By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

WR360 C14 kitbash 1/72 Group Build #1 2017 (SSGB17)

A venture into small scale, let's see how small this stuff is...

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
jimbo09/01/2017 17:52:33
13166 forum posts
2458 photos

Hi Stefan

That snow looks fun dont know As John says in the UK we don't do snow - a few centimetres of the white stuff and the whole country grinds to a halt!

You're up and running. Even the cutting is awkward. All for less than half a cm. but worth all the planning and effort.

Jim

Blaubar09/01/2017 18:38:20
889 forum posts
666 photos
1 articles

Steve, Fernando, Jim

I had thought about bringing my 6.5hp festival generator, but it would have been too stupid^^. The mancave will grow on Tursday, when we will have another event and we will build a Gluhwein party room from snow (3x3m) for guests of the pony farm^^.

I spoke with John about snow problems in general. Mind you that in all German cities we would face the same problems as you in England. It's only in the mountains that people are prepared.

Jim, as to the awkward cuts.... you need to add distance between the two sliding door sections at the bonnet -> Cut number 1. Then you need a cut in the lower frame -> cut number 2. The area marked on the right in black on the frame below, is the part where there is important stuff for mountings on the back side and you should not destroy this! On the left of the cut (0.5mm) is another part you shold not cut/damage, therefore you need to cut at different sections. The axle would be in your way also... The cut in the floor at the spot where I did it could be done at the same place as the upper or lower cuts (bonnet or frame) but then you would need to adjust the frame or bonnet parts to mount them, by cutting at a third level, you do not need to modify anything else than the cuts. (I can only advise you to buy and build this one, it is great! They must have put a lot of research in it. There is a main pressure tank at the rear left missing and the front ventilator cover is bad, but else, it is super!!!

20170109_191931.jpg

Lol, look at the BR52 wheel^^. Oh, before I forget, the size of the cuts is different, I cut the bonnet at an angle and had to sand away some more, so the gap is wider than the other two (I failed). Now I need to think if I will build the motor and interior or not....But first I will read Peter's 12,957 updates on 356 new figures laugh

Peter Day 109/01/2017 19:03:25
5071 forum posts
1598 photos

Great work Stefan - going at it with your usual attention to detail I see. Looks like a very nicely detailed kit.

I showed my 17 year old daughter your snow cave and she was soooooo envious! She loves the snow, though so far this winter we haven't had any in this part of the world - possibly some at the weekend though.

Peter.

John Race09/01/2017 20:30:41
5261 forum posts
1130 photos

High standards being set again Stefan. thumbs up Looking fwd to this as you only have 3 months!!!!!

We will have snow next week acording to the forecast. !!!!! so we can all go out and make a snow cave ........... not , teeth 2

John .

Blaubar10/01/2017 15:51:33
889 forum posts
666 photos
1 articles

Hey Peter,

I we got plenty more of the white stuff today... hope you enjoyed the other pice I sent.

John, I know... so much time pressure.

Anyway, I was waiting for someone to comment... but seems like my trick went unnoticed. The first picture I posted is a V36.4, the rear wheel is below the cabin and much further to the back. This is an engine produced in 1950 and not the one we want to have/use^^.

See:

vs:

---> John Hutton: As you see, if you build your BR52, such small things are not noticeable, so please go ahead and build your 52laugh.

I will not build the front louvres from paper, I have 21mm in height for 18 slits... Only paper and CA glue could solve this problem I think. I hope I don't glue my fingers together again.

Cheers,

/Stefan

Allen Dewire10/01/2017 16:32:24
1149 forum posts
705 photos

Servus Stefan,

Off and running down the tracks again I see. Homework done, kit chopped and a super plan to build her. This is going to be something when you're done. What do you think of this tiny stuff? When I opened my kit, I was surprised at just how tiny some of the parts were. 45 years ago, they seemed much bigger.............

Oh, and can we stop all this snow talk...Just reading about it makes me freezing cold in my apartment, let alone going outside! LMAO!!!

Prost

Allen

Blaubar10/01/2017 18:24:20
889 forum posts
666 photos
1 articles

Ha Allen, you got your Quads to cruise around :P, but if it comforts you, we inflated a palm tree and dug out the sand, feels like the beach here now!

As it is the first time I had 1/72 parts, it really is small, however, the box is as big as the Trumpeter Waffentrager 1/35 scale boxsurprise (I must have paid for a lot of air^^). Not sure how Simon manages to build his crazy midget scale stuff all the time. I feel like I need a microscope.

Zum Wohle Allen, I will enjoy my beer soup now smiley, olé

/Stefan

Blaubar11/01/2017 22:11:48
889 forum posts
666 photos
1 articles

Good evening,

I got some work done with the little beast.

This is the driver's desk. It had two hatches/access doors to adjust air and gas pressure for all kinds of valves. I kept one mostly shut, the second one will be left open and I started adding the piping. I had to chop off all the added detail. (Notice the central lever pointing to the left, this means the engine is in reverse gear... I do not want it to be in reverse gear, I want it on the right-hand side.To the right of it will be a wheel, which controls the power / accellerator.

13.jpg

I had to cut out two doors... then I went on skinning down the front lower part, to make room for copper sheeting. I want to mimic the plated sheet effect of the original (below).

17.jpg

*1)

Another view of the modified cabin desk.

16.jpg

I have also added the interior suppor (it looks really bad^^) for the extended outer bonnet.

14.jpg

15.jpg

It is now exactly 10.95cm long. compared to the 10.45 of the original kit.

Working at this small scale is hurting my eyes. Need to rest them now.

/Stefan

*1) **LINK**

Edited By Stefan Blaubar on 11/01/2017 22:14:57

Blaubar12/01/2017 14:12:08
889 forum posts
666 photos
1 articles

Hello there.

The rear of the first batch of WR 360s had no rear door, so it had to go. I extended and modified the frame and cut out the top hatches of the bonnet. Sometimes they were left open for cooling. As such, I will leave them open, too. I need to fix and fill still quite a bit, as the bonnet took some heavy damage from my bad cutting^^.

18.jpg

This can be seen here, a rare one, as most ones now do have a door in the rear. (The V36 conversions)

*1)

I started shaping pressure tanks and tubes for the engine bay, but it ran out of power -> chanrging and I'll be gone for a few days now.

20.jpg

The fuel tanks and their support structure:

22.jpg

I managed to add the grease pump though. (Need to ass a brass to the support beams of the fuel tank as it bends down) And the weird thing in between the fuel tanks, no clue as to what this is, but maybe more fuel?!?

21.jpg

Here a shot for comparisson of what needs to be added. I think my fuel tanks are a 2mm too small in diametre, but they are 100% invisible under the bonnet, so I will leave them. See the pic below and bear in mind that the massive engine will cover the whole space in fornt of the fuel tanks.

24.jpg

19.jpg

*2)

Have a great weekend all, enjoy the GB, i am gone for a few days. Cheers,

/Stefan

*1) **LINK**

*2) **LINK**

john hutton12/01/2017 16:51:19
4079 forum posts
1636 photos

Hi Stefan,

Already technical drawings and some early scratch work wink 2, good start mate. Be interesting to see this little chap upsides the BR52 when both are completed .

John.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
HLJ July
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Parabellum
Kingkit
Expo Tools July 14
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest