By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Perry Rowe

Here is a list of all the postings Perry Rowe has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Scale Model World, Telford
15/11/2017 21:47:42
Posted by jimbo on 11/11/2017 18:11:12:

Just back home. Seemed to be even busier than usual. Some real eye candy around. Met quite a few MilMod members and enjoyed a chat and a laugh. As usual the car parking was a $*&£(*7!!!!! angry 2 The Telford Centre car park was full by 9.30! Got what I wanted and also a load of stuff I didn't even know I needed until I saw it face 20

Jim

I went Sunday. £1 to park for the day across the road.

Thread: Sherman Tank
05/10/2017 23:08:16

The Bronco kits are totally inaccurate pieces of poo and lack many of the extra bits as well. The biggest problems are that they model the M2 which wasn't available until post war, and they couldn't even get the panel size right. angry 2

I blogged a scratchbuild here if you do a search, and the mistakes are discussed.

Thread: Bending tracks?
05/10/2017 23:03:26

I used the saw on the lengths and this is how it turned out...img_0014.jpg

Not bad I thought.

On the other side was where all the hard work had to happen though:

img_0004.jpg

I think it came out well. I have some more work to do to weather the tracks, etc, and nothing is glued down yet. Incidentally the piece of poo is supposed to be a smokescreen. teeth 2

The scene is based on a photograph taken in Cassino.

Thread: Modeler Input Sought for New Colors to be Added
13/09/2017 13:27:49
Posted by Peter Gillson on 13/09/2017 09:44:55:

The one area where there is surprisingly little is that of WW1/2 Allied Uniform colours, and it is that area which I would suggest should be your next focus.

+1

Thread: Why has the "Question of taste" thread been locked without explanation?
09/09/2017 17:20:57

I respect the role the moderator has - about as thankless as a football referee! All I suggested was that the reason for closing was posted on the same thread, a purely procedural matter. I hope that didn't cause the offence that Martyn has taken, and indeed he did seem to think it appropriate.

Likewise I don't mind that Chas asked for the thread to be closed, though it does raise a a wider question of who does own a thread once it has been created, since there are many contributors past the first, and removing the OP would also remove content 'owned' by these other contributors. (Ref the argument over the Huffington Post.) However, that's something for the moderators to ponder, and perhaps the code of conduct to codify. This particular one had taken a rather unusually philosophical turn but that seems to have caused more bemusement than offence. I certainly didn't see anything abusive either there or here (unless comments had been removed), and it was a long way from whatever that rule states about the mention of Hitler. Nor am I sure that it was as far from the original post as Chas thinks - the points made were perhaps just a little too... theoretical... for the thread. For some reason I was reminded of Monty Python's "What we need is an Art Critic" line.

At any rate, the referee moderator has made his decision, and that's what we should abide by.

Perry

09/09/2017 13:10:22

Perhaps that reason should have been posted to the thread before locking it? Then those reading it through would know without having to come to this one!

20/08/2017 23:26:50

Carefully sawing the inside gave a pretty good sag to the good side (only one unintended break) so I will continue to practice the method. The existing individual links should give me the tighter bends I need. Fingers crossed.

Thread: Sherman Tank
20/08/2017 23:23:58

When you've finished your 1/12th bridge, any chance you could scale it down to 1/35?

13/08/2017 10:22:39

Thanks both.

They are indeed link and length as you say Simon. I shall try some careful sawing on a short length first.

12/08/2017 22:58:05

Hi

Could someone advise how I can bend the runs of tracks in my PzIV kit? I am trying to show a shed track and need to have S-shaped runs and some serious sags. I tried steam but the plastic doesn't seem to get soft enough.

Perry

Thread: Wanted: 1/76 (or 1/72) 15th PzDiv decals
26/07/2017 21:32:29

Sorry, yes. It's the star marking that is trickiest to find...

star

25/07/2017 22:36:44

Hi

The old Bison decal sheet 72016 has these so if anyone has that sheet and can spare the 15th PzD section, or if such markings came with any other kit (Airfix?) I'd be mightily obliged if I could beg, buy, steal, or swap them.

Perry

Thread: 1/32 SU-30 Flanker
20/03/2017 21:48:38
Posted by Scottie on 20/03/2017 21:30:41:

Nice build. What is the item around the nose wheel? a lot of Russian aircraft have them.

Scottie

Parking clamp. Leave it on the airstrip without one and next morning its gone.

Thread: Haynes Tiger manual
05/02/2017 18:42:30

It wouldn't happen to show the underside of the turret floor plate would it?

Perry

Thread: " Dusty Bin " ( GB SSGB17 ) JR .
07/01/2017 18:56:30

Those panzernest were quite common at Cassino (Italy, 1944). The tow bar is often mistaken for a barrel.

Thread: Popski's jeep in 1/24th scale
05/01/2017 22:23:16

I haven't made any progress on this project, but found these 3D printed figs on Shapeways. They are in US dungarees but I'm hoping I can tweak them enough to pass as Popski's lot. A beret will be a good start! I'm not sure what the guy on the left will end up doing...

img_1396.jpg

Thread: Liberation, Italy 1944
02/01/2017 11:35:42

Si, you'll break his heart!

Thread: M19 Diamond T Tank Transporter
07/12/2016 16:35:18

Is the kit still available?

Thread: Time to Hand on the Reins...
03/12/2016 23:01:10

Thanks for your work Robin, and good luck for the future.

Perry

Thread: Mojo Vanished................
03/12/2016 22:56:04

Hi Dave

I trawl the op shops so end up with a random kit. Latest is three Airfix dinosaurs!

A break won't do any harm and there's no point in forcing it.

Have a good Christmas.

Perry

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Kingkit
HLJ December
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Hobbylink November 2
Parabellum
Expo Tools July 14
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for £3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest