By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

120mm Figure Recycling -an Ongoing Project.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
John Ballard05/01/2017 12:55:02
3389 forum posts
1184 photos

Peter

This is very pleasing colour palette, at least to my eye, and this creates a unity and integrity to the scene which is very appealing. Over and above your obvious skill at painting single figures, composing a harmonious scene with a tight range of hues is certainly taking your pieces to the next level.

John

John Race05/01/2017 12:59:25
5039 forum posts
1108 photos

Peter.

10/10 and a big fat WOW.thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

John

Andrew Belsey 205/01/2017 13:08:28
1612 forum posts
1000 photos

Excellent paintwork and composition Peter.

Andy B

Blaubar05/01/2017 14:08:36
889 forum posts
666 photos
1 articles

Nice one there Peter, the figures do look great as usual and the idea behind the scene is also very interesting!

Looking fwd to your tiny scale painting.smiley

/Stefan

Peter Day 105/01/2017 14:10:00
4879 forum posts
1465 photos

Thanks the Johns and Andy.

John B - Having them all wearing field grey helps of course, but I do find that I'm limiting the number of colours on my palette more and more: perhaps that helps with the unity? I also try to be aware of the the supposed setting - environment, time of year etc, which will influence things like the skin tone and weathering.

John R - A big fat WOW will do for me! Many thanks.

Andy - I wasn't sure that the composition was going to work, not that I had a clear idea of how I was going to place the figures. I just took them all off their temporary bases and played soldiers for a while. The temptation is to have the figures where they can all be seen from the front, but in this case there wasn't the room, and anyway, placing one of the figures at the back adds depth.

The 1/72 stuff arrived today - big disappointment. The Vickers tank is as much etch as plastic and beyond my abilities at the moment, and the Russian tank is just a crummy kit - I did start it, but realised that I wasn't having fun, nor was I likely to, so both have been shelved. The figures also arrived, but they are of the dumpy wargame sort and very poorly moulded - loads of flash etc. I may still attempt a small diorama with them though.

So instead, it will be back to the recycling and I have in mind an Ardennes/Eastern Front dio.

Peter.,

Peter Day 105/01/2017 14:11:06
4879 forum posts
1465 photos

Hi Stefan - posts crossed.

Glad you like the figures - see above re the 1/72!

Peter.

Callmehobbes05/01/2017 16:52:09
171 forum posts
10 photos

Beautifully painted as always. What's your favourite period/type of uniform? I think Ive already said Im really looking forward to see what you can do with dennison and DPM.

Peter Day 105/01/2017 17:10:28
4879 forum posts
1465 photos

Many thanks.

I don't really have a favourite period - I like to have a go at all kinds of uniform. The only reason that I have done so many Germans is that they are widely available in the larger scales, and at reasonable prices too.

Peter.

jimbo05/01/2017 17:13:14
13006 forum posts
2425 photos

Hi Peter

An excellent dio of beautifully painted figures.

Jim

Peter Day 105/01/2017 18:34:25
4879 forum posts
1465 photos

Cheers Jim!

Peter.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Kingkit
HLJ June 2017
Battlegate
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Parabellum
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest