By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

120mm Figure Recycling -an Ongoing Project.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
jimbo07/01/2017 21:53:43
13543 forum posts
2564 photos

Hi Peter

You have excelled yourself. The map and cigarette are great touches and the bino lens cover at the back of his neck is so right.

Jim

john hutton07/01/2017 22:42:47
4082 forum posts
1636 photos

Peter,

Spotted the painted head before reading through, i recognize that say`s i nerd. Checked back enlightened ah yes the Tammy machine gunner, have painted it in both 1/16th and 1/35th, not to this standard i might add thumbs up. I think it really suits that tankers cap. Never noticed before, but your painting has really brought out his Nicholas Cage features . Another remarkable bit of face work sir wink 2.

John.

Also after posting realized i had not read the last page, so had not spotted Nick Cage is done plus another blush

Edited By john hutton on 07/01/2017 22:46:38

Evan Martin 108/01/2017 06:13:35
841 forum posts
403 photos

Ah Peter, I've been away for a while and your current work is exceptionally good, Just love it! You have truly mastered your art! It's the fine subtleties that I've noticed, the shading is more dynamic, Your faces are excellent, none better! Your work is an inspiration for everyone on MM.

Hope your well mate

ev

Peter Day 108/01/2017 07:55:36
5528 forum posts
1293 photos

Hi chaps.

Jim - I can't really take full credit for the additions, but thank you anyway.

John - I wondered who he reminded me of! Yep, Nick Cage, though some have made him look like Michael Schumacher. I couldn't think why I had this head spare, then remembered that I'd done this with the original figure:

001.jpg

This was for the big Germany '45 diorama I did some time ago. He's meant to be a Luftwaffe flak gunner kitted up for combat.

Evan - Oh, you have been sorely missed. When such a vital presence goes AWOL from the site, one is always concerned - I hope things are OK with you. Re the figure - well, I've got a long way to go until I've mastered the art. I still find that I just don't quite have enough stamina to really go for the paint effects others achieve, but I hope I'm slowly getting there.

Peter.

Wouter08/01/2017 09:02:29
5723 forum posts
2162 photos

I missed out some couple of great updates again. As usual (hope it doesn't becoming boring reading it face 20) astonishing work mate

Cheers

Evan Martin 108/01/2017 10:38:49
841 forum posts
403 photos

Oh Peter your too kind, It was important for me to go 'AWOL' during my treatment, I couldn't even hold a spoon without the shakes, seeing everyone's excellent work just made me want to model and I couldn't.

I do think your at the top of your game, Awesome work! It's excellent to return and see what I'd missed.

ev

Lee08/01/2017 11:58:50
1011 forum posts
296 photos

Hi Peter

I take my eye of the ball and I can't believe how many figures you have done in such a short space of time. All I can say is truly superb work.thumbs upthumbs up

Regards lee

Peter Day 108/01/2017 14:34:29
5528 forum posts
1293 photos

Wouter - Many thanks. As long as you're not getting bored looking at my work....

Ev - You're very welcome, and I hope the treatment went OK. You've got a lot to catch up with on the site.

Lee - Thank you also. I'm just loving this recycling process and it's put me on a bit of a roll.

Now on to the Hansen figure:

001.jpg003.jpg004.jpg

This is definitely one of Dragon's best figures, and it I think it demonstrates how plastic can sometimes have the edge over resin - the multi-part construction allows for convincingly hollow sleeves etc, as seen on the cape. The head, spade, belt and holster were all pre-painted from previous builds.

I've tried to experiment here with using different greens. There has been a lot of research done on the Hansen photos, and a lot of differing opinions can be found about the uniform details, but for this figure I've gone with the theory that he's wearing a US rain-cape, hence the OD colour. He will need a coat of matt varnish at the finish.

Incidentally, yesterday I saw the World at War episode on the European campaign from D-Day to the Rhine, and sure enough, in the section on the Ardennes, there was our man in the well known film footage of Kampfgruppe Hansen. Bit odd to be working on a figure and then see his live counterpart walking across the screen.

Peter.

Wouter08/01/2017 16:27:26
5723 forum posts
2162 photos

Rest assured Peter, looking at good modelling, being it armor, ships, wingies or figures...it never gets boring watching, so count yours in! This is one great looking fella as well. Couldn't tell it's a plastic figure, that's for sure!

Cheers

Peter Day 108/01/2017 18:17:31
5528 forum posts
1293 photos

Cheers Wouteryes.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Expo Tools July 14
Parabellum
Kingkit
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
HLJ Oct
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest