By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Andy Smith 1

Here is a list of all the postings Andy Smith 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: By bye for now, Stugs rule ok
10/09/2017 19:38:51

StuGmeister.......NOOOOO... say it aint so surprise!!

Please don`t go into hiding!.... I understand it must be very difficult keeping your pecker up,with all of the health issues you`re going throughdisgust,HOWEVER,WE,(Your milmod buddies),can help you throug,willlh the low times.....and,through our,(or basically MY!!),inane comments,can surely encourage a smile on that ugly Welsh mug of yours ehface 20face 20face 20?!!!

Seriously though mate,i hope you and Sue are back on top form,(As well as can be expected of coursethinking), don`t be a stranger Sir......... You,after all,have been a stallwart of this great site,from my joining daysthumbs up!!

Take care Mate,will talk soon!

Cheers,

Andy

Thread: Mitsubishi A6M3 Zero Fighter
08/09/2017 18:05:04

Evenin` D.D.!!(Sure i`ve seen your stuff on other siteswink 2)

Not into planes myself,but i do enjoy seeing a good un.......and this certainly fits the billsmile d!!

That camo is quite tricky to replicate eh?..... especially by brushdisgust!! All looking good though Buddy!

Cheers

Andy,

(You Tease you!!fistface 20!!)

Thread: Eduard Airco DH.2 1/48 (BiplaneGB17)
08/09/2017 17:12:59

JIM!!!

WOW Sir,that`s a superb figure there,and in the scale...... even more impressivesmile d,

He does have that Character from "The Fast Show",look about him,the Toff...... "Me,Left alone in the Nurse`s Dormitory ...... What ARE they thinking of?!!" face 20face 20face 20

Excellent work indeed matethumbs up,

Cheers,

Andy

Thread: HobbyBoss 1/35 M35 Mittlere Panzerwagen
07/09/2017 16:16:51

A`noon Dave,

Blimey..... you certainly didn`t hang around on this one ehsmile o?!!

Liked the look of this kit from the start,and now,seeing it built up,it`s shot to the top of my "Wanted" list!

A few fit issues i see,but hey..... that`s all part of the challenge nerd.Nice stuff matethumbs up,you`ve definitely been banging them out at some rate this year!!

Cheers,

Andy

Thread: Stug III Ausf G in Italy 1944
07/09/2017 15:51:24

A`noon Tim,

Been watching this from the shadows,gotta say it`s coming along very nicely,some great touches on the interior`s paintwork matethumbs up.

The StuG is,without a doubt my favourite German AFV of WW2...... there`s just a different "menacing" and "meaness" about them compared to other Tanks etcnerd,

Anyway,great stuff indeed,i look forward to seeing this progress.

Cheers,

Andy

Thread: Sd.Kfz.11 C`mon,we ALL know these eh?!!
06/09/2017 20:33:37

..... Back!!......

Right then,before the pics,i`d like to address all the "Lurkers" who may be looking in,(Although that sounds a bit sinister to medisgust,why you can`t just be called "occasional viewers",i don`t knowface 22!!), in response to an ongoing thread at the mo. DON`T be put off by my "POST COUNT"..... that just means i talk too much! Also,the "PHOTO COUNT"....... just take a look at the one`s coming up,(and in my "Albums" if you like),..... and you`ll see it means NOTHING ......yeah,quite a few picssmile o........ but i`m still crap!! So don`t hide.......JOIN IN thumbs up!!

(That was a partyparty broadcast from Smythe Towersface 20face 20face 20),

The COMPLETED build....Side view.....

img_2727.jpg

Various stages of painting/weathering already going on,but only due to build process,next......

img_2728.jpg

Arse end there......and a very happy Smithy with just dropping on the load bed and all brackets touchingrose!!

img_2741.jpg

Down the tother side there,and now we move around to the front......

img_2745.jpg

Well,ok,not EXACTLY the front...... but it is the other frontface 22!! Finally,("Thank God for that", i can hear you all sayface 20) not only the head on pic,BUT..... the WORST pic!!!!

img_2748.jpg

So there you have it,it`s been a pleasure of a kit to build...... now it`s just left to me to completely ruin it with my painting!!!devil

Thanks for looking in,and as ever,any thoughts,tips,or good old abuse is totally welcomedthumbs up

Andy

06/09/2017 20:01:07

Evenin` Guys,

Well,can hardly believe it,BUT,the build is FINISHED ..... and quite a few bits left over for the Spares Box,mostly a complete exhaust system and a a load of stuff for a Cab....... seats,dash,clocks etcthumbs up, some pics to follow before the weathering and detail painting startssmile p. Firstly though....

Dirk,Thanks mate,it won`t be long nowteeth 2!

Scottie(Dawg),Cheers Buddy,the plaudits go to the kit itself ,not me mindwink 2!

Mr.R. Thank youSir,went through the middle of the Track,top and bottom,then tied the cotton offthumbs up.

Bobby,Thanks Buddy,yep,some sort of Dio..... not sure what yet thoughdont know!

Steve,Cheers mate,a figure or two yes,which ones?..... Depends on the Dio reallythinking!

Bill, `ere,that`s proper nice of ya me ansomebeer!

..... Next up,the pic update of completed assembly..... the load bed is just resting on there for effect!....

..... TBC.......

Thread: Forum
06/09/2017 19:36:43

What Si saidteeth 2......... completely agreethumbs up!!

Andy

05/09/2017 20:09:16

HA!!

Yes,I agree Alan......... on BOTH counts!!

Andy

Thread: Revell Sdkfz 251/3
05/09/2017 17:05:38

Andy,

Liking this a LOT mate,great touches so farthumbs up,

I have a real hankering for this 251 range of Half Tracks,watching all the the waynerd!!

Cheers,

Andy

Thread: Treating Etch parts
04/09/2017 19:42:41

WOW!!! A fantastic "Think Tank" of the Site`s heavy weights,on this subject eh Guys?!!thumbs up

Really appreciate ALL of your thoughts and method suggestions,and of course for taking the time to actually post them up...... TOP TEAM teeth 2,

Simon,That`s pretty much how i`ve done it in the past,but the odd Malfunction popped up every now and then,probably more due to me messing it updisgust!!

Si,Great idea there Buddy,tried it - to the letter,all good....... until i got to the baking stagesmile othinking!!

Dave,Annealing has led to disaster in the past for me! Cocktail sticks and CA,i agree,is the way to go Sirthumbs up

Scottie,(DAWG), Nice tip on the needle there Bud....... and about removing some paintteeth 2,

Steve,AH,I see you go down the "Hubble Bubble,Toil and Trouble" route eh? WELL,Rach,(Or the High Priestess of Smythe Towers),Likes that idea mateface 20! BUT.....HOW VERY DARE YOU ........."If you have any left"disgust...... How on EARTH am i supposed to know that ....... you KNOW that Matron holds the Cabinet keysteethcrying!!

Mr.R.Mate,Rach gets nervous if i just pick up a lighter.....God knows what`d happen if i ran around the Parish brandishing my Gas Soldering Iron!!face 22disgust,

John,Some simple,sound,and very practical details there Sir,much appreciated! I think i`ll try and add some "Gel" type glue to my arsenal!!thumbs up,

Dave,AHA..... Another "Heathen" eh......FANTASTICyes!...... Me too mateembarrassed,I like your Bisto Lid idea,and will nick that from you if that`s ok......Not your actual Lid,just the idea BTWface 20face 20,

Appreciate ALL the posts Guys...... Milmod United Eh?smile d

Cheers,

Andy

03/09/2017 15:42:59

A`noon Everyone,

Just want to pick your collective Brains if i maywink 2,

I have a flat "Etch" Grille for my Little half Track.It`s made of the Silver material,and is,as yet totally untouched.

I need to attach it to the,already painted,plastic bonnet and cross member. ALL surfaces are flat,so no bending,or awkward angles to contend withthumbs up.

My questions are.....

1,What treatments do you recommend for the Etch part,........cleaning it up,type of primer/paint etc.

2. What type of glue is the best for Etch to painted up plastic,remembering that it is a Grille,hence i don`t want to be clogging up the holes in it!

Any thoughts much appreciated,

Thanks for looking in,

Cheers,

Andy

Thread: Pz.Kpfw VI Tiger I early version Fujimi 1:72
03/09/2017 15:29:24

FANTASTIC stuff Stevethumbs up,

Followed this all the way from the cheap seats,and thoroughly enjoyed every updatenerd! You`ve certainly ended up with a cracking looking Tiger,all the better due to your own hard work Buddy!

Really looking forward to the paint stagessmile p.

Simply superb work,well done matebeer!

Cheers,

Andy

Thread: Sd.Kfz.11 C`mon,we ALL know these eh?!!
02/09/2017 18:29:42

AH,that`s better...... `ere we go......

So then,it was about time i shovelled on a few of the liddle bits,Head lights,mirror,Notek,and Rad.....

img_2703.jpg

Oh yeah,forgot to mention that front plate thing! Next i thought of tackling the track sag-using cottonwink 2......

img_2712.jpg

Not great,but best i can do because the Cab is already on!face 22..... It`s better than it was mind!....and now......

img_2714.jpg

Well,I know that by the time these things were produced,the Germans were running out of materials,but,REALLY....NO ENGINE ?!!smile o, now i know that WE all know,German engineering is 2nd to none.... but surely even THEY couldn`t get away with that?face 20face 20face 20 Next up,the bit i was worried about.......

img_2719.jpg

As i expected,it`s not a great fit,(I`d imagine it`s partly due to me embarrassed),so then...... Cement mixer out,and breaker at the readyface 20..... But,just to show it`s NOT all bad news........

img_2722.jpg

It`s kinda looking ok really,No great shakes with what needs doing! In fact,there are only a couple of steps left of the buildbeer!! Then i can really Bugger it up improve it with the stages of paint/weatheringnerd

Thanks for looking in,as always,any thoughts or abuse is VERY welcomed!!

Cheers,

Andy

02/09/2017 17:53:21

..... Cont`d.....

Allen,Not me this time Buddy-i used a rattle can,(Tamiya),for the base coat,the kit is so small that it was just stress free! The Speedo issue is simply me being dumbembarrassed, It`s not a decal,none were provided,so i hand painted my own version.....and obviously got it wrongface 22....... Don`t matter tho`...... cos you can`t see ANY of it now!!disgust

Mr.R. Yes Sir......That`s a great ideathumbs up! Maybe we could all chip with a story too....... I love hearing about people`s experiences teeth 2!!

Bill, Indeed i did mate...... Just didn`t want to confuse the masseswink 2!! Nice to see you`re on the case mindthumbs up!

Jim,Why Thank you Sir,much appreciatedteeth 2,i`m looking forward to working further on the overall effectssmile p!!

...... Well,after all that,i need a lie down,Rolly,and a Zider...... will post up my update soon.......

......TBC........

02/09/2017 17:39:26

Blimey!!..... What a responsedisgust!!

Thanks guys,i`ve made some progress,but firstly.....

Karl,Good to see you mate,and thanks very muchthumbs up,

Scottie,(DAWG!!), Thanks for thatteeth 2,....Oh yes indeed Bud...... it took a couple of centuries to build Plymouth into Mega City Onerose...... unfortunately the City`s planners seem hell bent on wrecking the place in double quick timeteeth!!

Tim,Cheers buddy,probably more of a shed than a greenhouseface 20!!

Si,HA!! Yes,probably on both counts!! The mojo is HIGH on this onewink 2

John,Glad you approve Sirteeth 2,and thank you! Where have you been recently BTW?thinking,

Paul,Cheers Bud,always great to see you pop inthumbs up,

Steve,Thanks mate,appreciated! Yep,it`s been lovely down this part of the world ehrose?..... The Moors is ALWAYS a good trip-we`re so lucky to have them on our doorstepface 23!!

Bobby,Hey Bud!!.... What a great story there..... really enjoyed thatthumbs up..... when i was little,my Dad was a "Water Fairy"..... involved in the "Banana Boat" explosion in Plymouth Docks,(mid to early 70`s),a few of his mates had their legs blown off when the Deck shattered...... still remember his grief to this daysad rose!!

Fernando,Thank you mate,much appreciatedteeth 2,YES.....Staples are a good way to go!!

...... TBC.........

Thread: M47 Patton (Italeri)
02/09/2017 15:53:06

Yep,get`s my vote!!

Very nice indeed Jamesthumbs up, I think the colour looks good too!

Cheers,

Andy

Thread: Old Wings of the Fleet (Bi-plane GB)
02/09/2017 15:03:24

A`noon Bobby,

What a fabulous job you`ve made of that Sir,looks stunningsmile d!!

It`s impressive enough for a 1/35th,but considering it`s braille,it`s even more mind bogglingthumbs up! Well done indeed mate!

Cheers,

Andy

Thread: 2017 Biplane Group Build (BiplaneGB17)
01/09/2017 19:41:09

BOBBY!!!!

That`s AWESOME matesmile d!!

Well done indeed Sirthumbs up!

Cheers,

Andy

Thread: 1,561 Tough Marines. But right now, they all just want to curl up and die!
01/09/2017 18:31:08

mask3.jpg

RON!!!!! That is a cracking Dio there ..... it`s all been said by the guys,but i gotta add my groats worth.....

....As usual,the seascape is awesome mate,you really have mastered that effect to a "T" thumbs up, so much so,that it takes the eyes away from the actual buildsmile o...... again,when looked at on it`s own,the Ship is a very nicely detailed modelnerd!! I can look at these pics over and over,they really are convincing ......... in fact i`ve just GOTTA tell my workshop Buddy Mortdog......

"Hey Mort,come and look at this.......what you think of THAT then?" ...........

img_2450.jpg

........."Yeah,it`s good Dad,but can`t you see i`m busyface 17"

Hmmmm,sorry bout that Ronembarrassed,

Anyway...... TOP TOP work Matey!!!!

Cheers,

Andy

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Kingkit
Parabellum
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
HLJ Oct
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for £3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest