By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Bobby Dale

Here is a list of all the postings Bobby Dale has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Next Group Build for 2018
20/03/2018 16:35:51

YEp I'm in

Thread: 2 StuGs and a Sturm-Infanteriegeschz 33 B 1942/3 Stalingrad (JR )
20/03/2018 16:33:10

What a transformation empty streets then I come back and full on busy diorama and what great work it just gets better and better Well I'm  just like your Stug suitably Blown away

Edited By Bobby Dale on 20/03/2018 16:33:51

Thread: R.A.F. Air Sea Rescue Launch. (RAF100GB)
20/03/2018 14:42:06

Looks Top Hole Ron

love a big boat can still remembers my friends next door neighbour down at Cobb's Quay in Poole Harbour in the seventies and his whale back .still had the turrets (minus the ordinance) .

Thread: BW in Afganistan
20/03/2018 13:56:20

Just been reading the same book while on holiday Paul

great read , I was thinking of using a 1/48th model also to pay homage .

but will wait to see yours first . so as not to stand on any toes

Thread: Next Group Build for 2018
20/03/2018 13:44:35

Hello John

My choices are for this years final GB's are as follows

A) finish the RAF 100

B) Helicopters

C) WW1

if C chosen for the Sept to Nov i intend to build a 1/35th Dio in Palestine so covering the Desert option .

Thread: GROUP BUILD RAF 100 2018 .(JR)
20/03/2018 13:20:28

Sorry I have been incommunicado over the last three weeks been otherwise busy can you guess were i have been ?

will post some up date build photo's soon .

02/03/2018 13:25:50

I would not worry to much about a winter finish on the Stugs as most of your finished figures are in summer attire ?

unless you have changed direction ? and want to do a winter tale if so i can recommend the Zvenda figures i used in the Alright for some dio

Thread: Dope N Dupe ? RAF100GB/2018
01/03/2018 21:26:10

What i am hoping to get is a representation some were near the 1/48 etch sets available but using odds and sods from the spares box and rods

lysander 3.jpg

(for discussion perpose's only)

Here is a picture of what it should look like this is a large scale kit addition

01/03/2018 21:14:03

Well rigging nearly fished on the Gipsy so starting on the Lysander started to paint the interior

Yet again very little detail even has no dashboard  so pinched the one out of the older Frog kit watch this space for more interior updates 

Edited By Bobby Dale on 01/03/2018 21:15:54

Thread: 120mm Chindit Figure by Imperial Gallery
01/03/2018 21:02:30

My father was in India and Burma throughout the War and was a signals officer specializing in Cyfer work and coded the messages for their air resupplies the chindits and with the RCAF transport squadrons based there .

Thread: So who else is 'snowed in'?
01/03/2018 20:57:40

Hi John

My brother (also a John ) is fine food in freezer used to it just had to dig out a bit of the lawn area so the dogs could toilet

But down here is another thing altogether no gritting or sign of snow plough's mayhem in Brixham, Paignton and Torquay as all roads out of the bay have hills to climb so lots stranded in the bay abandoned cars and lorries blocking routes out, the A38 currently closed the A380 closed , the coastal route road through Teignmouth and Dawlish Dodgy as 4 steep hills to negociate to get to Exeter and to the M5

A Council Transport manager did say on TV that he has now had the chance to use their brand new snow blower for the first time out on the Moors (they bought it 6 years ago) .

says it all really

01/03/2018 11:22:43

Now we have been issued with a Red warning for the South West coming in bad approx lunchtime ?

The South Hams is very dodgy on the country roads the main town shops in Torbay have been announcing they are closing from lunch time unheard of in the 32 years i have lived here .very little traffic about on the main roads .

My Brother is snowed in ,up in County Durham 8 foot drifts

Be careful out there guy's

Thread: Dick Dastardly's 'Catch the Pigeon' Flying Machine....Ron's Version!
01/03/2018 10:53:03

A Brilliant memory jerker and great model to boot , always loved the series and Wacky Races too

Thought Klunk's speech was crazy only Zilly understood him ?and Dastardly saying "What ever he said " Get on with It ?

from the title music "Klunk you invent me a Thing a ma Bob" !

used to get ribbed at school about that phrase someone once wrote on my school bag "Invented by Klunk ?"

Oh those were the days

Nab Him , Jab Him ,Tab Him , Grab Him ,     Stop that Pigeon Now !

Edited By Bobby Dale on 01/03/2018 10:55:30

Edited By Bobby Dale on 01/03/2018 10:58:02

27/02/2018 18:07:16

Well what a difference a couple of hours make gone is the sunshine and replaced with this

a splattering so far more to come ?

in the winter of 62/63 i had to walk 5 miles to school in 2-3feet of snow in shorts i can remember the pain and the red legs now 

Edited By Bobby Dale on 27/02/2018 18:10:45

Thread: Panzer IV G Winterketten
27/02/2018 13:16:20

Great looking Build I agree with JH and JR maybe a slight de-colouring of the Dunklegleb as the heat from the exhaust would radiate out to change the paint colour

Top Job

27/02/2018 13:06:52

Cheers John

Thank you for showing the Rubber "Damned" sorry Band tracks , looking mightily impressive

May i Bow to your skills at Placating the Management and winning a place in the Hallowed TBC i myself still being a Man Cave shy have witnessed "The Look" when i clutter the study table and have also had to bear the ignominy of the "Tut " and the phrase "Again !" .

I can only Dream of reaching your Dizzy Heights of tact and diplomacy, One Day One Day ?

Jealous Bobby.

27/02/2018 12:42:16

Same as Dave

Its a bitter temperature but brilliant sunshine, there' snow on the Moors but were to close to the Sea to get much .

We have got to drive up to Cardiff on Sunday hope its Ok by then

Thread: Lipstick on the pig Painting the barbarian
27/02/2018 12:37:44

John , Wonderful Just Wonderful

Suitably Blown Away

Cannot wait for Nigel from the post room !

Thread: An Irregular Regular
27/02/2018 12:22:04

Great to see you back,Mate Good to hear the Mojo staying high .

i was in New York a couple January 's ago when the Mayor closed the city to all traffic due to snow ,Metro and all roads closed but someone forgot to tell the Amtrack We were on coming in from Niagra 15 hour trip and Penn station closed when we eventually arrived at 01.00am had to wait for staff to reopen the esculators and gates and we were confronted on 8th with 5 feet deep snow on the sidewalks and 4 feet deep in the Avenue's,                  The streets were un-passable had to drag the cases up to 40th to find our hotel took me 40 mins to dig through the snow to get to the Hotel entrance then bang on the door to get attention as it was all locked ?

But what would life be without these little adventures got to stay an extra couple of nights in the city that was a bonus strange to find the city that never sleeps empty of people save the Odd NYPD 4x4 at junctions policing the vehicle ban . would not have missed it for the World

looking forward to some witty banter and great modelling

Welcome back

Edited By Bobby Dale on 27/02/2018 12:23:10

Edited By Bobby Dale on 27/02/2018 12:23:34

Edited By Bobby Dale on 27/02/2018 12:23:51

26/02/2018 14:23:51

Oh loving the Brace N bite John

Your tracks are coming on dont look like the usuual sets of rubber band types , I have some fruils i have about 3-4 different sets in the stash but tend to tiptoe past them not stirred up enough bottle yet . Lol

Mega impressive build Mate

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?
Support Our Partners
HLJ February
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest