By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Andy Claesens

Here is a list of all the postings Andy Claesens has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Trumpeter 1/35th LAV-AD (AAGB17)
22/05/2017 15:06:05

Good afternoon chaps,

Life keeps overtaking the time at the bench but I hope to start the detail painting tonight.

Alistair, thanks very much. They were probably the most challenging addition to the build. Still not 100% accurate but far better than not having them there at all. I've actually been itching to get back to this project and the detail I've added to this has been a bit of a test bed for detailing the Cougar and the three Strykers that are sat awaiting primer.

cougar construction finished (8).jpg

afvc stryker family photo (1).jpg

So, "Stand by for action!"

Fernando, thanks for thatsmile

Cheers for that Scottie, more to come soon.

Steve, thanks. I'm going to take my time and not rush this one but I am conscious of only one month left in the GB. My aim is to 100% success in the GBs this year... fingers crossed.

Andybeer

Thread: (AAGB17) Sdkfz.7/1 quad Flak38 {ST}
22/05/2017 14:38:33

Need a new dictionary of superlatives.crook

Mad, just mad... whilst brilliant at the same time. Those springs are amazing.starstarstarstarstar

Andybeer

Thread: 1:32 Trench Sections - Part 2
22/05/2017 14:32:09

Hi mate,

Funnily enough my plans for an additional workshop in the back garden were morphing into the idea of a dugout... ( a proper man cave)

Originally the idea was poo-poo'd by OC 1 Home Div, but a family committee suggestion of creating a "Hobbit Hole" for communal craft use seems to be gathering legs. Me and my big mouth.... more digging.disgust

As for the cunning plans, under wraps for the moment while we scope out and negotiate our way through some legal and official questions.wink 2

Andybeer

Thread: Disappearance and Slight returns.. well trying tok
22/05/2017 11:13:11

Nick,

Hope the recovery goes well. I fully understand the life ganging up bit, it seems to catch us all at some stage. Don't let it get you stressed, take your time and things will settle back on an even keel. We'll all be here.

Andybeer

Thread: Book clearance 4
22/05/2017 10:41:28

Hi Kelvin,

PM sent.

Andybeer

Thread: How do you add a banner
22/05/2017 10:16:23

Richard,

PM sent.wink 2

Andybeer

22/05/2017 10:05:42

Cannot reinforce enough Andy, how great this is.

I fully understand the addiction, (for want of a better word) to this conflict. The subject matter becomes more and more intriguing the more you dig into it (pun unintentional).

Just be thankful you're doing it at 1/35th scale. Having run the Halton projects indoors and out, it was a wrench to walk away from it in recent months. (BUT there may be hope on the horizon). Life size is a monster yet we keep on doing it in one format or another and cunning plans for more digging are lurking in the ether.... It seemed I am destined to dig my own grave too!

The team of nutters I have working with me on this are all broken. Out of four of us (120yrs combined military service and 30yrs Police service) I think we would struggle to get one fully working body. Knees, backs, hips and ankles are all knackered, pints of blood and gallons of sweat spilt, yet we have thoroughly enjoyed doing what we did. A basic interest rapidly grew to a thirst for knowledge and an intense cameraderie in a project we all believe in.

Keep up the good work even when it is beginning to make you weary. We all think it is magic.

Andybeer

Oblivisci? Nunquam!

Edited By Andy Claesens on 22/05/2017 15:08:38

Thread: I'm going on Stryke...again!
20/05/2017 21:55:19

Superb job Alistair,thumbs upstar

Maybe I'll have to bite the bullet and get some slat armour for one of mine.

Keep up the good work.

Andybeer

Thread: M113 MTAB
19/05/2017 14:34:58

Ralph,

PM sent

Andybeer

Thread: KFS 1/24 Thunderbird SAGM
19/05/2017 14:20:50

A superb kit Howard, It looks brilliantthumbs up and I hope it is a success for you.

I've dropped some heavy hints to the family about Christmaswink 2

As a side comment trawling through your website, I still think that your Militant is one of the best looking kits available on the market in any scale. It just looks right.

Andybeer

19/05/2017 14:00:23

Hi Andy,

Links worked for me too so all is good.thumbs up Long may this stuff continue.

Andybeer

Thread: Hi from Canada
19/05/2017 10:32:53

Welcome to the Madhouse Steve,

You'll find we are a rag tag bunch here on MilMod. Some great modellers lurk here and as a friendly online club you'll find it hard to beat. There are some fantastic characters and warm and good natured banter along the way. If you have any questions as you get involved, please don't hesitate to ask and enjoy your time with us.

Andybeer

Thread: Dora 1/35
19/05/2017 10:21:20

Roger,

Simply amazing as always. This is mind boggling stuff to aspire to. thumbs upstar

Andybeer

Thread: 1/35 WWI Trench Scene
18/05/2017 14:06:43

Great work all round Kevin.thumbs up

The right buttock was one of the most frequently bayoneted parts of the body during large scale attacks. Just think about being one of the chaps you have climbing the ladders, how they are carrying their rifles... and what the likely outcome was if the idiot in front of you hesitated or stopped suddenlyface 21disgustcrying 2..... "Stretcher Bearer!!!"

Andybeer

Thread: Question for moderators
18/05/2017 13:59:40

Hi Andy,

Same answer from me I'm afraid. As a techie dullardface 22 this is beyond my experience or remit on the site, so Simon's recommendation to speak to Martyn is probably the best route to take.

Sorry I can't do more... and on behalf of the Mods, thanks for your kind words. we are lucky that generally the membership is a grown up gathering of enthusiasts so things aren't as difficult as I would imagine they could be on other sites.

Andybeer

Thread: The New Contemptables Society or the "D'you mind if we don'ts?"
17/05/2017 21:47:40

Thanks Robin,

It has been tough for us all and the closing of the bay door for that last time was horrible.

More very soon.

Andybeer

Thread: I'm going on Stryke...again!
17/05/2017 21:42:58

Alistair,

Loving it!!!thumbs upstar

Andybeer

Thread: The New Contemptables Society or the "D'you mind if we don'ts?"
17/05/2017 15:38:00

Good afternoon chaps,

After a few exchanges with Andy B, I felt that maybe the time has come to finally finish the tale of this mighty endeavour.

Sadly there is not a happy end to it as the "Old Workshops" where it is located was condemned last October and we had to evacuate all our books, artefacts and tools in a 48hr period. This we did but all the materials we had pillaged and the hard work, blood, sweat and tears that had gone into this behemoth are now all gathering dust and cobwebs and will not see the light of day until the bulldozers flatten the place.

The wind was completely knocked out of us and the combination of this and at the same time seeing the outdoor trenches decaying back to their natural state was almost too much to bear.

So, after nearly seven months later I will attempt to take you all through the project up to the point where we closed the doors for the last time. I will try to keep the tone as it was going through, highs and lows in morale, frustration at the nay-sayers and our own bloody-mindedness maintaining the effort to actually get things done.

It will take a a bit of time to get the photos uploaded but I'll make a start tonight.

For those of you who haven't been aware of this I would recommend going back to the start to set the context of this lunacy. Although the team grew a little, bear in mind this madness is the brainchild and result of two knackered old gits with a mutual desire to ensure that the sacrifice of 100 years ago is not forgotten....
"Oblivici? Nunquam!"

Andybeer

Thread: 1:32 Trench Sections
17/05/2017 14:42:52

Andy,

The wounds are healing over so I will revitalise the thread and start bringing it up to date.

Tried all your links and they work fine. Marvellous stuff.thumbs up

Andybeer

17/05/2017 10:59:32

Andy,

Thanks for that. It was a real blow to lose the building crying 2angry 2sad and hence the indoor complex(especially in its 100th year and the fact that it had been built by German PoWs). We guestimate that we were approximately 2 months away from finishing but that's how it goes I suppose.

I have actually put together a photo book on Photobox, documenting the whole 2 and a half year process and I presented each of the team with a copy. With over 400 photos it is a massive record of what went on.

I'll have to look back on here as I think I started a thread about it but the goldfish memory is working against me. If I can't find it I could start one.

I regularly look back through this thread for inspirational nudges so an index of some sort would be great. It's never a chore though as the whole thread is filled with such great stuffthumbs upstar.

Andybeer

PS, I've got that link done for you. If you have any further issues with it I'll see if I can help.

Edited By Andy Claesens on 17/05/2017 11:02:37

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Parabellum
Battlegate
Kingkit
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
HLJ Mar 2017
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest