By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Andy Claesens

Here is a list of all the postings Andy Claesens has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: 2018 Group Builds (YES Really!)
19/10/2017 11:09:30

Thanks to everyone so far,thumbs up

Research into old GBs and calculations continue....

Andybeer

Thread: Spots on the Net (previously Facebook)
19/10/2017 10:43:49

That looks nice!

Yes Dave you are quite right. A long range, medium to high altitude SAM that's still in service despite being introduced in the 60s.

That will be high on the wish list.

Andybeer

Thread: Takom Tiger II
18/10/2017 16:04:50

Welcome to the MilMod Brotherhood John.

Quite an introduction!

I have always been fascinated by cutaway models since seeing some of the Tamiya cutaway photos in their catalogues.and this one looks fantastic so far. thumbs upstar

One of our older members Dick "Squiddley" Francis did some beautys that were mostly scratch built.. I think there are still some images on the site somewhere.

Keep it up, I'll watch with great interest.

Andybeer

Thread: Lorraine 37L by RMP towing PAK 40 by AFV Club (EngGB2017)
17/10/2017 14:50:32

Steve,

That is some amazing work you have going on there. Stunning stuff.thumbs upstar

Andybeer

Thread: Wrecker (EngGB17)
17/10/2017 14:32:27

Sjors,

That certainly looks like you will have your hands full. Brave stuff with the small scale etch. Best of luck.

Andybeer

Thread: EngGB17 1/48 tamiya GMC Dump Truck
17/10/2017 14:30:31

Looking great Lee,thumbs up

Rattled through that one at a fair old pace. looking forward to the paint.

Andybeer

Thread: IDF Chata"P (EngGB17)
17/10/2017 14:28:26

Mike,

Exceptional stuff all round but particularly like what you've done with the vision blocks!starthumbs up

Andybeer

Thread: Bruckenlegepanzer Biber (Bridge Laying Tank Beaver) - (EngGB17)
17/10/2017 14:23:58

Jim,

A very sound start and etch too. I have to take my hat off to you chaps who do etch in this scale. I've done some 1/72nd Aircraft etch but this is beyond me.

looking forward to more.

Andybeer

Thread: Miniart Caterpillar D7 U.S. armoured bulldozer (EngGB17)
17/10/2017 14:06:49

Fernando,

I've just caught up and am mightily impressed. A super job so far with some very intricate bits and pieces going on.

Well done

Andybeer

Thread: Centaur Dozer (EngGB17) {ST}
17/10/2017 13:59:01

Simon,

Good to see the Phoenix rising from the ashes. As the lads have said, you need to ensure you look after yourself. Running yourself into the ground won't help anyone.

All the best

Andybeer

Edited By Andy Claesens on 17/10/2017 13:59:23

17/10/2017 12:41:30

Good afternoon Chaps,

Cheers Steve, Don't mention it. I'm glad I can give a little back to the site that has almost sorted out the chaos of my moggelling past. No suggestions are off the table and some of yours were suggestions for last year so they can be put back into the 2018 voting mix for certain.thumbs up

Thanks Fernando, your thoughts on RAF100 mirror mine exactly. I'll be reviewing the GBs for the past few years and see what we've covered then we can put together a voting list next month.

Thanks for your thoughts Paul.

Thanks for that Dave, I fully understand your reasoning and I'm sure we can lay down some ground rules if the OOB gets chosen. And you are quite right about keeping it wide ranging. Then issues like all scales can be accommodated.

Hi Peter and thanks for your views. I'll keep reinforcing the idea that figures will be welcome regardless of the topic. I can think of very few subjects that would not include figures.

Hi Allen, JR is a decent chap, no doubt but you're just showing your age now with that reference, (and sparked of teenage memories of Pamlovewink 2..................) And back in the room again!face 20
Thanks for your thoughts and all your suggestions. As for what I do, no thanks required; All for the Moggelling Brotherhood.

Good to see you Alistair and thanks. Thoughts duly noted.

Sjors, cheers for your input. i'll be collating everyone's thoughts from this.

We all love you Johnwink 2

David, An interesting point that last one... Take a look at my Order from Chaos thread... That's been a cleansing experience.

Hi Scottie, thanks for that. That's very disciplined of you.

Cheers David, views noted.

Points noted John and I hope your fears are allayed as far as figures go. If there is a possible link to them then they're welcome as far as I'm concerned.

Always the perfectionist Simonface 20. Maybe we'll have to give you medical dispensation if that gets chosen. Dr's note stating that you are afflicted with a chronic case of AMS!

Thanks for that Marcello. I would endeavour to give as much free rein as possible.

Tim... there's always onesmile pface 20 You make a valid argument there. All duly noted and put into the mix.

Great minds Jimteeth 2

Ever the calming voice eh? Johnwink 2

Lee, Doesn't matter if you've been here 1 week, 1 year or ten years. If you're involved then you are earning your stripes and your right to have a say. If you've got any ideas throw them in.

Thanks all for your input to this.

Andybeer

17/10/2017 09:35:35

Chaps,

Thank you all for the lively debate. keep it coming and I will respond fully later on.

I will say one thing though, and hopefully this will reassure John and his fellow figure geniuses.

Figures will definitely fit in to the GBs even if it is not a dedicated figure GB. thumbs up

This year we have had, Small Scale, Anti Aircraft, Biplanes and now Engineering. As far as I am concerned figures would fit three out of four of them easily and in my opening preamble for their threads I have said that would be the case. In fact even in the preamble for Biplanes (here) I said figures would be welcome.

So Figure builders and painters, Don't be shy!teeth 2

More later

Andybeer

16/10/2017 14:57:07

Glad to see more views and I sense a bit of a consensus forming here....

I know some other websites use a programme of six months but that could seem like along time not involved if the subject is not quite to an individuals choosing. Hence a suggestion of four.

Mike, thanks for your thoughts. Historically I have usually thrown in one or two "Quick and Dirty OOB" builds each year but that has slipped in recent years. Liking Dave's suggestion a lot.

Durk, cheers for that. Back in 2010 we had an "Unfinished Builds" GB and that was popular so maybe it is time we had another similar one.

John, Now you're a master at rigging that will give you two options... RAF 100 and Unfinishedwink 2

Keep those thoughts coming.

Andybeer

16/10/2017 11:40:25

Guys,

Thanks for your initial thoughts. I'm going to let this thread run to the end of the month to try to get as wide a response as possible.

Alun, First in.teeth 2 I had a feeling that the extra month would be popular. No problem, I'm glad to and you do all make it easy and enjoyable.

John, I certainly know what you mean. I'll be interested to hear what Allen thinks too.wink 2

Dave, You are right of course about deadline slippage. But it is all for fun so as long as participation is encouraged, that's the main thing. Like the OOB suggestion as well.thumbs up

Jim, Glad you've enjoyed them this year.smile

in the meantime by all means offer up suggestions for topics if you have them. I am going to throw one in that is very close to my heart and that is for an "RAF 100" GB to commemorate our Centenary!teeth 2

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Andybeer

Thread: HobbyBoss AAVR-7A1 ( Eng. Gp. Build 2017)
16/10/2017 10:04:02

Ooooh nice. Been waiting for this one Dave.

Comfy chair drawn up.

Andybeer

16/10/2017 10:02:03

Good morning one and all,

I hope all the Brothers in the Mogelling Community are well and you have all had a great weekend wherever you are around the globe.

As the year wanes and we creep inexorably towards Christmas gift(Sorry chaps but it is coming and no doubt the usual ground rush will catch us all out), the question of next year’s Group Builds has surfaced.

I am starting this thread early to get some sage like thought from the important people on this site; you lot! teeth 2

Starting with some thanks, I’d like to express my gratitude at the lively involvement you have all put in to the 2017 GBs. They have been a great success and loads of fun. For me the Moderation task has been minimal thanks to the great spirit (as usual) that you all exhibit when we do these things.thumbs up

Now here is where I seek your opinion. As things stand we have run 4 GBs of three months each. Some fantastic models have been produced but I am aware that many (myself included) sometimes struggle to complete what they set out to achieve. No stigma to this, that’s just the way it happens.

So my first question to you all before I go any further about topics etc., is…

What would the membership’s appetite be for 3 GBs next year, each running for four monthsquestion

If we get some consensus on this then I’ll start the ball rolling for GB topic selection.

Moggle on chaps.

Andybeer

Thread: A 1/48th Little Fokker...(BiplaneGB17)
15/10/2017 15:02:26

Allen,

Simply Superb! Love the original presentation and very well executed too.thumbs upstar

Andybeer

Thread: Morning
15/10/2017 14:57:52

Good afternoon all,

Hope all is well with everyone. Lovely here hot although I haven't seen much of it as I'm up to my neck in the to do list and assisting my Eldest making a Laser rifle for Comicon in two weeks. If I'm lucky I'll get an hour or so at the bench later.

Grab your Mogelling time when you can lads.

Andybeer

Thread: No tusks and blubber (BiplaneGB17)
11/10/2017 22:34:58

Richard, that is looking outstanding!thumbs upstar

Lovely job on a real oldie.

Steve, I think it depends on the quality of the original decals. I've had some 30+years old that haveyellowed or looked fine and disolved in front of my eyes and others of similar age that have gone on beautifully.

Andybeer

Thread: Build of the Year?
11/10/2017 22:28:42

Smiles all round!

Well done chaps.thumbs up

Q E D

Andybeer

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Kingkit
Expo Tools July 14
Parabellum
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
HLJ Oct
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest