Bang, Bang, I Shot You Down (SSGB17)

VOMAG 7 mit 88mm Flak 36

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

jimbo10/01/2017 21:07:12
12758 forum posts
2367 photos

Hi Allen

Anything connected to Nancy has my attention. Should be fun.

Image result for bang bang nancy sinatra

Jim

Tim Marlow10/01/2017 22:22:45
916 forum posts
794 photos

Hi Allen

Don't worry about me turning blue, I'm used to it.....I have got apnoea and sleep in an iron lung LOL

I suppose if you do anything on the Duke of Wellington we'll get "these boots were made for walking" as a header.....

Cheers

Tim

Ron Lebert10/01/2017 23:10:18
2187 forum posts
5815 photos

Hi Allen. Very cool build, I have thought of scratching one but don't have enough info as of yet. It wouldn't be easy but that hasn't stopped us yet! Will be watching SO TAKE A LOT OF PHOTOS.

Ronnerd

Andy Smith 111/01/2017 17:32:34
6846 forum posts
2038 photos

Evenin` Allen,

Gotta say I really like the look of this one,not seen one before personally,but it`s right up my streetsmile d!!

I may well look ans see if i can find one in 1/35th..... well,you know,.... the stash could just do with one more addition i thinkembarrassedface 20,

Great choice mate,watching all the way in from here on inthumbs up,

Cheers,

Andy

Paul Richardson 111/01/2017 18:54:43
127 forum posts
14 photos

Andy,

Here ya go -

**LINK**

2 varieties available assembled or lots of bits n pieces!!

Paul.

laugh

Allen Dewire15/01/2017 21:28:16
1065 forum posts
632 photos

Good Evening Good People Around The World,

Just a tiny update on the VOMAG critter...Yea, still playing with the Nag, I'm afraid. Anyway......

Marcello - Thanks Sir...I hope you find it as interesting as I do. It is a pretty wild thing.

John - Anything in this scale is tiny and hence, man can only do tiny updates buddy. Thanks!

Jim - You know you shouldn't post Nancy's pic here. You might get Steve too excited Sir. Glad to have you along!

Tim - So sorry Sir, I didn't know that when I made my comment. The only Dukes I know are Duke Ellington and John Wayne. I can't really say that they're boots we're made for walking though....

Ron - It's great to have you along Sir. If anyone could scratch this beast, it would be you. I am taking many photos and will be putting them in a separate album shortly (VOMAG). I will be using a 1/35 scale rule as a guide. I don't know if this will help or be a hinderance. The biggest problem is my iPad doesn't take the best pictures and we haven't had sunshine since, forever...See below...

Andy -Nice to see your smiling face to my friend. Thanks to Paul, you could add one to the stash...You just need to dig real deep in the old wallet to make that dream come true. I guess 1/72 is the way to go here.....

Paul - Thank you for the link. The kits (or built) are really nice and you have some options too. The bad news is just the sticker shock on 'em. Do you how good the resin casting is on them? From the pics, they look really good...

Well, I finished building the motor (all 11 pieces of it). It just needs the the exhaust header and coolant pipe that goes to the radiator added when we get that far. The ruler is for Ron and shows the measurements in 1/35 scale...

image.jpg

A side view...The motor with tranny is 3 ft. And 11 inches long in 1/35. Not bad for a 14.3 cubic, 6 cyl. diesel. Details aren't that bad either...

image.jpg

You have to chop off a piece of the frame for this version. The longer frame is for Roden's bus kit based on the same chassis. Built up the front axle and then moved on to the rear axles. A very interesting setup here as there is a driveshaft between the two differentials, but not in the diffs themselves. I wonder if the diffs were driven by a chain or a gear system....The rear double springs are not glued to the chassis. They rock back and forth so I can keep all the wheels level and hopefully, all on the ground...

image.jpg

As you can see below, I think it's time to get some new Dunlops on the beast. No tread on the tires at all. Dirt and mud rule. After trying every trick in the book, You can't get the tires to join without the gap. I'm going to have to bust out the putty on these to close 'em up....

image.jpg

The sidewall detail is good, but if you look at the front tire on the left, you'll see what appears to be release agent or something molded in with the plastic. Also there are a few lines running towards the rim too. Should be ok though. I am going to wait until I paint them as the tires appear to be a bit too small in circumference. Might just be me....

image.jpg

That's all for today. Thanks for looking and have a good week. All comments and abuse welcome as usual!

Prost

Allen

Si Benson15/01/2017 21:49:03
3330 forum posts
843 photos

Allen,

Nice progress so far but What's with the tyres...that really is a gap! I'm sure you'll sort it..

That chassis shows nicely how long this beast was! A really interesting vehicle....look forward to more soon... keep rolling ...beer

Si

Edited By Si Benson on 15/01/2017 21:49:56

Paul Eberle15/01/2017 22:27:40
2100 forum posts
1392 photos

Looking good Allen. Check out my Breaktime album. Those are Preiser 1/72 guys in plastic. Don't know about resin as I avoid it when possible. PaulE

Edited By Paul Eberle on 15/01/2017 22:29:22

john hutton16/01/2017 09:50:31
3931 forum posts
1569 photos

Allen ,

Like the look of this vehicle thumbs up. Knowing how these trucks at 1/35th can rack up the tiny parts, i certainly do not envy your task with this mini beast. Sure you will overcome though mate wink 2. Press on , but finish the " What`s it Called " first smiley.

John.

jimbo16/01/2017 09:57:13
12758 forum posts
2367 photos

Hi Allen

The tyres are not good are they dont know. I am sure you will sort it but not good Roden. Does anyone do resin replacements?

Jim

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Parabellum
HLJ Mar 2017
Kingkit
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Battlegate
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest