By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for jimbo

Here is a list of all the postings jimbo has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Kettenkraftrad, 1/48scale ( Des GB18) JR
24/04/2018 19:48:26

Hi John

The little Ketten and its trailer is looking good. Palm trees, fronds and trunk, are coming on a treat. Mind you at this stage the trunk does look a bit like something adventurous couples get delivered in plain wrapping thinking face 20

Jim

Thread: 1/10 Australian SAS Bust by Mookies Miniatures
24/04/2018 16:56:43

Hi Peter

echo Nick's thoughts - superb.

Jim

Thread: Centurion ARV Mk.2
24/04/2018 16:53:11

Hi Mike

Excellent scratching on the bins and the exhausts. Very skilled and all so neat.

Jim

Thread: M1A1HA Abrams Main Battle Tank
24/04/2018 16:45:02

Hi Ron

The wrecking of the building is very convincing and with the rubble piled up it will be a perfect backdrop for the Abrams.

Jim

Thread: Mamluk Drummer Del Prado Repaint
24/04/2018 13:10:30

Hi David

Well I for one reckon you have done a superb job with this. The huge amount of work has resulted in a very nice figure of a very unusual subject.

So was it worth the time and effort - yes wink 2. As for the other two - up to you but you have shown what can be done.

Wishing you well for the surgery.

Jim

Thread: Tristar Marder III Ausf. H (Desert GB 2018)
24/04/2018 08:49:17

Hi Si

I will follow with interest. I built this a few years ago and seem to remember the tiny track links drove me demented face 20

p1010718(1).jpg

Jim

Thread: M1A1HA Abrams Main Battle Tank
23/04/2018 19:04:00

Hi Ron

That is looking very nice indeed.

Jim

Thread: Bronco 1:35th Scale ZiL 131V
23/04/2018 19:02:23

Hi Gary

Congratulations on the gold award. Let's see a picture please of the model that won wink 2

Nice progress and like Lars the cables do look good thumbs up

Jim

23/04/2018 15:34:37

Hi Gary

Interesting history. Long life - 1966 to the present. The kit looks quite a challenge with almost 550 parts but that makes for great detail I suppose. I hope the fit is good with that degree of complexity.

Chassis looks superb.

Jim

Thread: Heller 1/35 VBCI 8 Wheeler APC
23/04/2018 14:25:19

Hi Dave

I reckon the mesh looks great, worth the effort. The paint job looks very good. I wish you well attaching the mesh screens.

Jim

Thread: 1/10 Australian SAS Bust by Mookies Miniatures
23/04/2018 10:53:58

Hi Peter

Unusual subject and it looks like a fine sculpt. A lot of parts indeed.

Jim

Thread: Sand in my parts (DesGB18) {ST}
23/04/2018 08:36:13

Morning Simon

Really starting to look the part.

Hope you are wrong about the CA 'cause I have 3 bottles in the fridge dont know

Jim

Thread: V2 - Vengeance From Above
23/04/2018 08:34:04

Hi Allen

Excellent scratching with the trailer.

Jim

Thread: Ansars on a postcard (Desert GB 2018)
23/04/2018 08:30:17

Hi Tim

Love the background info, love Rudyard Kipling's poem and love these figures. Excellent detail for such small figures. Interesting process with the oil wash. Look forward to more.

Jim

Thread: Herman Goering Division Tunisia (DESERT GB/2018)
23/04/2018 08:25:14

Hi Peter

Another winner. Looks great.

Jim

Thread: Hobbyboss Vk 1601 Pz.kpfw. Ausf.J
22/04/2018 14:41:24

Hi Si

Figure looks very nicely painted. Your trees look good.

Jim

Thread: Novice with a problem....
21/04/2018 15:18:57

Hi David

A warm welcome to MilMod. Can't really comment on the paints for your particular kit but before you go out and spend a fortune bear in mind that often a kit instructions will flag up a paint which is only used for one tiny area, maybe you can live without it. Another thing to think about is whether you could mix a paint colour. For example if the instructions say you need a black, a dark grey, a light grey and a white then maybe the light grey could be made from the dark grey and white. OK some modellers, you may be one of them, really like to get the paint colour exact. Deciding what is an exact colour can open a real can of worms face 20

Another consideration is whether you will be brush painting or using an airbrush as some paints work better for different applications. Let us know how you will be painting your model and the guys can help.

Yes there are sets of paints from many manufacturers for particular situations. Whether they are a lot cheaper I'm not sure and they will only have the main colours so you may still need others.

I am also colour blind. A real bummer at times but I have a very helpful wife.

Do share your 109 build on the forum. You will get loads of encouragement and help. We pride ourselves on being friendly and supportive so take the plunge.

Above all remember why we model - TO HAVE FUN wink 2

Jim

Edited By jimbo on 21/04/2018 15:20:37

Thread: Latest Acquisitions 2018
20/04/2018 21:16:35

John - bought it *HERE*

Si - the book has some useful stuff. Photos are nice. The translation is not as good as I first thought. Perfectly understandable for the most part but a bit clumsy - at times you have to think about what is meant. Worth buying.

Jim

20/04/2018 16:01:37

John - not only useful in the old gluing department but allows you to indulge in a little pyromania as well. Win - win face 20

Bought this book. Looks good, quite comprehensive and not too expensive. English translation seems OK too. With Eduard and Adam Wilder on board it should help with an aspect of the hobby that can cause tears of frustration thinking

p1050271.jpg

It is one of a series so if it proves helpful I may buy a few more.

Jim

Thread: Herman Goering Division Tunisia (DESERT GB/2018)
20/04/2018 15:26:35

Hi Peter

Superb figure painting as always thumbs up

Jim

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
HLJ February
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Parabellum
Kingkit
Expo Tools July 14
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest