By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Robin Buckland

Here is a list of all the postings Robin Buckland has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Taking some time off
20/02/2017 12:25:24

Hi Simon,

As Andy has said, I hope that tests provide some helpful answers for you. smile p Good to hear that Stan is coping OK, but sad news about your father in law, my condolences to you all.

Robin

Thread: Takom WW1 German artillery kits...
09/02/2017 14:59:02

Steve, Thank you. thumbs up

Ev, Thank you too and yes, it has been nice to give more time over to actually building a few. I bought the Bertha kit last autumn, and it is only now that I have been able to get round to building it. Certainly something a bit more unusual. wink 2

Si, Thank you. Yes, there is one shell in the kit, I just haven't painted it yet. It is set to go in the cradle you can see on the hoist. If I would have liked to see anything else in the kit, it would have been for just one crew figure to get another idea of size/scale.

Paul, Thank you too sir, a bit bigger than your favourite 1/87 scale though. smile p

Robin smile

09/02/2017 09:21:18

Peter, Jim,

Thanks for your comments. In seeing the two side by side, both in the same scale, I thought it gave a good impression of just how big Bertha was. I rather like artillery models. I already have in mind to do the camouflage on the Bertha as per the one on the box art, whereas I haven't decided on which scheme for the smaller 21cm Morser as yet. thumbs up

One comment on the Big Bertha, the large parts have some mould seams that you need to remove as you go through the build, but nothing particularly difficult. smile p

Robin smile

Thread: Albion 3-point Refueller in 1/48...
09/02/2017 09:13:20

Hi Tim,

Thanks, and yes, generally good but you are right about the seams, a feature I simply forgot to sort out before I moved it on, I may yet go back to it and strip off the paint to sort them before repainting the tank. smile p

Robin smile

Thread: Takom WW1 German artillery kits...
08/02/2017 12:24:49

Hi all,

Having been able to build some things recently, one has been the Takom 1/35 kit of the Krupp 420mm Big Bertha. It goes together a treat but took me a bit by surprise just how big it is. smile o For comparison, here it is alongside Takom's kit of the German 21cm Morser, also in 1/35...

Takom 1/35 Big Bertha beside their 21cm Morser IN THE SAME SCALE!

An interesting comparison I thought. smile p

Robin smile

Thread: Albion 3-point Refueller in 1/48...
08/02/2017 12:20:39

Well, with some time now to do some modelling, this one has got the 'painted' stage, but waiting for transfers and weathering...smile p

Airfix 1/48 Albion Refueller built and painted

Airfix 1/48 Albion Refueller built and painted

Robin smile

Thread: Folkestone show
07/02/2017 11:04:47

Hi John,

I assume you are referring to On Track, which is on Sat 25 Feb this year.thumbs up

HTH

Robin smile

Thread: AM bits?
31/01/2017 16:01:17

Hi Andy,

For naval AM stuff, have you tried White Ensign Models? Don't know if they have what you want, but the best place to try I think. smile p

Robin smile

Thread: Latest Acquisitions 2017
25/01/2017 17:15:11

Hi Allen,

Very glad the T34 got to you safely this time wink 2.

The V2 kit is one on my wish list which I will just have to get. Somewhere I have the old 1/76 kit by Grip which includes the V2, meillerwagen, Hanomag and the armoured Sdkfz 7 control vehicle which I will build at some point.smile p

There is a preserved one of the Hanomag tractors in the collection at the Musee des Blindes in Saumur which I enjoyed seeing a few years ago. thumbs up

Robin smile

Thread: 2017 Small Scale Group Build (SSGB17)
20/01/2017 13:49:52

As well as the T-55, I have had the time to return to some older models sitting waiting for some paint for perhaps more years than I should admit to. smile p

First one for Pail E in particular, the Minitanks 1/87 M932. This was in a drawer, and I found the black kit tyres were sticky, deteriorating with age. So, a quick coat of paint seems to have sealed them quite nicely...

Minitanks 1/87 M932 Tractor and semi-trailer

Minitanks 1/87 M932 Tractor and semi-trailer

Then a 1/76 resin kit by Gramodels, the Char 2C (not finished yet)...

Gramodels 1/76 Char 2C

Gramodels 1/76 Char 2C

...and an Academy 1/72 Stryker...

Academy 1/72 Stryker

Academy 1/72 Stryker

Robin smile

20/01/2017 13:43:41

Hi all,

It's great to see so many small scale builds coming along, this is great. teeth 2

Just to get up to date with my T-55, it has gone a long way, just some final weathering to be done. It went together very nicely, especially the link and length tracks which worked well. A few very small parts to be careful not to lose, especially the lifting hooks on the turret. So, under construction...

Revell 1/72 T-55A WIP 1

Revell 1/72 T-55A WIP 1

Revell 1/72 T-55A WIP 1

...with some basic paint...

Revell 1/72 T-55A WIP 2

Revell 1/72 T-55A WIP 2

...and currently (just on a generic base)...

Revell 1/72 T-55A

Revell 1/72 T-55A

Robin smile

Thread: Its his birthday Sunday
15/01/2017 12:48:32

Happy Birthday John, cake and here's to many more. beer

Robin smile

Thread: Stryke three! (SSGB17)
14/01/2017 18:13:01

Hi Al,

I do like this kit I have to say, and the upgrades you are doing to it look excellent. Best of luck with the rest. thumbs up

Robin smile

Thread: EE Lightning SSGB17
14/01/2017 18:11:01

Hi Tony,

A neat choice to just enjoy building in itself. Tim would be loving to see this, bless him. thumbs up

Robin smile

Thread: Passing on the Baton...
13/01/2017 10:36:19

Thanks Tony. As for visiting SA, you never know...smile p

Robin smile

12/01/2017 15:55:25

Hi Wouts,

Thank you. I hope you and your young family have a great 2017.thumbs up

Robin smile

Thread: If you can't stand the heat - get out of the kitchen!
12/01/2017 15:52:51

David,

Very sorry to read of your problem, I do hope it all gets sorted as soon as they can. Most importantly of course it is good that no-one was hurt. Best of luck. thumbs up

Robin smile

Thread: Passing on the Baton...
12/01/2017 09:59:22

Thank you John, beer

Robin smile

11/01/2017 11:12:29

Bobby, Tim, Christos, Evan

Thank you all for your good wishes thumbs up. More time to do some actual modelling now... smile p

Nige,

Thanks for your help too over the years. beer

Robin smile

Thread: Bang, Bang, I Shot You Down (SSGB17)
09/01/2017 19:56:00

Hi Allen,

Thank you, and an excellent choice, best of luck with it and I look forward to watching. thumbs up

Robin smile

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Casemate
Kingkit
Parabellum
Howmans Books 2017
HLJ Feb 2017
HLJ Late Dec
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest