By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Scottie

Here is a list of all the postings Scottie has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: M26 Dragon wagon {PS}
23/02/2018 22:16:26

Hi Mike,

Just the satisfaction matelaugh​ Thanks for that I'm even more confused now that is another marking for the acetylene but it does show red, the oxygen looks the same. So will go with that.

Scottie

23/02/2018 19:19:15

Gary,

​Thanks I had come to the same conclusions so that's what I will go for, many thanks for your help mate. No doubt some smart arse will come along after the event and say what colours they were lol.

Scottie

23/02/2018 18:49:32

Mike~ Thanks mate. the winches are the next stage so looking forward to starting them. I will dig out my reference pics to see what tweaks if any I have to make.

​Gary~ Thanks fella it seems that red and green are the colours but it doesn't say which way round they are I will have to do a bot more digging.

Scottie

23/02/2018 17:49:32

Thanks to Dan for reminding me to fit the bump bars over the pioneer tools. I drilled two small dints, one in the wheel arch and one in the pioneer rack to locate the bar. Then used a bit of 0.7mm copper wire to fashion the bars. The front bumper has also been fitted.

dscf1329.jpg

​Most of the day has been working on sub assemblies like the winch drums. I have also completed the gas cylinders. I have drilled out the caps and removed the moulded straps and fitted the etch ones. Just a word of advice for anyone intending to build this the location brackets for the cylinders are shown in the eduard instruction as being fitted to the vehicle. This makes it virtually impossible to locate the straps in to the brackets. So I carefully took them off the truck and fitted them to the cylinders so I could line up the straps so it will be easy to then get everything to line up. Hopefully the pictures will illustrate what I mean.

​Does anyone know what the colours for these cylinders should be there are various colours being shown on the net or were they just painted OD like everything else?

dscf1332.jpg

​Thanks

Scottie

23/02/2018 17:35:07

John~ Thanks mate. The OD is the initial base I had to get on so I could continue with the assembly. The exhaust will be painted prior to fitting.

Scottie

Thread: What if?
23/02/2018 16:32:04

Nick,

A great selection of figures.

Scottie

23/02/2018 12:39:10

Dan~ Thanks mate PM sent.

Jim~ So glad your sticking with this and your continued support.

Peter~ Very kind of you mate.

​Joe~ It's good to see you about again. I'm happy that this build meets with your approval.

Scottie

Thread: M8 - HMC
23/02/2018 12:34:47

Joe,

That is a sweet looking build looking forward to the figures and the final scene what do you have in mind.

Scottie

22/02/2018 18:30:33

Sorry but another quick update.

the cab and chassis have now been married up. But before they were joined the cab received a top coat of olive drab.

​The pioneer tools basic colours have been blocked in ready for detailing later. I will spend the next couple of hours adding more detail to the cab and building sub assemblies. I must say that as always the fit of the cab is sublime typical Tamyia.

dscf1325.jpg

dscf1326.jpg

Next the exhaust stack was built The mesh around the pipe has been dented to show wear and tear, This will be painted and detailed before fitting.

dscf1328.jpg

​Next as pointed out by Dan I have to fit the metal protection bars that run from the front of the pioneer tool to the wheel arch.

Cheers

Scottie

22/02/2018 18:18:02

Mike~ Yes mate and gratefully received. Thanks for the kind words.

​NIck~ Glad to see you back in the fold mate. I am enjoying this build and your right it is big. Dig out the famo you know you want to.

Scottie

Thread: WW1 Mk 1 "Tadpole" (PL)
22/02/2018 18:12:17

Pete,

Some great additions with the floor. The painting looks spot on as well.

Scottie

22/02/2018 17:03:12

Peter~ Thanks mate, that is what I try to achieve so if it looks ok to you then i'm happy.

Andy~ Thanks mate from you that is a great compliment.

Scottie

22/02/2018 13:30:02

John~ Thanks mate glad your hanging in there.

Jim~ Cheers matey

Scottie

Thread: Dick Dastardly's 'Catch the Pigeon' Flying Machine....Ron's Version!
22/02/2018 11:08:24

Ron,

​Brilliant, takes you right back to when cartoons were funny.

Scottie

Thread: Otter Mk.1 (IBG Models 1/35)
22/02/2018 10:27:59

Griff,

​Glad to hear there was no major damage and all is repairable.

Scottie

21/02/2018 22:36:32

Paul~ Thanks fella.

John B~ Your right It's knowing it's there and if anyone does get the chance to look through the windows it will add interest.

​John H~ The cab has had a pre shade and a top coat The rest of the painting will be completed when the build is finished I might have to remove some of the paint as Dan has pointed out there are a few welds missing.

​John G~ Glad your still sticking with it

Scottie

Thread: Camo Fest! Tamiya 1/16 Winter Uniform
21/02/2018 22:29:03

Peter,

​This will be a walk in the park for the master.

Scottie

Thread: 1/24th Pz. II Ausf.F
21/02/2018 22:22:25

John,

​Chipping looks great and will tone down when the rest of the weathering is completed.

Scottie

Thread: KFS FV432/30 Rarden turret
21/02/2018 18:07:48

Hi Howard,

​That is a great looking build, it used the turret from the Fox CVR(W) as apposed to the Scimitar CVR(T) I spent 3 years working on the Rarden it was a good piece of ordanance.

Scottie

21/02/2018 17:35:13

I have spent the day adding the last of the stowage to the inside of the cab.

​First I added some rope handles to the wooden box, that was very kindly donated by Mike Mortimore. This was base coated with Valleyo Wood then brown oil paint was worked into the grain and removed with a dry brush and cotton buds.

​Then I had a bit of fun constructing a wooden crate and added some pots and plates from the eduard cutlery set. A bottle from stretched clear sprue and some spuds and carrots which cannot be seen anymore.

​This is now ready for the cab to be closed up.

dscf1323.jpg

dscf1324.jpg

Thanks for looking C&C's always welcome

Scottie

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Parabellum
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Kingkit
HLJ February
Expo Tools July 14
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest