By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Si Benson

Here is a list of all the postings Si Benson has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Greetings !
20/08/2017 18:18:59

Danny,

Also had a good look through the builds in your album. Some great subjects nicely donethumbs up The tanker and the matedor stand out to me....I didn't even know a Matedor was available in 1 35smile o

I'll certainly keep checking in for updates on your dio!!

Si

Thread: Red Army Junior Lieutenant: Barbarossa!
19/08/2017 22:05:32

Hi Jason,

That's a very realistic bust your creating...the skin colouring to me looks remarkably natural.

I'll stay and watch more of thisbeer

Si

Thread: Friendly local model shop(s) in Toronto
19/08/2017 19:48:00

Only 40 minutes ride....id be there every weekendsmile p My better half used to live in Trenton?

Looks fantastic! I have 2 dedicated model shops both within a 20 min drive....both of which are massively overpriced and understocked compared to what I can get online including delivery.

Thanks for sharing Christhumbs up

Si

Edited By Si Benson on 19/08/2017 19:51:43

Thread: A 1/48th Little Fokker...(BiplaneGB17)
19/08/2017 19:32:40

Evening Allen,

You'll have to excuse me mate, modelling time and forum time has been pretty non existent over the last few months and I'm trying to pick up where I left of but blimey they're are a lot of brilliant blogs to go through smile o

Lovely job putting this little red Fokker together....and not content with two wings, you have to take it one step further with 3 fist

Looks like you edging up to the finish line now...look forward to see this Fokker finishedwink

Sibeer

Thread: 1960's plus cam net build
19/08/2017 16:28:32

Hi Mike ,

Excellent step by step demo of how to make the camo netsthumbs up definitely one to try in the future!

Thanks for sharing beer

Si

Thread: Greetings !
19/08/2017 13:57:05

Hi Danny,

And welcome to the forum. Well done for wanting to join in and share what your doing with usthumbs up.

Look forward to seeing you and your work around the sitelaugh

Si

Thread: Pilots first flight and first love (BiplaneGB17)
19/08/2017 09:56:42

Morning Richard,

Seems I'm missing lots of great work on the forum. You've made a lovely job of this little gem, that camo scheme looks brilliant.

I've had that issue with VJ varnish before but never worked out why, what varnish do you use?

Si

Thread: Tamiya 1/48 Panzer IV Ausf H with Zimmerit
18/08/2017 17:26:06

Hi Bill,

You don't muck about do you, back like a bolt from the blue and aspiring to build a division of panzersface 20 wink 2

Don't ever recall seeing any of the Tamiya 1 48 stuff being built so I'm intrigued at the off.

Desert island moggel stuff...well of course there's the solar powered beer fridge, stuffed full of....well beers. And then there is My essential mogelling assistant Rachel Riley....and maybe some glue and a kit lollaugh

Si

Edited By Si Benson on 18/08/2017 17:26:58

Thread: Hobbyboss 2cm flak 38 Pz. kpfw. 38(t) (AAGB17)
18/08/2017 11:09:13

Steve....Seeing your cracking StuG build pushed me into getting this finished up so thank you on two levels matebeerbeer

Kimmo....Thanks mateylaugh

Smiffy....ooo you are a cheeky bugger....but I still love yacheeky Thanks for the glowing review matebeer The shell netting was some fly net material I got off ebay. the holes where a little bigger than id hoped but 100% better than any etch.

Mr T....thank you sir. I had no idea about the barrel paint issue. ill address that when I base it upthumbs up

Bobby...Thanks for checking in.  glad you approvebeer

You've all been very kinds gents....thanks for your kind words and encouragementbeer

Edited By Si Benson on 18/08/2017 11:10:33

18/08/2017 10:57:09

Scottie....Thank you mate. Glad you like how it turned out...maybe one day I can finish one as good as yours and get a pic in a magazine too...smile p

Jim...Thank you sirlaugh I will knock up a base at some point thumbs up

Mr Dewire....Great to see you buddy and cheers for such a roaring appraisal face 23. And yes shame on you for not finishing the big gun buscheeky

Fernando...I enjoyed the mud on this one and kept the rest of the weathering quite subdued. As Allen says they didn't last long in the field. Thanks for kind wordsbeer

Bones....Your right its a shame Tristar didn't make more in they're range before they disappeared. The two Tristar /Hobbyboss kits I've built are nicely detailed and cheap as chips. Thanks for the thumbs upthumbs up

18/08/2017 10:43:59

Wouter....Thanks buddy. glad you like how it turned out and yes I have a plan to get this one on a base once I've decided on a few thingswink 2

Forbes.... Its a funny looking beast but does have appeal. Thanks for checking inthumbs up

Richard...thank you. I tried to photograph every side hehesmile p....dunno about finesse tho, I always tend to rush the weathering because I'm fed up with the build by then lmaoface 20

Thread: POLIKARPOV 1 -153 CHAIKA (JR)
17/08/2017 23:11:09

Loosing bits already erhhsmile o .......

We wait 6 months for something to get built at Race towers, and he's gone and fed the carpet monster half the kitwink 2

Looks pretty simple....let the glueing commence beer

Si

Thread: Tiger Evolution
17/08/2017 23:04:25

Good to see you Bill,

Always a pleasure to watch you work your shiny magiclaugh

Si

Thread: Buy cheap, buy twice....
16/08/2017 16:57:04

Hey Karl,

I had the exact same issue with a budget bookcase.....luckily the shelf below was also filled to capacity with big books ( including my hitchhikers guild to the Galaxy picture book) Thus absorbing the fallface 23

As it was kept in a recess. I resorted to some plasterboard screws right through from the sides to repair it...still good 10 yrs later!

Kevin....Imagine if you had a shelf of beers, below the models....cause for major concern in any language surprise

Si

Thread: Sd.Kfz.11 C`mon,we ALL know these eh?!!
16/08/2017 16:42:32

A'noon Andy,

Looking good there and a nice bit of weathering on the undercarriage so farthumbs up

Si

Thread: Miniart 1/16 Dragoon
16/08/2017 16:31:03

Hi peter,

I'm clueless when it comes to historical military matters....I do know that "blending in with the surrounding area" wasn't a concern face 20

Beautiful figure painting as ever...that uniform looks fantastic thumbs up

Si

Thread: Pete's M7 "Priest"
16/08/2017 16:22:22

Hi Peter,

Let us know what you want to do and I'm sure we can sort it out for you.

Si

Thread: Cave up date.JR
16/08/2017 16:17:21

Afternoon John,

What a fantastic space you have created, how envious am I......VERY! Well while you sit in your purpose made den, spare a thought for poor old mr Benson, and his dining table work areacrying.

With your new extravagant, luxurious den ...we expect to see a minimum of one build a month now you knowwink 2

All joking aside, it looks great...enjoy ittea Could you tell me where you got the magnetic tool holding strips that you have on your wall please....would come in handy for organising the shed tools.

Si

Thread: Hobbyboss 2cm flak 38 Pz. kpfw. 38(t) (AAGB17)
13/08/2017 22:44:12

image.jpeg......

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

So that's that. Pretty much done I think? I have some ammo boxes to make up to litter the gun area but that's for another day.

Hope you like, All comments welcome

Cheers

Si

13/08/2017 22:41:04

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Cont.....

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
HLJ July
Parabellum
Expo Tools July 14
HLJ Sept
Kingkit
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for £3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest