" Dusty Bin " ( GB SSGB17 ) JR .

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
SimonT10/01/2017 06:25:22
11079 forum posts
9054 photos

Hi John,

just been having a catch up

The bin looks pretty well detailed considering the size - the sectioned view would be good to show off the internal detail but it wouldn't really be eye friendly

I like the figure set and have added one to my stash

Take heed of the management - we don't want you suffering eye strain!

How about a King Tiger instead - more user friendly size?

SimonT

jimbo10/01/2017 13:13:57
12861 forum posts
2387 photos

Hi John

Like me, you are doing the figures first thumbs up. These Zvezda figures really are impressive. Mine wouldn't click together either thinking You have scratched a strap - well done. I am not sure I'm up to that but I may have a go.

Jim

Fernando Nijhuis10/01/2017 19:29:44
267 forum posts
186 photos

Hi John,

Sorry to hear about your eyes but it’s good to take some rest.

Just take your time, have fun and you’ll end up with some great(and odd) models.thumbs up

Allen, I’m in the same league of crazy.face 20

Built the Warp models BORG Cube from Star Trek First Contact some years ago.

One kilo of resin(give or take), 8 pieces:

20170110_200525_resized.jpg

For size, the F84 on top is 1/48.

Too bad the insert and sphere fell in during last year’s cleaning……crying 2

Fernando

John Race10/01/2017 21:31:35
4860 forum posts
1108 photos

Good evening fellow Milmoders . Well apart from thanking the following.................................................................

Allen ......Ha you noticed at last I was mad smiley you can come back in , but shake the snow off .

Paul........ Thank you , we all seem to like these figures .

Simon ..... Glad you checking in on me , I had a think about doing a cut away , but your quite right its just to small , so shall stick to plan A . Set into the ground , with the rear hatch open and the crew talking to the spotters .

Shan't do any more small scale , I have enjoyed what Ive done and are doing , but its just not worth the strain. crying

Jim ....... I'am glad that it wasn't just me with the click not working then . The strap was easy , you can't see the blob of glue under the arm face 20

Fernando.......... Hi , nice of you to stop by . I like something a little odd , just has something about it .Would make a nice cave to build in , apart from the fumes, although you would have the peddle extraction system , so that would keep you fit at the same time .teeth 2Some nice models there , I will have to check out the Borg Cube on the net. .

there is nothing to report indecision, may have a little play at the week end . Thanks for stopping by .

John .

Andy Smith 111/01/2017 17:24:34
6870 forum posts
2049 photos

Evenin` Mr.R teeth 2,

Finally got a few hours benchtime after many days slaving over my end of year booksdevil,so i`m having a right royal catch up around the parish!!

All looking pretty nice so far there,and,as the guys have said,considering the size,some lovely details-HOWEVER,don`t you dare go too far and bugger up that eyesight again.............,no matter how much you`re temptedfistwink 2 ,

The figures look insane for the scale too,very "Wantable"!!!smile p

Take it easy mate,and as Simon T said...... why not try something a little larger?!!

Cheers,

Andy,and of course......Mortdog

Wouter11/01/2017 18:12:10
5534 forum posts
2143 photos

my my, John, you are a very brave man chap! Lovely how those figures are coming together. And respect!

Cheers

Scottie11/01/2017 19:08:32
5110 forum posts
743 photos
1 articles

John,

​Following along mate, looking forward to those figures.

Scottie

Lee11/01/2017 21:53:22
1011 forum posts
296 photos

Hi John

Hats off to you for tackling such small figures. I can't even see 1/35th properly.

Regards Lee

John Race13/01/2017 16:46:57
4860 forum posts
1108 photos

Yes finally Men I have made a brief but steady start to Dust Bin . but first ........................................................

Andy ............... ARG the end of year book , only one more to do for me , I wish you well in your return .thumbs up No harm was done to my eye during this brief spell, I only spent a couple of hrs on it , well 3 ive just been toldsurprise Glad to see you mate .Say hi to the tribe .

Wouter........... Thank you , more like mad teeth 2

Scottie ......... Hi mate , cheers , thanks for the support .smiley

Lee.......... Thanks , like wise !!!!!! .teeth 2

Now for a history lesson ,

Panzernest History:
In Italy the Germans have been using a mobile steel pillbox, nicknamed the "Armored Crab," which made its first appearance on the Russian front in 1943. These prefabricated bunkers, without rotation, had an armored casting carapace armed with a machine gun.
Preserved Panzernest in expositio
These pills boxes were manufactured by various companies in subassemblies contracts being transported to local use by train, trucks or tractors. They were very simple but extremely effective equipment.
John Race13/01/2017 16:47:58
4860 forum posts
1108 photos

more

Panzernest being towed by a Opel Blitz 2.5 ton
This pillbox was mounted in an inverted position on wagon-like wheels, and usually is hauled by tractor or lorry to a designated site, where it is overturned into a prepared cavity.:
Brand new panzernest under GI's inspection.
Notice the wagon like wheels, in wood and metal.
After this, the exposed upper half of the pillbox (which is non-rotating) is camouflaged with rocks, earth, or local vegetation.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Parabellum
Battlegate
Kingkit
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
HLJ Mar 2017
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest