By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Panavia tornado GR4 commission

Please help

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Jarrod Benson11/01/2017 15:01:31
9 forum posts

Good afternoon gents,

I'm looking for someone hopefully local who would be interested in doing a commission for me. I have a revel tornado gr1 in 1/32 scale which I am hoping someone would build, modify to gr4 level and paint for me. I would also like to get the white metal upgrade undercarriage and cockpit etc modifications and whatever else would be needed. I used to be a maintenance technician on tornado aircraft and would very much like a display model of the first live tornado I worked on. Whilst I am a keen amateur modeller I don't have the skills to do this project the justice it would need. I currently live near Caerphilly South Wales

Thanks for reading guys. Hope someone can help

Andy Claesens11/01/2017 15:14:11
10964 forum posts
9883 photos
16 articles

Jarrod,

Welcome to MilMod. Hope you enjoy your time here. Are you still serving and what TG were/are you.

I'm sure there must be someone near to you willing to have a go but if you wanted to tackle it yourself, take your time and blog it here. There would be loads of advice along the way. Which Sqn was the a/c from?

Andybeer

Martyn Chorlton11/01/2017 15:46:18
316 forum posts
2828 photos
286 articles

Hi Jarrod - Welcome onboard. Good luck with finding someone to build your Tonka. If you need any photo support of any mark of Tornado, just give me a shout. Cheers Martyn

Jarrod Benson11/01/2017 15:58:39
9 forum posts

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply. I worked at st athan from 98-2003 and was qualified as airframe and engine tech although my primary trade ended up as airframe. The jet In question I am not 100% which squadron she was from without digging out my old log book. I will have a look. I'm pretty sure it was Zd490 but not certain and don't laugh but I'm fairly sure she was a 617 squadron jet. The first F3 I worked on was tail number ZE757 the trouble is that it was quite a while ago and while all the technical details are really fresh in my mind the amount of jets I worked on the tail numbers and squadrons are a bit hazy. I can do some back research. I would love to attempt the model myself but I haven't done any modelling for a good few years and don't have any tools, paint etc etc. It's something I would love to get back into and also have an air fix set with a number of wingy thingys (tiger moth, Harrier, meteor, f-16, Sr.-71 etc) so I might have a got at them as a practice .

Jarrod Benson11/01/2017 16:01:27
9 forum posts

Hi Martyn,

Thanks for the welcome. Thankyou for the offer, I may take you up on it. I bet it will be good to compare my memory to reality ! Jarrod

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Parabellum
Expo Tools July 14
Kingkit
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Hobbylink November 2
HLJ December
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest