By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Peter Low 3

Here is a list of all the postings Peter Low 3 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Sit Rep
13/12/2017 11:08:32

Simon,

Sorry to hear about your eyesight I hope all goes well in the further for you hope you have a speedy recovery.

Pete

Thread: M-32 Recovery Vehicle (EngGB17)
12/12/2017 13:59:54
Posted by SprueOne on 12/12/2017 02:39:21:

Hi Pete,

I read the sentence in your post that read, All my models are hand painted. I was just wondering if that is what you meant by that. I've painted a couple tanks with a sable brush after only spraying a primer coat.

Hi Bob, I can't use airbrushes or aerosols can's to spray because I have severe emphysema (stage 3 gold) so I prime, base coat, detail painting, gloss & matt, washes, filters, oil's are all done by paint brush.

Pete sad

Thread: 2 StuGs and a Sturm-Infanteriegeschz 33 B 1942/3 Stalingrad (JR )
11/12/2017 19:55:51

Hi John great work, I love the window frame and the broken glass 10/10 from me, keep it up.

Pete thumbs up

11/12/2017 19:48:49
Posted by John Race on 10/12/2017 20:47:28:

Pete.

The guys are right , stunningstarstarstarstarstar great job, just proves you don't need an air brush when you can paint like that .

John

Thank you John much appreciated I'm glad you like, I just wish I had more confidence in my painting.

Pete indecision

Thread: What a Schlepper
11/12/2017 19:38:07

Hi John nice clean build looks great I'll tag along if you don't mind I've got this on my Xmas list, good luck with the rest of the build.

Pete thumbs up

Thread: LAV-R (EngGB17) {ST}
11/12/2017 19:29:34

Hi Simon great work the attention to detail is excellent keep up the good work.

Pete

Thread: "The Peacemaker" Ripsaw-EV1
11/12/2017 19:18:36

Hi I've been cutting even more off as you can see, I'm going my version of the "Peacemaker Mk2" if I may, I'm fitting the engine in the front as normal and I'm going to have to make my own tracks

I've cut out the lower rear window panel most of the boot plus fuel tank, shortend the rear light panels, narrowed the floor pans, removed parcel shelf, cut the off the front chassis rails to put in a 25mm section.

Thank you for looking in

Pete kulou
10/12/2017 19:40:46

Hi Scottie, Fernando and Bob thank you very much indeed, Bob not really sure what you mean ?frown

Pete

10/12/2017 14:25:17
Posted by Steve Jones 12 on 10/12/2017 09:08:46:

Pete

Another stunning hand painted build! What did you use at the end to take off the gloss look because it really looks the business now? You must be very pleased with the final look. Well done sir

Steve

Cheers Steve much appreciated I don't know about stunning embarrassed that's a word for the top boys on here.

Pete thumbs up

Thread: Pete's Sturmtiger
10/12/2017 14:18:18

Thank you Jim ,Ron, Jhon H,Steve very kind of you. As for the camo colour scheme yes I'm going to try the disc pattern, which I've never even tried before

Got the primer on the body. wheels, tracks.

This is what I'm aimimg at.
Sturmtiger, Reichswald
Image result for sturmtiger with disc camo

A rare colour photo
Related image
For discussion purposes only

Thank you for passing by.

Pete
09/12/2017 17:17:48
Posted by Ron Lebert on 09/12/2017 16:48:07:

Very nice Pete. Like your steel block jig! You added the interior but your hatches are closed in the shots. Do you plan to open them, is there enough detail to show?

Ronnerd

Hi Ron thank you with the hatches open you can't see any of the detail which is a shame becuse there is plenty to see sad Glad you like the gluing/drilling jig I've only just made

The parts

The finish gluing jig

Pete thumbs up
09/12/2017 16:03:55

Hi small update

Assembled the crane and made up lifting cable

Thined down exhaust shields & fitted

Added missing bolt heads

All ready for paint

Thank you for looking in

Pete

08/12/2017 18:31:46

Just some reference pictures

Image result for the peacemaker mad max fury road
Image result for the peacemaker mad max fury road
Peacemaker from Mad Max Fury road 3D Model OBJ STL SLDPRT SLDASM SLDDRW IGE IGS?

For discussion purposes only.

Pete kulou
08/12/2017 18:15:12
Posted by colin bruce 1 on 08/12/2017 15:39:17:

Looks to be a challenge indeed! I'm all in!

Colin

Hi Colin you are most welcome, just a bit to do all I can do is try and see what happens.

Petewink 2

08/12/2017 17:59:37

Hi calling this one done, thank you everyone took the time to have a look.

All my models are hand painted

Thank you again i hope you like it.

Pete frown

Thread: Pete's Sturmtiger
08/12/2017 15:10:32

Hi finish off the tracks

Added the engine grills

Added some missing welds
Added 4 welds to the barrel counterweight

You can just see them
Related image
For discussion purposes only

Thank you for looking in.
Pete
08/12/2017 14:30:11

I started with the body marking out what to cut out/off

The weapons of mass destruction

Thank you you for looking in

Pete
08/12/2017 14:22:55

The Peacemaker

The Ripsaw's body is of a mid-70's Chrysler Valiant Charger stretched and modified to fit over the tank chassis. Leftover Cessna sections are bolted up front, the grille is filled with bullet 'teeth'. There is a hole in the roof which allows for The Bullet Farmer to to sit atop and operate the searchlight. There is also space for his two henchmen in the back. The driver of the vehicle sits in the engine bay of the Valiant Charger shell. The driver had to be buried deep inside the vehicle which made it very difficult to see anything except straight ahead. The tracks had to be covered to protect the driver from the sand and dirt.

Originally the Ripsaw came with a watercooled Merlin V8 engine. Upon arriving in Australia the vehicle was tested on a 1km track, but the engine overheated and the brakes caught on fire. The exhaust pipes were 6 inches long which made the engine extremely loud even with hearing protection on

Two radiators were installed in parallel either side of the motor so the water only flowed through the radiator with the least resistance. Proper exhaust system was installed in Villawood. Additionally single cooling fans and computer cooling fans were installed on the the transmission cooler.

The movie's main mechanic - Mark McKinley - tackled the braking system. As it turned out the brakes gave 100lb of pressure all the time which made the vehicle take off 'like a boat', but the reason they initially caught on fire was a 10k ohm potentiometer on the steering wheel and the brakes pedal.

Eventually he tamed the beast with adjustable pressure valves in the hydraulic lines so it would not drag its brakes any more. Not only the brakes were rewired but the air filters were replaced and additional 3rd radiator was installed in the back.

During testing in Broken Hill the vehicle was not responsive enough and it also swallowed a lot of sand. Due to dirt getting past the air filters the engine was damaged and cylinders had to be re-honed. Also during testing the track guild wheel was lost which went into the track and bent the differential. After replacing the wheel, straightening the differential and removing the track assemblies the team discovered that they were half welded only the exposed sections. That issue had to be fixed at Alexandria.

After testing the vehicle was shipped to Namibia where the engine was again replaced. The Merlin V8 swallowed a lot of sand and it had to be replaced with a smaller 502 Chevrolet engine. An electric water pump was installed, Ford Falcon's single core radiators and Falcon double fans as well as EWS water pump fan controller. A secondary battery was added along with Anderson plug. The vehicle was fitted with new tracks which only lasted a month before they broke. The cost of tracks was estimated at USD 18,000.00. A special diesel bath was made to try and keep the salt out of the tracks.

The kit & some of the parts

Thank you for looking in

Pete

Thread: Latest Acquisitions 2017
07/12/2017 20:54:03
Posted by Chris Camfield on 07/12/2017 20:16:42:

Pete, are you making Max's interceptor?!?

I have watched Fury Road more times than anything else released in the past 10 years...

Hi Chris not the interceptor. I got the idea to build something from "Tony C" build Witness me!!.I'm going to try and build "The Bullet Farmers Peacemarker from Mad Max Fury Road" the Dogge Charger is the closest to the Valiant Charger plus a lot of scrach building.

Petewink

Related image

07/12/2017 18:04:01

Hi, onto the weathering (Sorry for my absernce been in hospital for the last 10 dayys "again" but gettng there siowly)

All my models are hand painted

ImageImage

Thank you for looking

Pete wink

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
HLJ December
Kingkit
Parabellum
Expo Tools July 14
Hobbylink November 2
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest