By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Si Benson

Here is a list of all the postings Si Benson has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Tristar Marder III Ausf. H (Desert GB 2018)
24/04/2018 14:42:55

Afternoon Scottie...glad you could make itlaugh

There might be a few dates left as long as John didn’t eat all of themwink 2

Si

24/04/2018 09:43:02

Morning John, It’s good to have you, but can you please take that camel outside face 20

Morning Jim, I certainly remember your build of this, and what a fantastic job you did toolaugh I have it bookmarked and was reading through it Sunday night...no doubt I’ll be going back again at some point thumbs up

Si

23/04/2018 21:48:42

Good evening gents,

May I present Tristars Marder III as my contribution to the Desert GB.

Had a good rummage through the stash and came out with a few worthy candidates. It was between the Marder, a PzIII, sdkfz 222 or the Tamiya British Lrdg Chevrolet....but this won out.

I’ve started a few bits already...once I’m underway a bit more I’ll post and update.

Si

Thread: Bronco 1:35th Scale ZiL 131V
23/04/2018 20:57:49

Evening Gary,

Glad your blogging this as I’ve drooled over it a few times when browsing for kits. That some impressive detail from Bronco. Certainly worth the pennies smile p

Nice clean startthumbs up

Si

Thread: Hobbyboss Vk 1601 Pz.kpfw. Ausf.J
23/04/2018 20:44:21

Evening Steve,

Thanks for checking, glad you like the little fellahlaugh.

If I’m honest, I think it was a lot of blind luck, I’m trying hard to replicate what I did...I’ll pop some pictures up of figure number 2 soon.

Glad you found some use from the Blitz blog....that’ll show up here soon for a bit of weathering.

Si

Thread: Ansars on a postcard (Desert GB 2018)
22/04/2018 22:23:10

Evening Tim,

Well this is something different from our Panthers and spitfires....excellent laugh

I think for the size these guys have some good details....I’ve not tried a wash on a figure but it looks to have worked nicely in bringing out that detailthumbs up

I’ll stand at the back near RSM race...(he has ginger nuts apparently disgust....the biscuits dammitface 20)

Si

Thread: Kettenkraftrad, 1/48scale ( Des GB18) JR
22/04/2018 21:52:17

Evening John,

Completely missed you sneaking this one out under the radarsmile o I like the ketten....looks cool!

Smashing start...and your giving us a base too....your spoiling us Johnlaugh

Got you bookmarked now so won’t miss a trick.

Si

22/04/2018 21:37:56

Hi Danny,

Don’t apologise mate, i find the site can get busy and it’s impossible to keep up with everything.

Loving your DAK dio by the way....I couldn’t believe the amount of figures you’ve had to paintdisgust top stuffthumbs up

Thanks for your very kind words matebeer

Si

Thread: V2 - Vengeance From Above
22/04/2018 19:36:42

Abend Allen,

Had a good catch up while on brake from garden duty (cold onewink 2)...and now another update! Great to see you've not been sitting on your hands and good work with the scratch bits....Time consuming work ehh!

Ill have to say its gonna take more than the JLC to correct the error of your waysface 20beer

Keep it coming buddy

Si

Thread: Herman Goering Division Tunisia (DESERT GB/2018)
22/04/2018 19:28:01

Evening Peter,

Well what can i say....utterly brilliantlaugh

Si

Thread: Liberation, Italy 1944
22/04/2018 19:24:29

Evening Tim,

The building and groundwork look brilliant already. Very impressivebeer

Si

22/04/2018 19:21:53

Wouter...of course i remember Michael M. Between him, Craig H and Carlos they gave me so much inspiration....and made me add too much to the stash face 20

Thanks for the link...already had a good look throughthumbs up

Scottie...Give it a go see how you get on. I'm pretty sure a man of your ability will get something from it!

Si

22/04/2018 16:09:55

Peter....you’ve made my daylaugh I’m glad you like my attempt, not a shadow on your fantastic work mind!

Jim....thank you mate. I’ve got a few trees in various stages of completion, great fun to make and really simple too!

Wouter....I find two kids tiresome sometimes. My eldest was a terrible sleeper, 4am wake ups where very common...thankfully Holly sleeps till 8am most mornings thumbs up I’ll give your button idea a try. With regards to highlights, I won’t lie it was pretty much trial and error, so the end result was a lot more luck than anything.

This was the first time I tried using a wet pallet though. And I went quickly working the highlights up before the previous coat had dried. I got more figures for this so Will be interesting to see if I can replicate the results dont know

Lars....thanks for you kind words buddythumbs up

Si

22/04/2018 09:31:48

Good morning Allen,

You are too kind mateembarrassed I spend a lot of time admiring Peters figure painting.

I spent the whole day adding, removing and re-doing. Still have shirt buttons and lapels but not sure of what colours they should be?

Si

Thread: BW in Afghanistan
22/04/2018 09:14:17

Fingers crossed....keep us posted matethumbs up

Si

22/04/2018 09:09:29

Hi Wouter,

Good to see you, hope you and the family are well. Thanks for the kind wordslaugh

Normally I avoid figures, but thought I’d push myself a bit....you can’t get better without practice!

Si

Thread: Military Modelling Vol.48 Issue 5
22/04/2018 09:02:12

Well done for getting your work into the Magazine Stevethumbs up

Si

21/04/2018 17:23:48

Sorry Scottie, missed you there.

If I'm honest..... I am happy with figure so far...still learning tho!

Easily one of my best to datelaugh​ Thanks for the thumbs upbeer

Si

21/04/2018 17:20:59

found more pictureslaugh

Some oil/fuel barrels chipped and weathered...

barrels.jpg

Panzershrek. ammo and some half painted bottles...complete with carry home packwink

baz.jpg

Trees... made from twisted wire.

tree1.jpg

tree2.jpg

started to beef them out. Waiting for foliage!

base.jpg

finally everything slung on the base. Here ive painted the roof of shed/outhouse and added more to the tree trunks. Painted the base with cheap acrylics to see how it looks painted. it will have grassy patches in time.

I'm still really new to this , but hope you can see where I'm goingdont know​..

all comments/advice welcome

Si

21/04/2018 16:50:07

fternoon gent,

A little progress to share with you ​....just to prove I haven't curled up and diedface 20

I had a go at painting one of the inhabitants. Still have some touching up to do and some more kit to add, but I think I'm going in the right direction?

e1d868e3-ec93-46d8-825c-90f12d8138f1.jpeg

I have some more pictures somewhere but cant seem to find themdont know

BRB

Si

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
HLJ February
Kingkit
Expo Tools July 14
Parabellum
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest