By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Si Benson

Here is a list of all the postings Si Benson has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: 1/35 Tamiya Tiger 1 Late Version....Michael Wittmann's 007.
21/02/2018 22:06:22

Evening Ron,

Brilliant work mate....looks smashing, proper resultbeer

Si

Thread: Zvezda 1/35 Soviet T-35 Multi Turret Heavy
20/02/2018 21:34:19

Look forward to seeing this built...a proper beast in the evolution of tank design.

Si

Thread: British Armoured Car by RODEN No.734 in 1:72 (RAF100GB)
20/02/2018 19:19:04

Evening Steve,

I missed your final revealfrown....looking absolutely fab there mate, a real little gem and then you see it next to that penny and boom......the mind is blownsmile o!!

Excellent beer

Si

Thread: Show us your workbench
18/02/2018 18:57:18

Lee....i see what you did there, very cleverwink 2

We’ve had a lovely outcome on the thread....I know there are more of you still, waiting to share you benches.

So wether you build big, small, figures or aircraft....it would be great to see where you do ya businessface 20

Si

Thread: Panzer IV G Winterketten
18/02/2018 18:51:00

Hi Jon,

Nearly missed this! I do like the early Panzers so glad I caught your threadlaugh

Tracks look fab and make the IV looks stockier than normal. Got you bookmarked now so won’t miss a trickwink 2

Si

Thread: 1/24th Pz. II Ausf.F
18/02/2018 18:44:39

Evening John,

Bummer that the hair spray technique didn’t get a result you liked. Reading through it sounds like you did everything correctly.

I did it once on the exhaust of a Pz IV and it turned out ok, I used the method you described too.image.jpg

Respray is always a tuff decision but sometimes the only course of action left. I much prefer Sponge and brush if adding chipslaugh

Keep it coming matetea

Si

Thread: 2 StuGs and a Sturm-Infanteriegeschz 33 B 1942/3 Stalingrad (JR )
18/02/2018 18:30:04

Evening John,

Don’t you just love technology....turned my back on the PC years ago but still have one. Every time I do switch it on there are always the dreaded endless updates that take for ever before I can do anything angry 2 Glad you got it sorted.

The Pics the guys have tweaked really show how good your damage and destruction is...then adding the vehicles, even as they are, shows this is going to be a stunner when it’s donethumbs up top stuff sirbeer

Si

Thread: South West Model Show at Bovington Tank Museum
18/02/2018 13:59:36

Hi Dominic,

Thanks for taking the time to share you show footage thumbs up

As an owner of a 1/16 R/c tiger I, I would of enjoyed seeing the tanks especially laugh

Thanks again

Si

Thread: WW1 Mk 1 "Tadpole" (PL)
18/02/2018 13:56:50

Hi Peter,

Great subject and a lovely start already, can’t beat a bit of extra detail smile p...as has been said that mortar look superb to me me, top stuff!

Si

Thread: Dragon Nashorn kit 6001
18/02/2018 13:42:13

No worries matethumbs up

Thread: Revell Harbour Tug Boat
18/02/2018 11:58:08

Morning Jim,

Like I said to Scottie, you can’t rush a good thing. The time spent on things like the rowing boat and the upgrades to the tug are brilliant. And the stonework looks great under a coating of primer....can’t wait to see some colour... but all in good timethumbs up

Si

18/02/2018 11:50:22

Scottie, Hooch and Jim....

Thanks for your input gentsthumbs up

Hooch....I do laugh when is see this kits on eBay and the words ‘Rare’face 20 and the price people think they are worth!

You could buy the more recent Tamiya Nashorn for £30 odd! I do have the newer dragon Nashorn...**LINK** a far superior kit.

Jim...I brought the kit in 2010 but only started the build a few weeks ago....i know I’m not the fastest builder but I’m not that slowface 22 face 20!

Si

Thread: Just a Little Bit of Fun
18/02/2018 11:39:28

Morning Steve,

Cool project with these little oldies! Looks like the fun has already started so I’ll grab a chair next to captain scorch (JR)....I’ve got a bottle of water just in caseface 20

Si

17/02/2018 19:52:46

Hi Guys ,

As you will see I created this thread a few years ago now after buying the Nashorn kit on EBay.

Unsurprisingly, the kit sat gathering dust in the stash until recently when I thought, just build it for what it is!

Now I made a few tweaks to improve it using some references, but accurate it ain’t! What I did enjoy was scratch building a new jack, jack block and adding bolt heads, tie downs, tow cables and whatever else I felt like....

nash pic 1.jpg

nashpic2.jpg

I pushed on with it and got some paint on it and it’s very nearly complete and I’m reasonably happy with how it looks!

nashpic3.jpg

nashpic4.jpg

nashpic5.jpg

nashpic6.jpgI have some cammo net material to add round the barrel and some stowage to add interest.

So this dog of a kit can make a reasonable look alike after all! I’ll post up some finishing pictures soon

Thanks for looking in, and all comments welcome

Cheers

Si

Edited By Si Benson on 17/02/2018 20:17:00

Thread: Hobbyboss Vk 1601 Pz.kpfw. Ausf.J
17/02/2018 19:30:34

John, Jim, Steve....

Thanks for checking in, much appreciated thumbs up

Well it seems I need to pull my socks up and finish some of my builds....this one has been sitting around for way too long so....I spent a while yesterday getting on with the detail painting.

It was nice and sunny down here on the south coast today so I took a few pics outside this morning ...

vk1601pic3.jpg

vk1601pic2.jpg

vk1601pic1.jpg

I managed to replace the wonky decals with some dry rub version .

So hardly an amazing update but just enough to encourage me to finish this before Christmas comes round again face 20

Thanks for looking

Si

Edited By Si Benson on 17/02/2018 19:33:19

Thread: Braille Scale 2018 {ST}
16/02/2018 22:58:58

Simon,

I think John is onto something smile p .....Time for a new project maybequestion

Si

Thread: Lipstick on the pig Painting the barbarian
16/02/2018 22:51:13

Evening John,

I’m with Steve on the WoW!

Derek would appear quite active at the weekends compared to mostface 20

Simply brilliant sculpting and topped off with a tremendous paint job....looks fab on the base too.

5 star‘s all day longbeer

Si

Thread: 1/16 Fallschirmjager, Eben Emael
16/02/2018 18:50:07

Fantastic work Peter...

always a pleasure to see you do your thinglaugh

Si

Thread: M26 Dragon wagon {PS}
16/02/2018 18:44:08

Evening Scottie,

Another tantalising peek....your such a teasewink 2. Don’t worry about the timescale though....good things come to those who wait.

Your tackling this brilliantly mate, loving all the detailing upthumbs up

Si

Thread: Show us your workbench
12/02/2018 21:46:46

Well it Seems there is no lee-way from Jim, our officially licencended TBC adjudicator and chairman of the TBC’s West Midlands divisionface 20

Twice I tried for membership. I had the bench spotless for the inspection but failed the initiation ceremony.....both times i wimped out during the water boarding....face 7. it’s a tuff clubwink 2

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Parabellum
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Kingkit
HLJ February
Expo Tools July 14
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest