By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Steve Jones 12

Here is a list of all the postings Steve Jones 12 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Revell PzKpfw III L...(SSGB17)
22/03/2017 20:25:29

Si

Well this one certainly tickles my fancy! A fantastic result on such a small scale. Certainly a top contender in the group build. Well done mate

Steve

Thread: Changing Color of Vinyl Tires?
22/03/2017 20:13:14

Dan

Scottie gave me this tip on my Funkwagen. Worked a treat with no paint issues or vinyl degrading at allyes

Steve

Thread: Did I hear someone say smoke generator?
22/03/2017 20:05:00

Paul

Talking of holidays. I am going to be in and around the Hurtgen Forest and Aachen in June. If there are any photos or stuff you might want me to pick up at the museums ref the USA crossings let me know

Steve

Thread: SSGB17 Braille Scale {ST}
22/03/2017 16:04:26

Mr T

Who said you cant teach an old dog new tricks!laugh Fantastic work on the soldering. A real tidy piece of work. I am glad its going well for you. Hope Dad is okayyes

Steve

Thread: New member to military modelling
22/03/2017 16:01:59

Ant

Welcome to the madhouse. A great bunch of guys of varying experience and talents who will help you if needed. Always an answer to any questions you might have. Good luck with the landrover. If you have a chance try and post some progress photos

Steve

Thread: Heavy Metal in Tunisia: A Tiger Story
22/03/2017 15:58:28

Christos

I had fun and games just attaching the Rye filters let alone a resin set!laugh. Not to sure about your comment around the tow cables. Did you say the ones in the kit were the wrong size or that you didnt receive any?. I actually replaced them with thinner ones like yourself. The tracks are an absolute joy. By far the best racks I have ever had. I added a dab of glue to each pin but its up to you. Dont forget different pins for each sideyeswink

Steve

Thread: Humber Mk. IV Tamiya 1/48 gallery
21/03/2017 20:04:54

Mateusz

Outstanding work my friend. Its good of you to post it on MilliMods. It would be nice to see some more of your work and details on how you came about a fantastic finish

Steve

Thread: How long is yours?
21/03/2017 20:01:47

Ditto Johnlaugh

Thread: 1/15TH BUST
21/03/2017 15:19:36

Mike

Another outstanding bust. Very good colouring and your model face is better than the one on the box. Well done sir

Steve

Thread: Did I hear someone say smoke generator?
21/03/2017 15:17:55

Paul

You still keep producing such fine work with such a lot of detail. What's the overall picture looking like as far as the dio goes?

Steve

Thread: Soviet Aerosan NKL-16/41 (SSGB17)
21/03/2017 15:14:54

JIm

WOW,WOW, and thrice WOW!!! I have enjoyed watching this build from the start. Its been an absolute joy watching it come together. Along with Grandfathering duties you have done well to complete this masterpiece. Thanks for sharing it with us. The finish look is just outstanding. Go and have yourself a well earned wet oneyesbeer

Steve

Thread: 120mm Figure Recycling -an Ongoing Project.
20/03/2017 20:52:54

Peter

Slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow down mate My senses cant handle this barrage of loveliness. Great work on the Partisan. Looking forward to the Jap pilot. Tora Tora Tora!!

Steve

Thread: Running with the Devil (SSGB17)
20/03/2017 16:02:38

Mr Smith

Its not only the BD's its the DB's as wellface 20. I must say I really do like this build a lot!!. Its one of my favourites in a long time. Please dont rush it for the sake of the GB. It will be an absolute joy to see it once done. How are the figures coming along?

Steve

Thread: Tiger ll {PS}
19/03/2017 20:21:30

Sorry to interject Scottie but I have been looking into this all day for my AAGB build. Emmanuel Nouaillier is a great exponent of foam board (Scottie taught him all he knowslaugh) This link will be a great help to you Andy

**LINK**

The section you want is photo 8 and 9. Good luck

Steve

Thread: Panther ausf. G 1/72 (SSGB17)
19/03/2017 16:39:30

Sjors

Looking gooooooooooooood mate! With a little more work and on the tracks this will all be finished in time for the deadline. Well done mate

Steve

Thread: Tiger ll {PS}
19/03/2017 15:42:30

Scottie

The only real advice I can give is to put a roof on. Its probably why all the doors are starting to rotface 20

Seriously though this is an outstanding base. The work on the building is fab. Together with the Tiger this is going to be another Scottie special. Well done mate

Steve

Thread: DRAGON Panzer IV Ausf D DAK Tropical Version
19/03/2017 14:15:23

Hi Everyone

Simon - The highest I got was 3x magnification. Would it be worth acquiring a 5x lens? I wear glasses as I cant see far away. I model without them as I am okay with close work.

Scottie - More detailing coming up my friendwink

Peter - I am amazed you do your figure work without magnification. Have you ever tried any magnification aids?

John - Its been close to being stopped but I am doing small stages. That's why its taking so long

Mr Smith!! - How the devil are you sir? Thanks for the support. Now dive dive dive! You only have two weeks to get that awesome sub of yours finished. Also we need to have a chat about the Plymouth model show at the end of April so we can meet up for a few beerswink

I have committed the cardinal sin of preparing for the next group build before finishing these builds. So I have only a small update this weekend.

I have started on the tools. The Tamiya kit has no PE and the fixings arnt brilliant on their tools. I am going through each tool and seeing if I can improve them with PE or better moulded tools.

For example the spanner needed its clamps replaced. I compared the PE I was using for the Dragon spanner and used a PE piece from the spares box. I scored bend marks in the same place to create the same looking fixing

img_5569.jpg

Then the Tamiya part had its clamps removed

img_5571.jpg

A couple of wing nuts were added and the piece was put in place. You can also see I replaced the barrel cleaner for a more detailed one from the spares box. As I had no clamps for this in the PE spares it was left as

img_5572.jpg

Only another 43 clamps to gocrook

Thanks for all the support

Steve

414-burning.jpg

(For discussion purposes only)

Thread: 2017 Small Scale Group Build (SSGB17)
19/03/2017 13:58:47

Fernando

A fantastic recipe for getting the mojo going. Luv it! Well done mate. Good luck with the Star Wars Starfighter

Steve

Thread: This great forum
19/03/2017 13:47:10

JR

We had to take up the slack of Smithy and Mort not bothering to comment any more didnt we mate?face 20laugh

Steve

19/03/2017 11:14:49

Hello JR

I was told the site had gone rapidly down hill since we joined back in 2015 mate.face 20. The only success story mate is that we dragged everyone down to our level!laughface 20

Seriously though my friend your words are very true. Great friendships and comradery have been forged over the last 18 months. True acts of kindness experienced that reinstate my faith in human nature. Long may it continue

Steve

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Kingkit
HLJ Feb 2017
Casemate
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
HLJ Mar 2017
Parabellum
Battlegate
Howmans Books 2017
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest