By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Simon Hammerton

Here is a list of all the postings Simon Hammerton has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Armour collection.
25/05/2017 08:12:50
Nice looking model, and a well deserved award.

I have a couple of Trumpeter's USMC LAV's, these are very much of where Trumpeter was when they started in 1/35th armour, not awful but not brilliant either.

I received last week the Trumpeter BMP-3 w/Upgraded Armour, a quite superb model with lots going on and very indicative of what Trumpeter can do these days.

Simon
Thread: war on the homefront
25/05/2017 02:32:57
Hi Rick

I'm so sorry to hear about your Brother's condition, this is just a hobby but family is family.

I lost my whole family to cancer, if you want to chat you can easily reach me.

Simon
Thread: Tamiya Famo Sd Ah 116 trailer and DML Panzer 3
21/05/2017 23:56:12
I think you might have a balance problem when it's loaded though.

The positive of the handle looks absolutely spot-on, but that then assumes that what goes inside is equally well balanced. If it's not then the handle might not be long enough to allow you to counterbalance the whole thing.

I had a similarly problem with one of my old rifle cases; great when empty, but my long-range rifle had a heavily-weighted barrel throwing the balance towards the muzzle.

Simon
21/05/2017 13:50:02
That's nice.
Thread: Spots on Facebook
19/05/2017 09:10:06
It's good that they've included the tractor unit, before it was still expensive and you had to buy the towing vehicle.

Simon
Thread: Latest Acquisitions 2017
19/05/2017 08:24:46

From our esteemed colleague Brian O'Donoghue

106747-10263-pristine.jpg

This beastie came with a very nice CMK USMC figure set.

Also something new that Brian is creating.

20170518_172651-1.jpg

The plaque is aluminium, approximately 150mm x 28mm and would cost around £5.

Brian says that he can do plaques up to roughly A3 size.

Simon

Thread: Need to be careful.
19/05/2017 08:15:47

EBay's attitude towards pirated products is the main reason I won't use them.

The best deal isn't necessarily the cheapest, it's the one that gives you the elusive feelgood factor. It's not for everyone, but it works for me.

Simon

Thread: I'm going on Stryke...again!
18/05/2017 10:50:38

This is a lovely job

Strykers have always interested me, but I have never got any of the AFVC kits.

Having seen the new prices for the Stryker MGS on the Pocketbond site - nearly £60 - I wish I had.

Simon

Thread: Question for moderators
18/05/2017 10:47:00

The short answer is I don't know.

The longer answer says that it is worth messaging Martyn Chorlton who can ask the techies on your behalf, something that mere mortals like me can't do.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Simon

18/05/2017 08:11:20

After a somewhat protracted wait, this arrived yesterday.

1018617-10244-64-pristine.jpg

I must admit I have mixed views on Takom so far, some of their engineering choices have struck me as lazy and the report card had "must try harder" written on it.

But first looks suggest that this is their best kit to date.

Takom obviously have multiple variants planned as the construction has the floor pan and lower hull stopping at the bottom edge of the superstructure, this means sides and roof panelscan be easily produced to fit the floor pan.

There's a neat little jig that can be used to set the wheel axles nice and level, and the same jig is used to assemble the link and length tracks.

The instructions have a nice end fold which shows how the interior should be painted. Colours are by Ammo, so may or may not be accurate.

BTW Already Takom have shown the latest version of the 432 - the Bulldwith - with additional armour suites and heavily-shielded Mg position.

I haven't tried any of the parts out for fit yet, but it looks like it could be a quick build. I know one that's already been built in a weekend, which suggests that I might be correct.

Simon

Thread: Out of office
18/05/2017 07:53:36

Congratulations Sjors, and especially to your wife.

You might want to wait a few months before introducing your daughter to her first model.smiley

Simon

Thread: Vinyl Track Sag
18/05/2017 07:49:34

It's a technique that will work with most tracks, especially if warm water is added to the equation.

Simon

Thread: MENG 1/35 KING TIGER WITH INTERIOR WIP
17/05/2017 13:20:12
Going well

Simon
Thread: Photoshoot looking for Dioramas
16/05/2017 10:02:04

Are you based in Somerset?

If so you're in the middle of some prolific Model Clubs, who have members with just what you want.

Simon

Thread: Fumes from Tamiya extra thsi glue, any better glues out there
15/05/2017 20:43:43
Very good, hold their shape well, and the longer brushes are available in a packet of five as a separate item.

Simon
15/05/2017 19:11:07

Because of the slightly thicker viscosity I have stopped using all the other Polystyrene Cements that I used to use.

This picture gives you an idea of what Plastic Magic works on.

fb_img_1491124487970.jpg

15/05/2017 08:56:06

New formulation Plastic Magic has almost no odour at all.

Simon

Thread: New Panzer Crew figures from Tamiya
13/05/2017 12:50:25

I could be wrong but the top image looks similar to a propaganda shot of Wittman and Bobby Woll taken just before Wittman was killed.

Simon

Thread: New Releases from Diopark Models
13/05/2017 12:45:33

Diopark have been around for a few years now, they produced a couple of Mercedes 190s, the Vespa Scooter, and the Honda Super Cub, all in 35th.

These will be popular, especially the spare rocket sets because the pods are being made by a few companies, but nobody until now has done the reloads.

Simon

12/05/2017 22:18:35
A dealer friend has 90 being shipped over the weekend

Simon
Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Battlegate
Kingkit
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Parabellum
HLJ Mar 2017
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest