By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Robin Buckland

Here is a list of all the postings Robin Buckland has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Military Modelling Vol.47 Issue 4 El Alamein Special
20/05/2017 17:56:01

Hi Clive,

You can buy back issues here.thumbs up

HTH

Robin smile

Edited By Robin Buckland on 20/05/2017 19:22:48

Thread: Out of office
18/05/2017 08:50:51

Hi Sjors,

Welcome to Sofie and congratulations to both you and your wife. cakebeer Now you have many happy family years ahead to look forward to. thumbs up

Robin smile

Thread: Man Jin Kim painted figure
17/05/2017 19:31:51

Hi Wouter,

Congratulations, what a really super prize to win. smile o The figure looks great, you are right to be well pleased. thumbs up

Robin smile

Thread: Passing on the Baton...
17/05/2017 16:07:14

Hi Gary,

Thank you very much for your good wishes. It will be at the end of this year that I will work with Tom Cole, the current editor, to learn what needs to be done to take over as Tankette editor for 2018, as it goes into its' 53rd year. In case there are any others still unfamiliar with it, Tankette is the magazine for the members of MAFVA, published 6 times a year. I was honoured to be asked to take it on and am really looking forward to it.thumbs up

Robin smile

Thread: The New Contemptables Society or the "D'you mind if we don'ts?"
17/05/2017 16:01:01

Hi Andy,

Having seen for myself how much work you put into the project (as well as the external trenches) I am really sad to hear the project has been scuppered, it was coming along so well. All the best to you and Russ along with your helpers for all the work you put in. beer

Robin smile

Thread: Spots on Facebook
15/05/2017 15:11:38

Bobby,

The Morris C8 with 25pounder is included in their new catalogue for this year, but not the CS8.

HTH

Robin smile p

15/05/2017 10:50:18

With reference to the Tracked Rapier, unfortunately this is not a plastic kit from AFV Club, but a resin kit in their Hobby Fan range I understand. smile p

Robin smile

Thread: TYPE-89 Japanese Medium Tank KOU Gasoline early. 1/72
13/05/2017 19:55:34

Hi David,

This looks very nicely done, and interesting for being a small scale Japanese tank kit. thumbs up

Robin smile

Thread: The Battle of Britain
13/05/2017 16:12:32

Hi David,

Well, you've got me with that sky scape alone, magic star Best of luck for the project. thumbs up

Robin smile

Thread: Spots on Facebook
12/05/2017 18:49:55

Hi Dave,

As a fan of all truck kits, these look good, thanks for sharing.thumbs up

I also see that Riich Models are venturing into 1/72 armour and have announced both the M109A2 and the M109A6 Paladin. Only box art but nice to see them venture into the smaller scale. smile p

Riich Models 1/72 M109A2

Bit more here. wink 2

Robin smile

Thread: British A9 and A10 Cruiser Tanks - new models announced
10/05/2017 07:16:41

Hi Paul,

Yes, one of these would be good to go with the Scammell Transporter. thumbs up

HTH

Robin smile

09/05/2017 21:43:05

Hi Steve,

Yes, both Gecko and Bronco have announced an A10, though they are different kits. As per my news (see link above) I understand the Gecko kit is a 100% new tooling, and will include interior detail as well as a crew figure, though as already mentioned, we have yet to see any plastic as it isn't due to be on sale until summer as I understand. thumbs up

HTH

Robin wink 2

09/05/2017 20:53:18

Hi Alan,

The first two armour kits plus the figure were indeed announced about a month ago, the news today is of two more tank kits, bringing the total to 4 now. thumbs up

HTH

Robin smile

Thread: IBG 1/35 Scammell Pioneer SV2S
06/05/2017 17:10:23

Hi Gaz,

I haven't seen the IBG kit but lots of room for differences it seems. You might be interested to see this photo showing a line of 4 (2 petrol engines and 2 later diesels) and plenty of differences to see. This was taken at the main REME museum collection at Borden back in 2008

REME Museum Scammells

HTH

Robin smile p

Thread: A very sad day for the family...
05/05/2017 05:56:58

Dear all,

Yesterday was a rather tearful day, especially when telling our children about their gran, but I'd like to say a huge thank you for all your kind messages, they are really appreciated. beer

Robin smile

04/05/2017 15:59:30

Last year my mum celebrated her 100th birthday. Today, at the age of 100 years and 8 months, my mum passed away peacefully. She had a remarkable and long life, being born when the Battle of the Somme was just 1 month old. Now however, she is finally at peace. God bless her.rose

Robin crying 2

Thread: Get well soon Mike Durnford
04/05/2017 15:55:25

Get well soon Mike. tea

Robin

Thread: HMS King George V passing the North Cape,heading for Murmansk.
04/05/2017 09:54:06

Hi Ron,

Excellent star​ Just goes to show what you can do with smaller scale models too. thumbs up

Robin smile

Thread: 2017 Anti Aircraft Group Build (AAGB17)
03/05/2017 10:03:07

Carl, Bobby, both of you are doing fine jobs on the 88s, which are coming along nicely.thumbs up
Nick, Good choice with the Revell Flak kit, I look forward to seeing what you do with this one.thumbs up
Steve, The gun looks good plus I really like the look of your display base for it, that has come out very nicely indeed.beer
John, The Panther mounted flak is looking really good, a little more unusual and eye-catching.thumbs up
Mike, nice neat progresssmile
Howard, The Thunderbird has built up a real beauty, I look forward to seeing it on the base you are planning.star
Fernando, The crew will add some life to the scene, very nice.thumbs up
Andy, Flak 43 coming along nicely. And I agree, hard to keep pace with all the builds going on, thank goodness for this GB thread to catch it all together. smile p

One I have been working on sits quite nicely under the banner for this group, the Patriot launcher from Dragon. Built so far, so paint next when I can decide which scheme to go for (desert sand or European camo)

Dragon MIM-104F Patriot PAC-3 built

Dragon MIM-104F Patriot PAC-3 built

(you can see more photos here if you are interested)

Robin smile

Thread: I've got this unknown item
01/05/2017 18:38:42

Hello Adam,

Have a look at this thread which explains how to post photos in our Basics for Beginners topic, that will explain if for you. thumbs up

HTH

Robin smile

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Parabellum
Battlegate
Kingkit
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
HLJ Mar 2017
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest