By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ross Moore

Here is a list of all the postings Ross Moore has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Braille Scale 2018 {ST}
07/01/2018 08:31:43

Simon

Nice start to the year and just enough extra's added to it to ease your way into a new year of building.

cheers

Rossco

Thread: Sd.Kfz 251/16 Ausf.D Flammpanzerwagen
07/01/2018 08:26:49

Still more work to be done cleaning up the gaps and correcting the profile.

sd kfz 251 4.jpg

sd kfz 251 4a.jpg

sd kfz 251 4b.jpg

cheers

Rossco

07/01/2018 06:18:33

John H, thanks mate, I'll believe you mate, yeah the build up of the sides to get the correct shape involves a few parts which didn't seem to fit too neatly.

Paul, yeah I built the Tamiya one a couple of years ago and it's typical Tamiya, I'm glad to hear you had fit problems as well, I thought it was down to me not getting things 100%. Still I will put a bit down as me smiley.

John R, thanks, you and me both, I don't think I would've liked to be in something with so much flammerable material around.

Jim, cheers mate, hope so.

Steve, laugh, I use what used to be my old computer desk as a bench, on top of that I put a large beach towel, over the beach towel goes the paper, when I finish a build I remove everything fold up the newspapers and throw them away and a new set goes down, keeps every thing clean and makes it a bit easier to find those dratted small bits that tend to shoot off. It takes about 6 double sheets to cover the work area so papers tend to last a long time.

I've given the outside a hit with primer, to see what more work needs to be done on the gap filling, other than that I've just finished the first stage of weathering on the tracks. I'll get some piccy's up when things dry.

cheers

Rossco

05/01/2018 22:57:14

Well as I said I have had some fit issues, so I've been working and still am on fixing that up, also I've got the tracks ready for some weathering.

sd kfz 251 3.jpg

sd kfz 251 3a.jpg

sd kfz 251 3b.jpg

cheers

Rossco

30/12/2017 09:01:34

Paul, yes very crowded with lots of little bits that come loose every time I try to add the sides.

Steve, better late than never mate. Welcome.

Scottie, cheers mate, good to be back putting glue to plastic again.

John H, very small mate but surprisingly easy to put together.

Richard, cheers mate, it's summer again, so time to stay indoors.

cheers

Rossco

Thread: Henschel 33 D1 Kfz.72 Radio Truck & Sd.Ah 24 Generator
29/12/2017 05:03:17

Ron

Great detail as we have come to expect from you, I received the Krupp version for Christmas so watching with more than a passing interest.

cheers

Rossco

Thread: Hello from DC
29/12/2017 04:53:39

Welcome Ralph

MM is a great site, everybody here is generous and supportive and no questions you ask are silly. The site is also pretty broad covering all types of Military hardware, so don't hesitate to show us your aircraft builds as well as your armour.

cheers

Rossco

29/12/2017 04:41:55

John R, wish I could mate, we could certainly spare at least 5 degrees to send your way.

John H, some Dragon kits do have figures, which is always a nice surprise when you open the box. You could probably fill a year or more of just building the different variants of the 251.

sd kfz 251 2.jpg

sd kfz 251 2a.jpg

sd kfz 251 2c.jpg

With careful application of the glue, the tracks are fully workable.

sd kfz 251 2b.jpg

cheers

Rossco

28/12/2017 10:30:28

Hi Jim

Hope you and yours had a good one as well mate, yeah it's a bit hot, came back from my mum's on Christmas day and the house was so hot, it cooked a couple of my tropical fish. You getting snow over there?

Yes the figures come with the kit, ones normal kit plastic the other two are that rubbery stuff Dragon uses for some of their figures. You read my mind, the box art scheme is what I will be going for.

Getting some fit issues which is probably down to me not having things 100% lined up correctly.

cheers

Rossco

Thread: LAV-R (EngGB17) {ST}
26/12/2017 07:59:30

Simon

Looks pretty good to me mate, hope you have a safe and Merry Christmas.

cheers

Rossco

Thread: Your Best Build of 2017
26/12/2017 07:57:38

Hi Guys

Well with only 3 complete builds for 2017, not a lot to choose from but this little Panhard had to be my favourite.

panhard 10bb.jpg

cheers

Rossco

Thread: 122 {ST}
26/12/2017 07:50:13

Simon

No slicing and dicing? Still you will have to add some improvements, which I see you already have started. I'll stick my head in every now and then.

cheers

Rossco

26/12/2017 07:47:10

Hi Guys

Well after a very barren year, build wise I got the Mojo back and decided to finish something that was started awhile ago.

First up where I got to before calling it.

sd.kfz 251 a.jpg

They did finish up being painted.

sd.kfz.251 b.jpg

sd.kfz.251 c.jpg

sd.kfz.251d.jpg

I did get the floor on but no pics.

Here's where I'm at atm.

sd kfzz 251 1d.jpg

sd kfz 251 1b.jpg

sd kfzz 251 1a.jpg

sd kfz 251 1a.jpg

It's drying under a coat of Future atm prior to some weathering being added internally. Had to amputate the figures feet to get him to fit but you can't see that, so it didn't happen wink.

I'd heard stories about the cotton tubing stuff, so I threaded some lead wire down the centre which gave something solid to glue to the plastic and should be malleable enough to fit into whatever shape is needed later on. Seems to be holding up ok so far.

Wheels up next.

cheers

Rossco

Thread: Latest Acquisitions 2017
12/09/2017 12:06:55

Well for my latest birthday, my wife surprised me with this.

big tank.jpg

She has also laid down the law, saying it has to be built, so to stay healthy I better build it, though I have no idea of where I'm going to be able to keep the thing once built, it's over 2 meters long.

cheers

Rossco

Thread: Eduard Airco DH.2 1/48 (BiplaneGB17)
12/09/2017 12:00:16

Jim

Been lurking over the winter months, watching the build progress, some very nice work and the figure is great.

cheers

Rossco

Thread: Wild Weasel Viper
12/09/2017 11:58:17

Fernando

Great build mate, love these planes.

cheers

Rossco

Thread: By bye for now, Stugs rule ok
12/09/2017 11:55:05

Hi Bob

Sorry to hear about the health problems but good choice to decide to build at your own pace and for yourself, do please show us the finished results though when you get them to that stage.

cheers

Rossco

Thread: The sign said 1.5 not 15 Ton.
12/09/2017 11:51:09

Keith

Been lurking along watching the build progress, have to say brilliant work.

cheers

Rossco

Thread: Me109 E
23/05/2017 10:06:55

Mick

Top job mate,

cheers

Rossco

Thread: Trumpeter, 3.7cm Flak 43 Flakpanzer IV " Ostwind "(AAGB 17 )
23/05/2017 10:05:51

John, liking the paint work and chipping mate.

cheers

Rossco

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Kingkit
HLJ December
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Hobbylink November 2
Parabellum
Expo Tools July 14
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for £3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest