By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Andy Claesens

Here is a list of all the postings Andy Claesens has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: 2017 Biplane Group Build
25/06/2017 19:44:47

Ah John, Gotcha! Showing all the stern resolve of a jellyfish eh?smile pface 20 That will be a grand entry.

Dave always welcome. (F-86 is looking great btw).thumbs up

Andybeer

25/06/2017 19:30:17

What Oh Chaps,

Dave a great selection there. My hat will be well and truly off if you go down the 1/72nd route for this one.

John, I understand your constructional issues at the moment so we'll be happy to see you in the Mess in between updates. Maybe an An-2 Colt might lure you in...

Andybeer

Thread: "Achtung! Aircraft spotted - Battle Stations!" (AAGB17)
25/06/2017 17:14:32

Ron!smile o

OUTSTANDING as alwaysstarstarstarstarstar. You bring a unique element to these GBs that is brilliant. Jim's right you are a real artist.

Absolutely love it!love

Andybeer

Thread: 2017 Biplane Group Build
25/06/2017 17:02:16

I have thought long and hard about my entry for this as I've mentioned that my record with Biplanes has not been great.

Thinking back I do recall some old Airfix Gypsy Moths and Swordfishes but little else.

So my main entry will be this, which I acqured from a mate about a month or so ago. All talk of it seems to be highly positive as a kit so I hope I can do it justice. Tamiya's 1/48th Fairey Swordfish Mk. 1.

tam swordfish boxart.jpg

Additionally I think it about time I finished another stumbled build too so concurrently I'll be aiming to nudge this one out of the "Hangar of Hesitation" and get it finished

ed brisfit boxart.jpg

Heres how far it has got so far.

ed brisfit primed (3).jpg

Best of luck everyone, Hope you all get involved and enjoy the wind in your hair.

Tally Ho!

Andybeer

25/06/2017 16:49:50

Good aftenoon Chaps,

Circumstances at work have meant me having to begin this thread a week early so please don't feel overwhelmed at suddenly having to start another GB while the last one is still running. The response to AAGB17 was very encouraging and the builds extremely impressive and I hope that the next one will be of similar interest.

So, welcome to our third Group Build of 2017. Selected from the list of subjects polled at the beginning of the year this one will be focused on a subject matter that is a rarer sight in Military Modelling and one that will no doubt push many of us beyond our comfort zones. Our third GB will be Biplanes!

Similar to our previous GBs this year there is a lot of flexibility as to what you choose to do. Subjects can be any scale and any era up to and including modern sport Biplanes if you so wish. Also Triplanes and any other weird and wonderful multi-winged contraption from the early days of aviation if you're feeling brave Starter vehicles and ground support equipment and figures will all be welcome and dioramas too.

As we have previously, I am happy for us to include already started builds if you want to use this as a nudge to get them finished here, or it can be a project that you plan to start and finish in the three months as normal.

The idea as always is to be as inclusive as we can so don't be afraid to join in if you are a newer modeller. And to those of you out there with lots of experience, please feel free to share that knowledge and expertise. Above all else i'd like to encourage the sort of good natured banter we have seen so far and making sure it stays fun along the way. The nature of this sublect matter may stress a few of us out but let's give it a go and push a few boundaries. I myself can't remember the last Biplane I finished, if everdont know.

I am pleased to say that our first two GBs have been very successful and that is down to the enthusiasm shown by everyone. As usual you can update everyone with your progress here and if you decide to start your own thread to blog your project that's great as well. All I would ask is that you include the following (BiplaneGB17) in your thread title so that they can be found easily in a search. If you forget, no dramas, let me know and I will edit it appropriately.

If you have any issues or questions about the GB along the way please ask away or PM me.

So we'll run this from 1st July (although I am likely to be conspicuous by my absence until 10 July) through to the 30th September and at the end of the GB we'll look at putting together an article with a gallery of completed builds. Pictures of the completed builds can go in the Album that I've created specially for the GB.

So, white scarves at the ready, goggles on, chocs away and Tally Bally Ho!

Andybeer

Thread: 1/72 Zvezda British Bofors 40mm AA gun (AAGB17)
25/06/2017 12:04:52

Jim,

That is fantastic.starstarstarstarstar Very well done. A basic and really natural detail that I like is the fallen sandbag in the emplacement. Simple things like that lift the whole thingthumbs up. Everything ties together very well and once again you've produced a great scene that defy's the fact that this is only 1/72nd in size.

Another one to be proud of.thumbs up

Andybeer

Thread: 2017 Anti Aircraft Group Build (AAGB17)
24/06/2017 09:43:08

Cheers John,

Just to let everyone know, due to my absence for the first week of the Biplane GB, I am going to launch the thread for it tomorrow.

Keep up the good work everyone.thumbs up

Andybeer

24/06/2017 09:36:31

Good morning chaps,

I've had a pig of a week, sucombing to a viral, flu type thing that has had me sent home from work, laid out all week, temperature all over the place and turning into a snot monster coughing up my lungs.face 21face 3face 24

Still not over it but I managed to get back into work yesterday, and now preparing for two weeks away.

You are all producing some fantastic stuff and it is good to see so many of you gettng close to the finish line. A welcome to Lee as well; Skates on old beanwink 2 Still got nearly a week so best of luck.

Now, on to the LAV-AD. I actually finished this last week but word of caution here... being flu-ridden caused loss of concentration and I have actually dropped this three times during the final weathering of the wheels.angry 2crying 2 The first time bent and then snapped off the driver's wire cutter, the second took out the light clusters and the final time bent one of the turret aerials. This sapped my enthusiasm somewhat, but I stuck with it and all damages were rectified.face 23

So then, here be pictures. May I present, Trumpeters USMC LAV-AD finished at last...

trump lav-ad finished (8).jpg

trump lav-ad finished (13).jpg

trump lav-ad finished (24).jpg

trump lav-ad finished (14).jpg

trump lav-ad finished (22).jpg

trump lav-ad finished (19).jpg

Andybeer

PS - Dont't forget to get your photos in the AAGB17 albumteeth 2

Thread: Trumpeter 1/35th LAV-AD (AAGB17)
23/06/2017 20:37:12

Good evening Gents, hope all are well.

I've had apig of a week, sucombing to a viral, flu type thing that has had me sent home from work, laid out all week, temperature all over the place and turning into a snot monster coughing up my lungs.face 21face 3face 24

Strill not over it but I managed to get back into work today.

Firstly, Mick, Fernando and Steve, Thanks for the kind words and final pictures will follow. I actually finished this last week but word of caution here being flu-ridden caused loss of concentration and I have actually dropped this three times during the final weathering of the wheels.angry 2crying 2 The first time bent and then snapped off the driver's wire cutter, the second took out the light clusters and the final time bent one of the turret aerials. This sapped my enthusiasm somewhat, but I stuck with it and all damages were rectified.face 23

So then, here be pictures. May I present, Trumpeters USMC LAV-AD...

trump lav-ad finished (8).jpg

trump lav-ad finished (13).jpg

trump lav-ad finished (24).jpg

trump lav-ad finished (14).jpg

trump lav-ad finished (22).jpg

trump lav-ad finished (19).jpg

Thanks to all for following. I'll be putting more photos into the LAV Piranha Project album.

Andybeer

Thread: TML 1/35 AMX-30B2 Brenus
23/06/2017 20:05:58

Gary,

Good to see you posting again.

Fantastic result too. That looks great.thumbs upstar

Andybeer

Thread: Destroyed Egyptian T-62
23/06/2017 20:04:42

Wouter, that looks superb!thumbs upstar

Extremely nice representation.

Andybeer

Thread: Group Build
23/06/2017 20:03:37

Lee,

Of course you can mate. All are welcome. As Dave says, 6-7 days left so if you'rew going to go for it... Finger out!smile p

Looking forward to seeing what you've been up to.

Andybeer

Thread: F86 Sabre
19/06/2017 20:14:43

Superb progress Dave.thumbs up

Fernando has hit the nail squarely. A good strong white PVA glue will do the job for you too. It can also be run in to any gaps with a toothpick and smoothed with a wet fingertip or cotton bud.. I've found canopy gaps in the past and shimmed them with thin plasticard.

Although I don't tend to do it because I like nice clean lines generally, it is nice to see the slats and airbrakes deployed. Adds a bit of interest.thumbs up

Nice start with the priming. Best of luck with your finish coats.teeth 2

Andybeer

Thread: Tamiya Tomcat
19/06/2017 16:00:28

Alun,

I'll sit near the back as I'm dying of man flu but I'll edge closer as things progress. Great looking kit. Never built a Tomcat before so very keen to see how you get on.

Andybeer

Thread: 1:32 Trench Sections - Part 2
19/06/2017 10:26:45

Another superb base Andy,thumbs up

Some great pictures from your trip too.thumbs up

We returned to France in April and laid a wreath on my wife's Cousin's grave 100 years to the day after his death.

I know what you mean by the effect it has. Doing this for a living and then having the opportunity to study and educate others about the conflict, I still find the sheer scale of the numbers hard to comprehend.

We did a couple of Museums, several monuments and over twenty cemetery visits and I have loads of photos, but haven't felt quite able to post them as yet.

Keep up the good work.

Andybeer

Lest We Forget

Thread: 1/72 Zvezda British Bofors 40mm AA gun (AAGB17)
19/06/2017 10:09:11

Jim,

That is a fantastic little base you've created therethumbs up. Can't wait to see all the elements come together. This will be fabulous. Liking the spent shell cases too, mad as a fish!crookstar

Andybeer

Thread: Quarry Engineers (EngineerGB17)
19/06/2017 09:55:04

Looks like a magnificent set up Paul.thumbs up

Loving your enthusiasm, but don't forget, we've got the Bi-planes GB firstwink 2teeth 2

Andybeer

Thread: Has it really been TEN years!?!?!
15/06/2017 16:26:03

Mick, Fernando,

Many thanks Chapsteeth 2 I'll do my best Mick.wink 2

Andybeer

Thread: Tamiya 1/48 M10IIC Achilles - Beginner Modeller
15/06/2017 15:34:02

Brody,

Welcome to MilMod. The chaps have pretty much covered the photo malarkey but if you need any help then as previously said, just sing out.

We can't over emphasise the mantra here. This is supposed to be a fun hobby so treat it as such and you'll get the most out of it. The talent and experience from the membership here is vast so if you have questions about any aspect of what you'd like to do, you'll find answers from all sorts of directions.

Enjoy, and welcome to the madness....

Andytea.... (usually one of thesebeerbut you're too youngwink 2)

Thread: WWI trench
15/06/2017 15:21:35

Steven, really great stuff so far.

My only comment would be that your chicken wire mattresses should be stretched over the top of your bunks, not pinned underneath. Other than that, loving it.thumbs up

I'll dig out some pictures of the bunks we put in the Dugout at Halton.

Andybeer

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Kingkit
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
HLJ June 2017
Battlegate
Parabellum
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest