By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Si Benson

Here is a list of all the postings Si Benson has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Armour collection.
23/05/2017 14:23:51

Hi Steve,

Nice looking build...looks good as a UN vehicle. Congrats on the awards for itbeer

Si

Thread: I'm going on Stryke...again!
20/05/2017 21:01:13

Evening Al,

You ought to be a very happy chap...getting this shelf queen moving again and also getting that armour all the round and lining upsmile o....makes me sweat just looking at it!

Paintwork looks great on vehicle and stowage (an absolute must on a Stryker!) ....nice job with the filth toothumbs up...Looking very good mate!

Si

Thread: Greetings from Portsmouth, UK
20/05/2017 18:22:17

Hi Clive,

Welcome to the forum...it's a great to place to learn and share your work.

Hopefully you'll find the vast majority of us friendly and helpful....and if you'd like help with something in particular, just ask!

If you shout your questions loud enough, I might hear yer as I'm in the next county over, West Sussexface 20

Look forward to seeing you around the placebeer

Si

Thread: A bit of Flak (AAGB)
20/05/2017 10:21:39

Morning John,

Loving the paintwork and additional filth....looking really nice thumbs up

Si

Thread: A extra build to keep me sane, Tamiya PZ IV with PE zimmerit
20/05/2017 09:33:51

Morning Bob,

Looks like a quick, easy build (famous last words smile o) I've purchased numerous 'simple' kits for quick mojo fix over the years....some I actually buildwink 2

Keep it rolling mate...

Si

Thread: Resources
20/05/2017 09:08:46

Morning James,

I can only agree with Alan's sentiment, practice and experience is key. Take this from someone that has brought over £100 worth of how to books over the years.

I see many of the more modern books that seem to just showcase the talents of fashionable modellers rather than teach you anything!

One piece of advice given to me was to choose one medium....acrylic, oils or enamels and master it before trying another!

Hope this helps

Si

Thread: Hi from Canada
19/05/2017 15:59:19

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum....you seem to enjoy a good range of modelling subjects, look forward to seeing you aroundbeer

Si

Thread: (AAGB17) Sdkfz.7/1 quad Flak38 {ST}
18/05/2017 09:54:33

Morning so Simon,

Not looked in for ages....excellent work as expectedbeer

It certainly seems like there will be a lot more work required to tart up this oldie....carry onwink 2

Si

Thread: Out of office
18/05/2017 09:43:29

congratulations Sjors,

A fantastic time in any family.... I have fond memories of my two when they were so small and cuddlyface 23

Best whishes to all the familylaugh

Si

Thread: Stug fest rebooted
10/05/2017 18:49:07

Afternoon Bob,

Wow that's a proper fancy post header....very poshwink 2

Great to see you mojo is still at full boil and bubbling over, I'll grab a chair next to John right at the front.

Si

Thread: IBG 1/72 Type 94 "KT" tankette
10/05/2017 15:32:02

Hi Nick,

Bit late to the party so just catching up. Tankett looking good in this setting...ill have to keep an eye on this and watch what you do next....your mini scenes always turn up trumpsthumbs up

Si

Thread: The Crazy Eighty Eight AAGB17
09/05/2017 22:05:18

Hi Bobby,

Look like you've made a neat job of the build and the photoetch pieces will only add to it.

I'm ashamed to say I binned my tamiya 88 mid build thinking it was just a naff kit....turns out it was my patience and building skills were naff insteadface 20

Si

Thread: THE REFURB ( JR )
09/05/2017 21:50:16

Alan....smart looking Hut, got me thinking about the space at the bottoms of my gardensmile p

John, coming along very nicely....looking like a professional job! I remember having to get my big bruv round to help me with plaster boards when I did my kitchen ceiling....almost impossible by yourself!

My boarding was nowhere near as neat as yours but I had a very good plasterer....70 and still plastering...required a lot of tea thoface 20

Si

Thread: Just when you thought it couldnt get any worse
09/05/2017 21:33:03

Mike,

Sorry to hear of your loss...it's never easy when we have to say goodbye to our canine companions.

Hope your health issue is remedied soon...all the best

Si

Thread: Volvo G930 Motorised Medium Grader
08/05/2017 21:57:24

Hi Steve,

Very difficult to say something that hasn't already been said! A well deserved congrats on your awardsbeer

Si

Thread: Achtung Flugzeug! (AAGB17)
08/05/2017 20:27:54

Evening Fernando,

You've made a great job of this Tamiya golden oldie and the base is looking superbthumbs up

Very nice indeedbeer

Si

Thread: digital caliper
07/05/2017 09:27:37

Hi Patrick,

In my limited experience, accuracy is a fluid measurementface 20...often with technical dimension you'll see +\- somewhere in the small print! So ball park measurements are not uncommon...however proper use of equipment such as a calliper will make thing more accurate.

When you start going precision engineering the tolerances get a lot tighter and mm become microns...so decent quality measuring equipment and training on using them becomes vital!

Something I always remember being told jokingly is that a cabinet maker will work to with a half mm, a joiner to within a mm, a carpenter to within an inchwink

I use a digital calliper at work a fair amount but i see other people using them incorrectly a lot. I won't preach how measuring should be done as I'm no expert only self taught and will work to the nearest .5mm.

I have a set of these at work and at home and find them to be particularly good....but certainly not cheap.

I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for in some instances...

image.jpeg

Beware eBay is full of them but unlikely they are genuine?

Si

Thread: AV Vinyl Tracks
07/05/2017 08:37:27

Morning Robert,

Some great advice from John regarding the assembling of individual link track....but your question asks what are vinyl tracks like. Are you thinking of replacing the kit supplied individual track with aftermarket vinyl tracks?

Si

Thread: HMS King George V passing the North Cape,heading for Murmansk.
06/05/2017 15:26:22

Hi Ron,

Your usual excellent work and clever photography had me And Mrs B completely fooled into thinking it was a real pic!

Brilliant thumbs up

Si

Thread: Get well soon Mike Durnford
06/05/2017 10:43:46

Sorry to read your unwell Mike,

Hope you're not away from the bench for too long!

All the best

Si

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Battlegate
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Kingkit
HLJ Mar 2017
Parabellum
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest