By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Chris Camfield

Here is a list of all the postings Chris Camfield has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Latest Acquisitions 2017
07/12/2017 20:16:42

Pete, are you making Max's interceptor?!?

I have watched Fury Road more times than anything else released in the past 10 years...

Thread: Another shop to close
01/12/2017 12:37:27

That's a terrible shame, Simon. Rent is definitely something to be considered - it's why the only model shops in my city are in an eastern and much less fancy district.

Too bad he couldn't keep on in a different location. 

Edited By Chris Camfield on 01/12/2017 12:37:41

Thread: The Unofficial Group Builds for 2018
30/11/2017 22:22:36
I'm planning a series of 64 vignettes showing various stages of the narrative of Hoffnung's "The Bricklayer's Lament"...
30/11/2017 22:20:23
I think someone needs their head examined...

Where is a phrenologist when you need one?!?
Thread: Chennault's Tiger
30/11/2017 00:26:04
Just gorgeous, Rick. You should be pleased with your work
24/11/2017 19:54:05

Had a package notification yesterday and I could NOT remember what it was for! ... A small tool for small scratch building. Note the dimensions!

The mm measurements at the corner go right to the corner which might not be good (prone to damage) if it wasn't made of metal.

Thread: Spots on the Net (previously Facebook)
13/11/2017 15:19:56

Very much on the small-scale production end - 1/48 resin - can you guess what this conversion kit is for? I'm just tickled pink that Mike Belcher has finally made it! I thought this was a dead project. I hope I can pick mine up from him this week and save on postage.

It is a conversion of the Tamiya Cromwell to the postwar Charioteer tank destroyer! Really nifty.

Thread: Best paint for brush work
11/11/2017 22:13:36

Paging Peter Day... Peter Day to the painting forum!

(I use Vallejo Model paint with a bit of airbrush thinner, but I don't have wide knowledge.)

Thread: Scale Model World, Telford
11/11/2017 22:08:07
Posted by jimbo on 11/11/2017 18:11:12:

Just back home. Seemed to be even busier than usual. Some real eye candy around. Met quite a few MilMod members and enjoyed a chat and a laugh. As usual the car parking was a $*&£(*7!!!!! angry 2 The Telford Centre car park was full by 9.30! Got what I wanted and also a load of stuff I didn't even know I needed until I saw it face 20

Sounds like a great day, and a promising one for the hobby, jimbo!

Hope to see pics of your haul shortly

Thread: Sorry for my lack of input recently
09/11/2017 12:39:41

Hi Bobby,

I feel like anything I can say would be inadequate, but I know you loved Teddy and I'm really sorry for your loss.

Chris

Thread: Caption Competition
09/11/2017 12:32:20

Two Russian Army soldiers have fun during recess in their new playground.

Edited By Chris Camfield on 09/11/2017 12:32:37

Thread: Spots on the Net (previously Facebook)
08/11/2017 17:31:26

I think post-WW2, but other than that, I don't know.

Thread: Beginner's blog: Matilda II
08/11/2017 12:38:58
Hi Steve, you're most welcome! I read Tramp and other books by Forbes in the 1980s and that's how the author's name stuck with me.

Chris
08/11/2017 04:04:35

John, Richard, thank you for your encouragement!

No progress today, just left some 0.5mm strips to straighten. Will post again when I have more progress to show.

Thread: Caption Competition
08/11/2017 01:59:19

Thread: Hello
07/11/2017 14:59:53

Welcome, Ronnie! Tell us more about yourself!

Thread: Beginner's blog: Matilda II
07/11/2017 12:20:19

Thanks Jim, good idea

07/11/2017 03:16:56

An author named Alain de Botton said a few years ago:

"Work begins when the fear of doing nothing at all finally trumps the terror of doing it badly."

And on that note I have FINALLY, after MONTHS of procrastinating, gotten back to work on this rear rack for my Matilda.

I was also helped by looking at a couple of photos, one in a Cruiser tank book which I just had overlooked before, and one from a copy of Bryan Perrett's The Matilda which I have just acquired:

pic.jpg

And here is my current state of work - just plunging in and trying to build it from the bottom up, rather than hemming and hawing and trying to build L shaped pieces first and getting frustrated because of how difficult they are to line up, and oh that nice piece I made is now curved, was that the cement?

frame.jpg

The bottom of the frame that you see there, with one side piece, is currently stuck to the underside of this lid due to using cement. I hope I'll be able to get it off at an appropriate point in the construction!

I have made some sketches of my best reconstruction of the sides and the two separators for the rack:

plan.jpg

I have even differentiated between where the bars will be 0.5mm wide and where they will be thicker (a whopping 0.75mm wide).

HOWEVER, I have now just run into a problem. All of the strips in my pack of 0.5mm styrene strips have become curved. I'm not sure if that's how they actually came or if there is a good way to straighten them. Any tips?

Edited By Chris Camfield on 07/11/2017 03:20:01

31/10/2017 01:03:29

Andy that is a wonderful selection of planes!

Thread: Witness me!!
31/10/2017 01:01:15

SHINY AND CHROME!!!

This is an impressive and crazy build. The wheels are inspired!

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Parabellum
Kingkit
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
HLJ December
Expo Tools July 14
Hobbylink November 2
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest