By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Latest Acquisitions 2017

The year's collection for projects and/or loft insulation...

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Andy Claesens31/12/2016 13:53:05
10986 forum posts
9945 photos
16 articles

Good afternoon Chaps,

As Old Father Time prepares to cross another one off of his celestial calendar, as tradition dictates, please share your ill gotten gains, well earned rewards and general acquisitions here. I'll ask Robin to close off the 2016 thread.

A Happy New Year and Health, Wealth and Happiness to all in 2017.

Andybeercocktailparty

Nick Richardson31/12/2016 19:15:58
5618 forum posts
5496 photos

Oo-er......been locked out of 2016.........

So last day of 2016.... I got this from 'The Works' ....well £20!!!!! It blinking mugged me on the spot.

A model I've wanted since I was a wee 11 yo boy.......and at the right price too

hurribum.jpg

Bought by a man whose space is running out LMAO

Niho

Edited By Nick Richardson on 31/12/2016 19:17:03

Andy Claesens31/12/2016 19:28:21
10986 forum posts
9945 photos
16 articles

A marvellously nostalgic kit Nick,

The first 1/24th kit I built as a teenager. My daughter got me one for Christmas '15 and it still waits for some attention.

Picked up my entry for the Small Scale GB...wink 2

airfix mk i female boxart.jpg

Looking forward to a change in pace.

Andybeer

Ian Sinclair31/12/2016 20:16:28
1613 forum posts
453 photos

Hello all.

Only a few hours to go till the chimes ring in the new year and i wanted to post information on my 2017 stash starter's.

I've bought the Mig productions book showing a King Tiger walkaround,a Miniart Farm Wall set,a resin set of rocket launchers for a 1/35th pickup,a Hobbyboss Marder SPG,three of the Stalingrad Afghan rebels and books on german heavy armour ie Tiger tank battalions on the eastern front,Repairing the Panzers vols 1 and 2,a resin 1/35th WW 2 Police Officer telling off a small child,several books on the occupation of the Channel Island's and also the fortifications on Guernsey.Also i've had arrive a set of Star decals for the Marder II D,one small booklet on German Armour on the Channel islands,the Meng resin rocket pod set for their pickup and the Trumpeter 1/350th Tsesarevitch is on order as having seen Chris Meddings ship builds i fancy having a go myself.

Future buys will possibly include the Zvezda Star Destroyer,the Dragon AT-AT and the Bandai K-S20.

Ian

Ian

Chris Camfield31/12/2016 22:45:39
1045 forum posts
168 photos

Went to the art supply store and modelling store today. Got a 3mm watercolour brush which I have hopes for, and a small colour shaper for moving pigments around.

At the model store I got some pigments, Vallejo track primer, and this for the small scale GB because those wargamers' Valentines... barely any detail on them at all!

camerazoom-20161231171532161_crop_815x528.jpg

Edited By Chris Camfield on 31/12/2016 22:46:42

Si Benson01/01/2017 20:57:34
3981 forum posts
988 photos

Fancy one of them small scale Churchill's myself Chrissmile p...

Didnt get the chance to add Christmas gifts on the 2016 thread.

Firstly a little from 'me to me' gift...

image.jpeg

A present from my son Harry. A lovely detailed kit with interior.....thanks Harry wink

image.jpeg

And then, from my big bruv...a big box of tank! How lucky was Ilaugh.

image.jpeg

And from the in laws I got some pennies to chose some bits for myself

Happy days indeed laugh

Chris Camfield01/01/2017 22:08:07
1045 forum posts
168 photos

Well Si, I think they give you a good range of choices.  (Dragon does two variants of the Mk III and two of the Mk IV Churchill) Almost all the parts were on a single sprue, which I figure is "standard Churchill parts" and then there's a bag with the turret pieces etc for the NA75. A Churchill VII would have been great, but short of that, I like the story of how the NA75s were created - basically starting with the personal initiative of one officer - so I had to pick that one.

Does that KT have a transparent side or "merely" a lot of internal details? I'm sure that will keep you busy for a long while!!

Edited By Chris Camfield on 01/01/2017 22:17:56

Si Benson01/01/2017 22:46:10
3981 forum posts
988 photos

Cheers for the info on the Churchill Christhumbs up

The KT is completely rammed with interior...no transparent parts. And your right, it really will keep me busywink

Si

Simon Hammerton02/01/2017 13:19:30
6589 forum posts
418 photos
2 articles

So another year of Loft Insulation as my partner refers to this.

Not a rule, but a suggestion that people offer an opinion or some information on their new purchases? Nothing major just a few brief remarks would be good, but only if you feel up for it.

Simon

Chris Camfield02/01/2017 14:24:11
1045 forum posts
168 photos

Good idea Simon.

Re the Dragon Churchill NA75: Detail looks good. Instructions are terse but I think they're sufficient. The only thing I'm concerned by is the width of attachment of some pieces to the sprues... they seem rather large for such small pieces. That'll require some extra care and sanding. Decals are provided for three different vehicles, all with the same olive green paint job. The painting instructions are highly minimal and I can't even tell what they are suggesting be painted in black.

This comes with flexible styrene tracks rather than link-and-length. Not sure how I'll get along with those.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Kingkit
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Parabellum
HLJ February
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest