By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Andrew Belsey 2

Here is a list of all the postings Andrew Belsey 2 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: WWI trench
22/08/2017 09:21:51

Steven,

Your Diorama is looking great. Go for the competition, but remember to get your satisfaction from the pleasure it gives you. However hard the organisers try to make competitions fair, they are fickle things and some models are overlooked. We all get drawn to our areas of interest. I'm not very competitive, so tend not to enter, but its a way of showing your excellent model to a wider audience. I wish you success, but go with an open mind.

Andy B

Thread: 1:285 scale artillery WW1
22/08/2017 07:44:06

Kelly,

Excellent!! People get really surprised when you pull a diorama out of your pocket!

Hopefully you've caught the bug and will do more. There is a lot of potential at this tiny scale.

Andy B

Thread: Mixed arms Traffic
21/08/2017 14:36:42

Paul,

With that slogan on the side I'd be relieved that it was facing away from me as I passed by!!!

What's the frame on the front for?

Andy B

Thread: Introducing Mookies Miniatures
21/08/2017 12:45:42

Great news Peter!

We all know that you can do it! Just do your usual magic and we'll all be happy!

Andy B

Thread: Recycling 2 - More Re-Worked 120mm Figures
21/08/2017 07:53:41

Great figure Peter! Your skill and speed is truly inspiring.

Andy B

Thread: Mixed arms Traffic
17/08/2017 11:22:01

Paul,

How many vehicles and tanks do you have (roughly?) Do you have them stored in some sort of order? I see you reusing your baseboards, so they must go somewhere. You must have a huge collection! You have so many variations of many, many vehicles.

Andy B

Thread: WWI trench
17/08/2017 11:16:42

Steven,

Great revetments and A frames. They'll be keeping their feet dry in this bit of trench. I'm enjoying watching this progress. What wood have you used? - Balsa? (I find it works well for me.)

Andy B

Thread: Pz.Kpfw VI Tiger I early version Fujimi 1:72
17/08/2017 08:16:04

Great detail Steve!

AndyB

Thread: The sign said 1.5 not 15 Ton.
17/08/2017 08:12:53

Kieth,

This is coming on a treat! I'm looking forward to the next instalment!

Andy B

Thread: Miniart 1/16 Dragoon
17/08/2017 08:07:57

Peter,

You still amaze me at how quickly and precisely you paint!! Lovely work!

I'd hate to try to fire a musket on horseback! - I'd end up on the ground for sure!!

Andy B

(Yorkshire and Lake District were great thanks - reasonable/good weather and the family all got on well together. I hope that your 2nd try at a holiday with your 'young lady' went well?)

Thread: Eduard Airco DH.2 1/48 (BiplaneGB17)
17/08/2017 07:59:30

Jim,

Your DH is coming on a treat!! and I'm still getting tempted to make another one. Keep it coming - please!

Andy B

Thread: Long live the model shop!
16/08/2017 22:27:33

I was in York last week and was delighted to find a thriving model shop - Monk Bar Model Shop. I spent a good while of pleasure looking round and bought some scenic supplies. I've not been in a shop like this for many, many years so it was a real pleasure to experience one again.They sell all types of models. The staff are pleasant, helpfull guys and I wish them success with their shop which opened in 1963. They have a website too, so you don't have to go there in person.

img_2163.jpg

img_2160.jpg

img_2161.jpg

img_2162.jpg

Thread: BTR-80 {ST}
16/08/2017 13:43:17

Simon,

I too hope that your dad improves and that work calms for you to entertain us further. I've been away but for better reasons - holiday. Keep it coming when you can!

Andy B

Thread: Pilots first flight and first love (BiplaneGB17)
16/08/2017 13:39:02

Coming on very nicely Richard.

I had a flight in one of these a few years back as my 50th birthday present. It flies from Redhill Airport (Surrey) at weekends over my house during the summer. It was wonderful to be up there, in the open flying over my house and I even got to take control for a few minutes! The guy thought I'd done it before, because I moved her very gently. I just knew they are very responsive. I'm sure he grabs his stick with both hands if he offers the chance of taking control!!

Andy B

Thread: 1:32 Trench Sections - Part 2
16/08/2017 13:30:44

Jim, Mike and Karl,

Thanks for your encouragement. I've been in the Lake District (very beautiful and mostly sunshine for us!) with my wife, grown up children and their partners for a week and a half, so haven't looked in. I've got lots of catching up to do and my eye is twitching, just trying to do the day job. I'll get back to this when I have the energy!

Andy

Thread: Miniart 1/16 Dragoon
16/08/2017 13:20:33

Peter,

Lovely dragoon! and I'm sure you'll treat us to another beautiful horse.

I've been away for a couple of weeks, so am catching up, and haven't found how many figures you've painted in that time!?

Andy B

Thread: Cave up date.JR
16/08/2017 13:17:36

John,

Your cave looks wonderful - I'm envious!

I've not been given permission from CinC for my own space at home yet, despite having 3 spare bedrooms. Nearly all my work is done at work (in lunchtimes!) I do have a cabinet in the lounge at home though. Thankfully before my children left home they supported me to have that and it sits next to a settee, so wifey can sit there with it behind her and not having to look at it. When I retire, I'll push for my own space!

You've made a fabulous job of your cave!

Andy B

Thread: Old Wings of the Fleet (Bi-plane GB)
04/08/2017 16:12:54

Sorry to read of your travails Bobby, but well done for sticking at it!

Andy B

Thread: 1:32 Trench Sections - Part 2
04/08/2017 16:10:53

Kevin, Thanks.

We get many models back at work which need alteration, so I've done many a scary procedure over the years. You usually get away with it, but you hold your breath and pray!!

04/08/2017 14:30:46

Scottie, Peter, Paul and Keith, Thank you.

I've been preparing my dugout for LEDs today - a bit scary! Prizing the bottom off and then Dremmeling an area of the floor which isn't seen to allow access to behind the side walls. Then drilling through the side walls for cables. The only damage was to the gas curtain, which will need a touch up of paint. Even the butterfly survived - He's on the grass above.

I won't make any progress for a while, as I'm on holiday again for a week and a half. So, Bye for now, Andy

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Parabellum
Kingkit
HLJ July
HLJ Sept
Expo Tools July 14
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for £3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest