By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Andy Claesens

Here is a list of all the postings Andy Claesens has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: filling shallow mold marks
07/12/2017 16:21:42

Hi Joe,

I am a big fan of Tip-pex as a filling medium for small areas & joins. I have used it several times with pleasing results.

BMD-1P pre-primer (3)

Stage 4 - Correcting the fit  (4).JPG

The only thing I would say is that like any other medium you've not worked with before, it can take a couple of attempts to get comfortable using it.

My main advice would be exactly the same as paint, a couple of thin coats rather than one big thick one.

I've heard of the superglue /talc combination giving good results as well but not used it myself yet.

Hope that helps.

Andybeer

Thread: 1/24th Pz. II Ausf.F
25/11/2017 08:25:15

Count me in too John.

Good to see you building again.

Andybeer

Thread: RAF Tornado GR4
24/11/2017 14:40:10

Ian, you're as mad as a brush but love it!

That looks fantastic.thumbs up

Andybeer

Thread: Another invitation to fly with me, FW190 D9
24/11/2017 10:49:45

Bob,

Another one! Fantastic!teeth 2

Count me in. You've made a great start alreadythumbs up

Andybeer

Thread: Come fly with me and its not a Stug !!!
22/11/2017 13:01:03

Bob,

One of my favourites too and it's looking great so far. I recently acquired the Eduard Profi-pack A-5

Wing roots have often been my achilles heel too so a quick and easy fix which I picked up from our good old friend the Timster, is to use a cocktail stick to run in some PVA glue or Mikro Kristal Klear into the join and then wipe away any excess with a moistened cotton wool bud.

Keep fighting the good fight with it. Looking forward to more.

Andybeer

Thread: Bruckenlegepanzer Biber (Bridge Laying Tank Beaver) - (EngGB17)
22/11/2017 10:19:33

Jim,

I seem to be continually chasing my tail at the moment so I have been missing out an awful lot of good stuff recently.

Loving what you're doing with thisthumbs upstar, she's looking brilliant and the icy river idea sounds like a cracking one.

Andybeer

Thread: WW1 Mark IV tank
22/11/2017 10:15:06

Very nice Ianthumbs up, especially considering the size of it.

Andybeer

Thread: Skif BMP-3
18/11/2017 13:37:28

Thanks Si,

Hoping that this could lead to a few more commissions. I've now been tentatively asked about a few aircraft snd a Type 23 Frigate!

Andybeer

Thread: Tamiya 1/48 Heinkel He 162 Salamander
16/11/2017 12:49:24

That is looking very nice Davethumbs up

Andybeer

Thread: Skif BMP-3
16/11/2017 12:45:44

Thanks Jim,

Yes related to his "Area of Interest"wink 2 I've actually picked up two commissions off of the back of it.thumbs up

Andybeer

15/11/2017 22:09:01

Good evening chaps,

A work colleague is actually leaving the Army so discussions about a leaving gift led to me offering up a model relevant to what he's been looking at...

This one was selected from the collection and it will be presented to him next week. Hope you like how it's presented.

bmp-3 presentation (1).jpg

bmp-3 presentation (2).jpg

bmp-3 presentation (3).jpg

bmp-3 presentation (4).jpg

bmp-3 presentation (5).jpg

bmp-3 presentation (6).jpg

bmp-3 presentation (7).jpg

Andybeer

Thread: Can You Dig It??? (EngGB17)
13/11/2017 11:50:55

Allen,

Si Benson, posted this by mistake elsewhere, intending it for you... Hope you're feeling better btw. Andybeer

I heard your unwell!

So I’ve been out and got you a medical professional, antibacterial drink and special tabletslaugh

02517627-57c1-4513-8b63-2cfeb9e1456e.jpeg

Can I take this damn hat off yet?

Si

Thread: Thunderjet
09/11/2017 10:23:25

Dave,

I look away and you've got her together. That's looking very clean and smart so far.thumbs up

A decent Buccaneer would be great to see. I'm surprised Trumpeter haven't had a pop at it based on their line of Gannets and Lightnings from the same era.

Keep up the good work.

Andybeer

09/11/2017 10:15:37

Dave,

I look away and you've got her together. That's looking very clean and smart so far.thumbs up

A decent Buccaneer would be great to see. I'm surprised Trumpeter haven't had a pop at it based on their line of Gannets and Lightnings from the same era.

Keep up the good work.

Andybeer

09/11/2017 10:15:36

Dave,

Keep up the good work.

Andybeer

09/11/2017 10:15:35

Dave,

Keep up the good work.

Andybeer

07/11/2017 20:57:36

Got to ensure the troops are well looked afterteeth 2. G & T anyone?

Andybeer

Thread: LiftKing LK-67C ('The Beast')
07/11/2017 20:52:47

Count me in too Stevethumbs up

This is quite a monster!

Andybeer

07/11/2017 15:54:25

Oooh! Count me in Dave.

An interesting choice.

Andybeer

Thread: The Piranha Project - Insane Eight Wheeled Odyssey into the LAV & Stryker Family (AAGB17, EngGB17)
03/11/2017 06:23:17

trump lav-r stg 6 (3).jpgGood evening chaps,

Alistair, yes back on this again but the nurses keep removing my scalpels and cutters saying it is too dangerous to leave me with sharp thingscrook! I will admit that the suspension bits are almost becoming second nature now. Thanks for the support.thumbs up

Ahh Simon, Good show! Is it a Trumpeter one? Heard they are great little kits.

Hi Jim and thanks. Yes they are becoming more straight forward with each one I do in some ways, Hence getting the running gear sorted so quickly. In other areas though they bring new challenges. The representation of the tie downs on this one is not great. I'll have to replace them with wire.disgust

Sjors, Cheers for thatteeth 2

Onwards then...

trump lav-r inst stage 6.jpg

trump lav-r stg 6 (1).jpg

trump lav-r stg 6 (2).jpg

Andybeer

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
HLJ December
Kingkit
Parabellum
Expo Tools July 14
Hobbylink November 2
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest