By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Moggeller, PhD

Here is a list of all the postings Moggeller, PhD has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Tiger Evolution
18/08/2017 17:26:54

nObby - go on then amigo - use my Avatar like you did before. Also - did you ever finish that Wirbelwind before you dropped off the face of the earth in 2008? If you did - show it to me!!!

This is what I love about Tiger Evolution; 24 hours on and the Evolution gets another 1,500 hits without even seeing plastic. That's amazing. Just wait until I get the AB out. I'm gobsmacked - thanks for your input guys, we'll crank the volume of this blog up to 11.

Ciao!

Bill X

Thread: Tamiya 1/48 Panzer IV Ausf H with Zimmerit
18/08/2017 17:23:24

Hi Steve; there will be magic and there will be nonsense. You’ll be part of the success of this build – I need you all to heave-ho and put the wind under my wings to get this whole thang back on track. Nonsense, jive and blather is what’s called for.

Peter! Mon Ami – great to have you around. I’ve got one box, two kits off the sprue (no tools on an aeroplane), two Boots sanding sticks, TETC, cocktail sticks, a tiny tube of Loctite Superglue, one bottle top, two bowls, several ziplock bags, I’ve posted two scalpel blades to myself and I have a tub of Tippex. That’s my desert island shizzle. I have missed all of you. I raise a glass of Erdinger to you, each and every one of you mad moggellers.

Jimbo! My Shropshire lad. Yup; two teeny Tigers, after two teeny Panzers. It’ll be therapeutic. We must meet; I live in Shropshire now. Weird thing – I don’t need an Optivisor, but my hands shake more than they used to. How odd. Maybe it’s the double espressos.

Bobby – nice to have you around. Tweezers – I am really tempted to sneak a pair into my suitcase, but am worried I’ll get busted at the border…here’s hoping I don't get tempted to take them.

Durk; lovely to see you. What happened to those lovely figures you were assembling & painting (the injured Landser with a medic?) I’d love to see the finished article. Durk; I don’t undertand what an M10 is – is it a tractor or a car? Sometimes people talk at me about ‘Spitfires’ and ‘Mustangs’. I often wonder why they are talking about sports cars when we are at a military modelling show. Maybe it’s beer. Mind you, I have a small span of attention and a very narrow mind. Great to see you pal.

Ok Men – its fab to see you. Lovely to be back and in the fold. The more comments, the more fun, let’s get this blog going. I’ll post some pics ASAP.

Bill X

18/08/2017 13:55:06

nObbler - could you do that funny thing with my head on my profile picture please? I've always loved it. Bill x

18/08/2017 06:48:45

I still can't believe it's you nObby. It's lovely to see you old friend.

Si - it's a privilege to have you around. Thanks - sooner or later there going to be PAINT!!!

Bill x

Thread: Tamiya 1/48 Panzer IV Ausf H with Zimmerit
18/08/2017 06:46:19

If you were on a desert island and were travelling light - what gear would you put in your satchel to moggle?

18/08/2017 06:44:55

Coolio x

18/08/2017 06:44:34

I'll be using Tamiya sheet Zimmerit;

img_1082.jpg

18/08/2017 06:43:54

This is the Tamiya 'poster';

img_1080.jpg

18/08/2017 06:42:33

Hi Guys

Getting back into the saddle I have decided to start my comeback with a brace of Tamiya Panzer IV Ausf H in 1/48; simple and hopefully enjoyable. These two kits will probably be the first go go to the paint shop as I'm not making any fuss with PE, but if I can work out alu barrels with minimal equipment I will do. I have some Tamiya crew figures and will probably make a little interactive between the two.

So, buckle up and stick around, this could be the beginning of something beautiful. Once I've built these I'll do a similar process with a Tamiya 1/48 Tiger I (early) and Tamiya 1/48 Tiger I (late) and then I'll build the Wittmann command Tiger and then get the AB out.

It's been a long journey and I'm looking forward to having my moggelling mates with me and getting back into the groove.

ATB

Bill

17/08/2017 22:45:38

Steve - it is going to be great - the come-back kid comes back AGAIN!

Cheers lads!

Bill

17/08/2017 22:45:00

Richard - we are going to have a whole lot of Tiger fun!

Bill

17/08/2017 22:42:53

Funny thing is Jimbo; I didn't see that. I must be psychic. At long last I have some upcoming bench-time and I plan to put it to good use. Yee-hah!

Bill

17/08/2017 22:40:08

nObby! Great to see you, sorry to see you've still got that rash on your forehead. Mind you, I always did fancy one of those head-warmers...stick around - you'll learn something.

Bill X

17/08/2017 22:39:04

Hey Wouts - great to see you. Just you wait; it'll be great fun. First off I'm going to build some simple (nearly) OOB 1/48 scale Tigers, then get back to the Wittmann command Tiger with Zimmerit and then I will paint all the built Panzers (subject to some repairs).

After that, clear the decks take a deep breath and kick off on the Panzer trail and some more Tigers for the Evolution.

Yay! Cheers matey.

Bill

15/08/2017 15:50:44

Ok, I am as rusty as hell, but I'm getting back ink the saddle - soon hang tight, we'll get this baby cranked up as soon as damnit.

Hope UR all well. I sure am looking forward to catching up with the Panzer Werkstätte fans.

Bill

Thread: reducing my time to the hobby!!!!
30/06/2017 09:04:59

Hi Mark

Are the two Takahashi 1/35 German tank crew figures sold yet? If not I'll go for those.

Bill

Thread: Heavy Metal in Tunisia: A Tiger Story
11/06/2017 14:24:01

Nice work Chris - get that weathering done!

Bill

06/04/2017 19:36:37

No worries Christos - I'm fine thanks for asking.

Can't say I'm surprised about Wouter & Yamamoto; all the best tank-freaks have a nautical hankering from time to time. Mind you, some of us are able to actually suppress those ideas. I even dreamt of doing a U-boat once.

Ciao!

Bill

05/04/2017 14:36:31

Great work Chris. Nice to see some paint on a well detailed Tiger...

I hope you are well (and PS "Hi Wouts").

Bill

Edited By Moggeller, PhD on 05/04/2017 14:36:48

Thread: New figures from Alpine Miniatures - Feb 2017
05/02/2017 01:11:44

Hi Taesung

Those Panzer crew figures look great.

Bill

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Kingkit
HLJ Sept
Expo Tools July 14
HLJ July
Parabellum
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for £3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest