By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

120mm Figure Recycling -an Ongoing Project.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Peter Day 123/11/2016 17:56:51
3957 forum posts
925 photos

Hi

Rather than bore and confuse you with a new thread for each figure, I thought I'd put all of my future recycling projects under one roof.

I went up into the attic today and brought down a big box-full of old figures by Velrinden, Tamiya and Dragon. Some of them will be stripped down and rebuilt as they are, and some will be pick'n'mixed to create new figures.

The first to be re-done is this:

2796-9.jpg

This is an early war German infantryman examining a French helmet. The original head was horrible, so for this new version I've given him an old Tamiya one. Here are the parts stripped down:

006.jpg007.jpg

008.jpg

This is quite a nice figure, with the clothing depicted as suitably wrinkly and baggy, as per a man on campaign.

I'm really enjoying revisiting this old stuff, and the challenge of course is to see if I can improve on my previous efforts. And as you know, I do get through them, so at least the expenditure will be minimal (barring a bit of paint and glue) - there must be hundreds of pounds worth of stuff still upstairs rotting away.

Please bear with me on this one. I'll try to slow down so that you don't all get too fed up with trying to keep up - perhaps I should just post the end results in a few week's time?

Peter.

Andrew Belsey 223/11/2016 18:14:02
1404 forum posts
945 photos

I never tire of seeing your work Peter! I'm just constantly surprised at how you turn out high quality work so quickly!!? And please keep posting the progress shots - that's half the fun!

Andy B

Richard Pearce 123/11/2016 18:27:57
500 forum posts
3 photos

Hi Peter.

You are a modelling magpie like me at times.Always finding spare heads etc for future products.Nice to see you recycling some oldies.I have that figure with the Poilus helmet and he has an odd expression like his squeezing out a fart etc.

Watching always with interest.

Richard

Peter Day 123/11/2016 19:37:46
3957 forum posts
925 photos

Andy - Thanks for the encouraging words.

Richard - I know what you mean about the kit head. There are quite a few Verlindens that are the same - great sculpts ruined by 'that' head.

Peter.

Steve Jones 1223/11/2016 21:30:14
1873 forum posts
2722 photos

Peter

No No No! smiley.You keep your blogs just the way they are my friend. I learn so much from your work mate. Its a joy to watch each stage work towards the final masterpiece. Another great subject you have chosen here

Steve

John Race23/11/2016 21:42:50
3949 forum posts
1043 photos

No don't you dare, we all like it the way it is Peter.

John

Peter Gillson23/11/2016 23:07:50
614 forum posts
617 photos

Peter

keep up these blogs, like many I find them fascinating.

An idea. If you are happy with your recycling of a figure, it would be really interesting for us if you were to post a photo of the figure before your recycling paint job and well as the final figure.

peter

Moggeller, PhD23/11/2016 23:57:32
10351 forum posts
2135 photos
29 articles

Hi Peter.

PLEASE do daily updates. I'd be very upset not to see your work regularly.

BTW; is it possible to see any pre-stripping shots?

Bill

Peter Day 124/11/2016 07:35:14
3957 forum posts
925 photos

OK chaps, I'll keep the threads as they are. - as long as you're not getting bored.

This is a pre-stripping shot of the above figure:

001.jpg

Not a great photo I'm afraid. The head on this version was by Reedees. As you can see, the painting all over is pretty flat, especially the head, so we'll see if I can improve on it all this time.

Peter.

jimbo24/11/2016 12:41:16
12424 forum posts
2296 photos

Hi Peter

Never tire of seeing your work and this recycling is a good idea. Why spent money to enjoy yourself and entertain us lot when you can do it for pennies wink 2

Jim

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
HLJ Late Dec
Kingkit
HLJ Feb 2017
Parabellum
Casemate
Howmans Books 2017
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest