An IDF AMX-13/75

built straight out of the box

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
John Prigent15/03/2017 08:48:38
2988 forum posts
670 photos
6 articles

Is this good news or bad news? I've backordered a replacement kit, so when it comes into stock I'll be building a new turret to finish this blog. Good news for those who liked it, bad news for those who'd rather see me start a new one wink 2.

Cheers. John

john hutton15/03/2017 17:04:30
3952 forum posts
1582 photos

John,

That is a flippin shame abut the model crying 2, but the Silver linning is Harry seems to have not done himself too much damage dog. It would seem to me if you are buying a new kit then a full build is the way to go wink 2.

John.

John Prigent15/03/2017 18:32:14
2988 forum posts
670 photos
6 articles

Oh, I don't need to do another full build John; I put the undamaged hull aside while I thought about it. So making a replacement turret shouldn't take me too long - I've already got the assembly worked out, after all.

Cheers, John

Scottie15/03/2017 19:24:55
5049 forum posts
743 photos
1 articles

John,

​Sorry to hear about the miss hap. Is there a vehicle that uses the hull that you could scratch something from a recovery version?

Scottie

Si Benson15/03/2017 20:24:44
3340 forum posts
843 photos

Hi John,

I was just spending a quite evening catching up only to then read the AMX was knocked out!

Glad you've got a plan to recover and repairthumbs up

Si

John Prigent15/03/2017 20:50:07
2988 forum posts
670 photos
6 articles

Alas, there doesn't seem to be a use for my 'spare hull' Scottie. But I'll keep it just in case I find one.

Cheers, John

John Prigent20/03/2017 11:45:48
2988 forum posts
670 photos
6 articles

And my new kit is on its way from Hannants! So in a few days I'll be able to restart this blog with a replacement turret (please don't run away screaming disgust).

Cheers, John

John Race20/03/2017 22:55:05
4685 forum posts
1106 photos

Right,..... great news John, I will make my way back to my seat then, minding the dog s on the way.

John.

John Prigent22/03/2017 14:48:05
2988 forum posts
670 photos
6 articles

And the new kit has just arrived! So I'll get to work on its turret and get back to where I was in this blog. Hmm, where was I? I'll have to read it myself to find out crook!

Cheers, John

jimbo22/03/2017 15:13:44
12770 forum posts
2371 photos

Hi John

You can't stay cross with someone as cute as Harry for long. I am sure that anyone who has ever had a dog could tell a tale or two of destruction thinking We once took in a stray, the vet said it was a probably a Collie/German Shepherd cross We called her Abby and she turned into a brilliant, well behaved, loyal friend but in the first week we had her she 'ate' an armchair. Well not actually 'ate' it but was quite content to just remove all the stuffing and scatter it around the lounge. She had to tear off most of the fabric to get at the stuffing! My son wrote a poem for a school English assignment called "The Two Piece Suite" about the incident. I seem to remember he got a B+ for it face 20

Anyway John, I digress. I am glad that the new kit has arrived and this great build can rise, Phoenix like, and continue. You progress to date has been stunning - very neat and well thought out.

Jim

Hope the wrist gets sorted OK

Edited By jimbo on 22/03/2017 15:15:16

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Kingkit
Parabellum
HLJ Mar 2017
Battlegate
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest