All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Road of Bones11/01/2017 18:25:42
3307 forum posts
2849 photos

Ok, that's enough fun you're all having without me! face 18

I can't sit by any longer...a squirrel around eBay netted me one of these:

img_3352.jpg

I've already identified a few tweaks I can make to this, plus I fancy the idea of scratching a bit of stowage to tart it up some. Can I play too?

Alistaircat

Andy Claesens11/01/2017 18:26:56
10878 forum posts
9746 photos
16 articles

Hurrah!

Alistair, I like itthumbs upteeth 2. Welcome to the pleasuredome.

Andybeer

Andy Claesens11/01/2017 18:28:39
10878 forum posts
9746 photos
16 articles

Dave,

Very nicely donethumbs up. I'll add a gold star to your entry as another one finished.star

Alistair, you're on the list now toowink 2

Andybeer

Edited By Andy Claesens on 11/01/2017 18:31:53

Sean Emmott11/01/2017 18:47:27
2191 forum posts
4330 photos
3 articles

I cannot believe some people have already finished and it's only day 11!

Well I shall be taking part and picking one of my Bomber Command subjects out of the stash:

halifax box.jpg

It's a kit that has attracted a lot of comment on account of it's noticable inaccuracies, but It's probably the best option out there. I've used a small set of Eduard PE to enhance the cockpit.

halifax_mki_001.jpg

halifax_mki_002.jpg

halifax_mki_003.jpg

beerbeer

Sean

Steve Jones 1211/01/2017 19:23:04
2870 forum posts
6804 photos

Hi Everyone

There is just toooooo much going on!laugh. This is a fantastic group build well run by the mighty Mr Claesens.smiley. Its amazing the variety and quality of the builds out there.

To think some people have finished already is fantastic. My build certainly aint up to the quality of what you guys are doing but its my first attempt at braille scale and its great fun. I will seriously look at doing a more detailed build in this scale at a later date. In the meantime I have done a general base coat and now its down to modulation/highlighting and finer base coats on the details.

img_4918.jpg

Keep it coming guys as its great fun to see all the varied builds coming together

Steve

Andy Claesens11/01/2017 19:48:56
10878 forum posts
9746 photos
16 articles

Great to see you Sean. Fantastic choice and a cracking startthumbs up I'll be adding your name to the Roll of Honour on Page 13 shortly

Steve, you are too kind. Nice to see things coming together.

Right then chaps, once I have added Sean to the list I am going to beg your indulgence as I'll avoid the PC for the rest of the evening so I can get some painting done.

Cheers Chaps, you're all doing a grand jobthumbs upteeth 2

Andybeer

Dave Ward11/01/2017 20:58:04
2298 forum posts
2066 photos

Andy,

since the sub only had 18 or so parts, that could be assembled in less than a day, it's no real hard job to get it finished quickly................ The next will take a little longer, the Toksin 1/72 Scud transporter/launcher. I'm not going to do any pictures of progress, just put some up when it's finished.

Dave

Mike DURNFORD11/01/2017 21:06:00
1431 forum posts
83 photos
Posted by jimbo on 11/01/2017 12:29:05:

Hi Mike

Glad the Aerosan arrived. Looks similar to mine. You have more decals but I have PE face 20 The last option looks to be a captured vehicle in Finnish service - interesting.

Jim

Hi Jim Started today but its really too small for my eyes....... but will try to continue tomorrow and see how it goes......really out of my comfort zone here with this scale mike........sad

Mike DURNFORD12/01/2017 12:59:57
1431 forum posts
83 photos

img_0005 (1).jpgimg_0004 (2).jpgimg_0003 (2).jpgimg_0002 (1).jpgHallo Andy.......have to report the Aerosan is in the sick bay.......sorry mate but have no fear The Royal Welsh Fusiliers are here.......its my eyes the parts are really too small for me...........but never give up will pro duce something here before .....it enimg_0001 (1).jpgds.....so will attempt this one ........mike

jimbo12/01/2017 13:13:47
13167 forum posts
2458 photos

Hi all

Alistair - just knew you wouldn't be able to keep away thumbs up Something different again.

Dave - great looking sub you have there. May not have many bits but it has built up well. The Scud transporter/launcher will slow you down. Stick a couple of progress shots on here wink 2

Sean - another master piece in the making. Great looking cockpit.

Steve - up and running. This scale is addictive.

Mike - sorry about the Aeroscan - very tiny indeed. I could not cope without my Optivisor. I wear it most of the time when modelling. Wespe looks good. Always liked these open topped SPGs.

And I'll add my thanks to Andy for overseeing this of band of reprobates moggelers teeth 2

Jim

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Kingkit
Parabellum
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
HLJ July
Expo Tools July 14
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest