enough

img_0011.jpg

So I took the pin off and added a replacement styrene sheet bracket. I then added another pin and it looks a lot better

img_0020.jpg

I will say now that this build is filthy. It has not been the cleanest of builds and it will need a lot of sanding and wire wooling before painting so apologiesblush

Then the arms/legs were attached

img_0014.jpg

I then turned my attention the front flaps. They will be going at a right angle whilst in travel. There are fixings for a shovel on both sides of the plate. However I cannot find any reference to there being two shovels on the plate at the same time. So I have chosen to add mine to the front. Whereas this one is at the back which would disappear when the flap is put back down (Picture2)

bundesarchiv_bild_101i-297-1701-14,_nachschub_per_eisenbahn,_5-cm_pak_38.jpg

bundesarchiv_bild_101i-304-0614-37a,_italien,_soldaten_an_pak_in_ortschaft.jpg

13/01/2018 17:16:00

Hi Everyone

JR - You really do have a lot of storage at your place!laugh

Peter - Painting will start soon so you might enjoy that a little moreyeswinksmiley

Jim - They are indeed poles apart. Matron where are my pills?face 20

Sjors/Scottie - Glad you like it guysbeer

JohnH - laughface 20. PE is probably a stairway to hell rather than heavensmiley

Mike - Terrific work on the hook. I still havnt found a picture of it in a museum piece or a B&W photo. However I do have a couple of references to its existence. There is a photo later showing its placement. Many thanks for all the info. Great stuffbeer

Mr T - I never had an issue with bending the wire. It was getting the horizontal length correct and this tool takes the guess work out.yesbeer

I didnt know I had to use the pewter sheet. I thought I was just supposed to have it in my model room and look at it now and again like JR does.face 20. Still trying to get into the habit of changing and improving kit parts. Hopefully I too will be a pewter user like you soon Master Yodayeslaugh

Section 11 was large for the addition of just a couple of parts

img_0013.jpg

Thread: Mitches 200mm 54th Massachusetts Bust
13/01/2018 16:35:16

Peter

I like this one a lot. I do feel your bust work has come on leaps and bounds. Are there different techniques required to paint a bust compared to a figure?

Steve

Thread: Andy B's 1916 Somme Trenches
13/01/2018 16:33:50

Andrew

A wonderful piece of artwork. Is it for a museum or your own personal collection?

Steve

Thread: I say, you down there, we have a problem, any chance you can help us out?
12/01/2018 18:23:47

Ron

The guys have said it all. A wonderful build. Still working out which is the photo of the real subwink

Steve

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Hobbylink November 2
HLJ December
Parabellum
Expo Tools July 14
Kingkit
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for £3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest