By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Chas Kenny

Here is a list of all the postings Chas Kenny has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Mk IV Top Tower Supply Tank & Sledge (PL)
05/04/2018 17:10:59

Peter,

Please keep on with this build. As Mike has said, both you and Neo are teaching us lessons. You are using the Emhar model which some people have rubbished. You are showing what can be produced from a simple model with the addition of plastic. Neo is using the Takom model. It would be interesting to see how they compare. I've already built the Emhar models and have the Takom models to build, when I find time and space!

Chas

Thread: Mark.IV female
04/04/2018 17:05:03

Neo,

No one could ever achieve the standard you have. Every one of your models has been to a museum standard.

Chas

Thread: What I did to chase off the big black dog
04/04/2018 17:03:02

Tim,

I know the feeling. I've learnt to close my eyes and focus on a Black Newfoundland dog. They are the gentlest dogs in the world. I used to have an A4 photo of one on a notice board in front of my desk at work. Concentrating on the photo allowed my cares and worries to disappear.

Remember, too, that many well known and very successful people have coped with Black Dog. You may feel you are alone, but you're not.

Chas

Thread: Mk IV Top Tower Supply Tank & Sledge (PL)
03/04/2018 16:56:31

Pete,

I'm going to watch this with interest. I've built a number of the Emhar kits straight from the box. I've also carried out a number of conversions including this one.

Chas

As an aside, everyone. Please bear in mind, when you post comments concerning afflictions, that some of us may have them. I have a slight speech impediment. I keep it under control most of the time. However, there are times when the stutter gets the best of me. It can take anything up to 15 to 20 minutes to bring it under control. It doesn't help seeing remarks made about it, even if they are in jest! Thanks.

Thread: Mark.IV female
03/04/2018 16:42:02

Neo,

What more can I say about your models? You are in a class of your very own. Your standards are just incredible and inspire many on this site.

Please keep the models coming. Each time I see a posting from you I know that I will not be disappointed.

Very well done, indeed.

Chas

Thread: A 30 Challenger Mk.VIII Cruiser tank
26/03/2018 00:10:52

Neo,

The attention to detail is just incredible.

Chas

Thread: MkIV "Female Airship Tug" & MkV "Hermaphrodite" (PL)
21/03/2018 08:19:00

Pete,

This is modelling at its' very best. You have turned a cheap model into a museum masterpiece. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished model.

Chas

Thread: 1/35 Emhar A7V
17/03/2018 06:31:22

Pete,

No problem. We all ask questions on this site. If Emhar had released it in 1/35 it would have been a basic model. I'm certain someone would have posted a build of it on here and super detailed it.

Chas

16/03/2018 15:22:03

Peter,

To the best of my knowledge, Emhar have only ever produced it in 1/76 scale. Other companies have produced A7V models, but these go back 30 plus years. I regret, I cannot recall the names of the companies.

Chas

Thread: MkIV "Female Airship Tug" & MkV "Hermaphrodite" (PL)
16/03/2018 15:19:32

Peter,

This is superb. You've shown what can be done to a relatively cheap and simple model.

Chas

Thread: So who else is 'snowed in'?
27/02/2018 17:27:16

Living in London has many advantages. The buses run on some routes throughout the night. There was no snow when I caught the bus at 4.00am. I have found that the trains from Brentwood did not start running into London Liverpool Street until around 7.30am. I feel sorry for the regular bus users who had extra commuters at their stop this morning.

There has been snow falling throughout the day in London. I'm prepared for it. No panic buying as I always have tinned soup in stock. If I can't get bread, there are cream crackers and crisp breads to eat, instead.

Chas

Thread: Military Modelling Vol.48 Issue 3
26/02/2018 17:18:35

My copy arrived today. I just need to find time to unwrap it and then read it.

Chas

23/02/2018 13:12:49

Martyn,

Another interesting magazine. Roll on next week, provided the postman can cope with the predicted snow!

Chas

Thread: WW1 Mk 1 "Tadpole" (PL)
22/02/2018 18:07:54

Pete,

It's a whole lot better than mine.

Chas

22/02/2018 08:24:29

Pete,

Alas, I don't have any photo's. However, feel free to make use of my ideas.

Chas

21/02/2018 17:01:25

Pete,

I've built this already. However, I've added a few extras.

1) I made the base plate for the mortar bigger. This was to allow for the crew.

2) I added a back plate in order that neither the crew nor their kit would fall off.

3) Above the rear door, I added a periscope in order that the crew could find their target.

I know this vehicle never saw operational service. However, this means that any modification to the model is pure speculation.

Chas

21/02/2018 16:54:29

Andy,

I know the feeling. When I joined the Service, I was one of the youngsters in my Office. Now, I'm the oldest member of staff in my Station. I'm also one of the longest serving having transferred into it in 1996. What frightens me is when I hear youngsters talking of incidents they've read about in History Books. These are incidents I can recall from my youth!

By the way. I'm older than you!

Chaslaugh

Edited By Chas Kenny on 21/02/2018 16:54:52

Thread: On Track - 24th February
21/02/2018 14:19:17

John Hutton,

I'll do that on Friday.

Chas

21/02/2018 14:18:09

John Prigent,

I shall look forward to seeing you.

Chas

Edited By Chas Kenny on 21/02/2018 14:18:35

20/02/2018 18:57:07

Just a quick reminder that the On Track Show takes place this coming Saturday, 24th February, in the Leas Cliff Hall in Folkestone.

I'm keen to see what Giesber Models will have in 1/76 scale.

Chas

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Kingkit
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Parabellum
HLJ February
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest