By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Latest Acquisitions 2017

The year's collection for projects and/or loft insulation...

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Simon Hammerton02/12/2017 21:50:06
6488 forum posts
404 photos
2 articles

It was a logical step on from the GMC 2 1/2 Ton, firstly as the M35 in all its versions then the M109.

The kit itself has some excellent tools and machinery, and it won't be difficult to leave the shop roof as a lift-off. The driver's cab has optional hard or soft tops, and a very detailed front winch if you want to use it.

I paid £45 from Veteranus Models in Ripon for mine, and it srrived in West Cornwall in two days.

Simon

Peter Low 307/12/2017 17:15:16
327 forum posts
348 photos

Hi this lot was waiting for me when I got home

Some new tweezers, they have very nice ends

This is for my next build

And some research material

Pete wink

Chris Camfield07/12/2017 20:16:42
1037 forum posts
168 photos

Pete, are you making Max's interceptor?!?

I have watched Fury Road more times than anything else released in the past 10 years...

Peter Low 307/12/2017 20:54:03
327 forum posts
348 photos
Posted by Chris Camfield on 07/12/2017 20:16:42:

Pete, are you making Max's interceptor?!?

I have watched Fury Road more times than anything else released in the past 10 years...

Hi Chris not the interceptor. I got the idea to build something from "Tony C" build Witness me!!.I'm going to try and build "The Bullet Farmers Peacemarker from Mad Max Fury Road" the Dogge Charger is the closest to the Valiant Charger plus a lot of scrach building.

Petewink

Related image

Simon Hammerton12/12/2017 13:32:03
6488 forum posts
404 photos
2 articles

Hi Folks

I recently put out a request for figures suitable for use with the new AFV Club M113A1 ACAV.

I would like to say a huge THANK YOU to Gary MacKenzie for a box of Tamiya figures from various M113 kits, and to Mike Cartmale for a set of Verlinden figures and Vietnam-era accessories. Neither of these outstanding gentlemen would accept payment, a fine example of the wonderful membership we have here.

Great people on a great site.

Simon Hammerton

Kevin Cole 112/12/2017 16:33:20
125 forum posts
34 photos

Just received this:

m p.jpg

Looks quite good, and as I have the Tamiya in my stash and a PE set for it, quite pertinent for the new year. The review of the book is very good, so money well spent, especially as I got it for $10 Cdn!

The review is here: **LINK**

John Race12/12/2017 18:56:55
6321 forum posts
1336 photos

Peter.

Great choice , those curved ones will be a boon .

Simon just shows that this site is the best . Nice one guys .thumbs upbeer

John .

Kevin Cole 113/12/2017 22:52:17
125 forum posts
34 photos

Got a load of goodies today:

grass.jpg

Varieties of grass and flower materials from WWS. I bought the big bags so that should keep me in grass for quite a while. Excellent prices and fast shipping. They're located in the UK, so should be very easy to buy from for most of you fellows.

Also, the little black doodads are negative ion generators just arrived from China at the whopping price of $1.88 each!

One of these will be the heart of a static grass applicator. I found the how to here: **LINK**

Dave Ward14/12/2017 14:46:53
2633 forum posts
2598 photos

Postie slipped these through my letterbox this morning......

squadron sanding.jpg

I've been using Ultimate Modelling sanding sticks, but I find them too soft and flexible, so I've gone back to the good old Squadron sticks

Dave

Peter Low 314/12/2017 17:17:34
327 forum posts
348 photos
Posted by Dave Ward on 14/12/2017 14:46:53:

Postie slipped these through my letterbox this morning......

squadron sanding.jpg

I've been using Ultimate Modelling sanding sticks, but I find them too soft and flexible, so I've gone back to the good old Squadron sticks

Hi Dave, I used to use UMP sanding stick and I agree with you they are soft, have you tried Flory s/s they are now my go to sanding stick, might be worth a look mate. I used to be on ISM forum and that's all they went on about and if you didn't use their product (UMP) or mention in a GB or SIG you did win angry 2 sorry for the rant.

Pete

Edited By Peter Low 3 on 14/12/2017 17:18:04

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
HLJ December
Hobbylink November 2
Expo Tools July 14
Parabellum
Kingkit
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest