By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Robin Buckland

Here is a list of all the postings Robin Buckland has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Italeri Jaguar GR.3 " Big Cat "
30/03/2017 21:33:42

Hi John,

The decals alone are quite a challenge but you have done a super job with this one. A very impressive looking Jag. star thumbs up

Robin smile

Thread: Best 1/35 le FH 18/40 kit?
30/03/2017 14:25:26

Hi Rudi,

The Dragon one is good, there are one or two comments in the thread associated with the review you refer to, from when I built it. The other one is by AFV Club which I haven't built but their artillery kits are always good so you could go for either one. thumbs up

HTH

Robin smile

Thread: Fairchild Republic A10A Thunderbolt II by Tamiya
27/03/2017 22:40:51

Hi Alun,

This is coming along nicely. I've always liked the Thunderbolt, just something about it. thumbs up

Robin smile

Thread: 2017 Small Scale Group Build (SSGB17)
27/03/2017 22:38:15

John, Chris,

Thank you. They are simple models to build but look just right to my eye when built. thumbs up The CMP FAT in the first shot is also in 'Mickey Mouse Ear' pattern, though it is not brilliantly shown on this photo unfortunately. ​ There are additional photos if you follow the links so you might see it better there.smile p

Robin smile

Thread: Latest Acquisitions 2017
27/03/2017 22:32:44

Si,

The event is very much a local one. One of my friends brings along his WOT1 and WOT 2 so something for people to see. Two or three times during the day I give talks on the different pieces on show, and can usually get a good little crowd gathering, so it is fun to do and share the interest. wink 2

Chris, Tim

You are right, putty and styrene won't help much with this one, but one of the things that got me started was to have actual references for things like colour, wear and so on, including on the box in this case plus the leather harness for man packing the mortar and the smaller pouch is for the sights. thumbs up

Robin smile

27/03/2017 20:36:27

Hi Si,

I am just very fortunate that Una is so tolerant of my collection, that's all there is to it, smile p I will have it out on display at a 'Vintage Day' on Saturday 3 June at our local Craft Village, along with one or two other bits and pieces, the 4th year I have been invited there to put on an exhibit. thumbs up

Robin smile

27/03/2017 19:43:00

A new bit of kit for me, and in 1:1 scale. This is a Spanish M51 60mm mortar, something a bit different. smile pwink 2

Spanish M51 60mm Mrtar

Robin smile

Edited By Robin Buckland on 27/03/2017 19:43:42

Thread: 2017 Small Scale Group Build (SSGB17)
27/03/2017 19:39:34

Well, so much going on in the group and great to see so many small scale models come along so well.teeth 2

Just to say I have been getting on with a few bits and piece, and among them are these new kits from Plastic Soldier Company. In 1/72 there are both CMP artillery tractor and 25 pounder (2 kits in the box),

PSC 1/72 CMP FAT and 25 pounders

also the Morris tractor and 25 pounder (again 2 in the box),

PSC 1/72 Morris FAT and 25 pounders

then CMP 15cwt Trucks also in 1/72 (3 in the box)...

PSC 1/72 CMP 15cwt trucks

and in smaller 15mm, the CMP 15cwt but with 5 in the box...

PSC 15mm CMP 15cwt trucks

They are all awaiting transfers, though sadly PSC are out of stock on the appropriate sets at the moment, so waiting for them to get some reprints in...smile p Nice builds and fun to have multiple kits in each box.

Robin smile

Thread: Absent for a while but back now...
23/03/2017 15:22:10

Hi Andy,

Sorry to hear that Ebenezer has been through the mill a bit recently but good to hear he is back home. A worthwhile reminder to have pet insurance to help out though. dogthumbs up

Robin smile

Thread: New member to military modelling
22/03/2017 18:39:48

Hello Ant,

Thanks for the introduction, welcome on board the Mil Mod website. thumbs up

Robin smile

Thread: The Adventures of Meshman....
16/03/2017 21:48:51

Hi Allen,

Glad to hear you are safely home. Just don't try and rush things, and get back into things gently. beer

All the best

Robin smile

Thread: Revell 1/32 Junkers Ju - 88A1 with drum and oil cart
14/03/2017 17:44:51

Hi Kash,

As the others have said, this looks really good, and a neat scene overall as well. thumbs up

Robin smile

Thread: Nakajima M6A2 Zero floatplanes SSGB17....
14/03/2017 17:39:38

Hi Tony,

These look neat. thumbs up

Robin smile

12/03/2017 17:22:35

Hi Allen,

Sounds like a rough couple of days, but good to hear you have come through it and are on the mend. tea All the best for a speedy recovery now. thumbs up

Robin smile

Thread: solution to create realistic suntanned flesh
11/03/2017 22:11:19

Hi Andy,

There is a colour for Suntanned Flesh in the range of Cote d'Arms series of acrylic paints which I use and like. Having a ready mixed one I just find easy. smile p

HTH

Robin smile

Thread: Bandai 1/48 Imperial AT-ST
11/03/2017 22:02:28

Hi Hermann,

This one looks good. I have a picture on the wall in my hall of one of these with a '?' above it, alongside the larger AT-AT and the words between them ',,,I am your father'. teeth 2wink 2

Robinsmile

Thread: Did I hear someone say smoke generator?
11/03/2017 19:16:35

Hi Paul,

This is a neat little build, and an interesting and more unusual subject. thumbs up If I remember correctly it is Milicast who do a resin kit of one of these, though in 1/76.

Robin smile

Thread: Sd hz 247 Ausf A
11/03/2017 14:00:10

Hi Mark,

This is coming along nicely, and one of the interesting early war kits on the market these days. thumbs up

Robin smile

08/03/2017 16:17:29

Hi Allen,

I wish I'd thought of it earlier, but it came to mind from the old Laurel and Hardy films, but clearly 'that's another fine mesh you've gotten yourself into'. teeth 2

Robin smile p

08/03/2017 15:12:57

Hi Allen,

Glad to hear that all has gone well... maybe not glamorous, but well. wink 2

Take it easy and I'm sure you will be up and about very soon. tea

Robin smile

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Casemate
HLJ Feb 2017
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Kingkit
Howmans Books 2017
Parabellum
Battlegate
HLJ Mar 2017
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest