By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Watchout GI

Small vignette 1/35 scale for Shizuoka...hopefully.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Richard Foenander13/04/2017 04:09:44
3482 forum posts
4462 photos

Thanks Steve, apologies for not coming back on the paint used for the stone work.

I used was Tamiya Olive Drab, Black Green, Red Brown and Deck Tan wash down with diluted Khaki Drab and Nato Black.

I'm still tinkering with the weapon belts making them with tin foil and thin fuse wire...I haven't attached them and still twisting to get the droop right.

b57.jpg

b58.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Richard

John Race13/04/2017 04:18:42
5698 forum posts
1225 photos

Richard .

Just catching up, some great colors on the stone work, those straps are looking good. Have you ever tried pewter srip like the Master aka Simon ?

John .

Richard Foenander13/04/2017 07:43:02
3482 forum posts
4462 photos

Hi John, thanks.

Haven't tried that medium...although our country is famous for Selangor Pewter, just can't find sheets of it in hardware stores.

The stuff I use is tin foil from powdered milk or Milo cans. They're thicker than the baking foils and thinner than toothpaste tubing foil and has just the right pliability and stiffness.

Cheers,

Richard

Steve Jones 1214/04/2017 09:03:03
3160 forum posts
7911 photos

Thanks Richard. I am hoping to start my stonework this weekend so this will be of great help. Great work on the gunsyes

Steve

Richard Foenander20/04/2017 07:50:29
3482 forum posts
4462 photos

Hi,

Still chugging along with the base. I've varied the style of the mortar opting with a lighter shade to bring out the stones.

The figures have their base tones on and secure to their individual home made paint holders ala clothe pegs for painting in the detail and highlighting.wink 2

b72.jpg

The base received first sprinkle of rubble stone and sand secured with white glue. I will later paint in the weathering streaks for each stone on the wall and stain others on the ground.

I will add some moss and lightly fill in creepers. The rubble will continue along the stair case. I may apply a dark wash to accentuate the lines. Some dusting will be added later to blend the figures to the base.

I haven't done this for a while so there will be a few layers of staining until I'm comfortable with the look. Thanks for staying with this slow process as many of you have at least finished some three builds since I started.face 20

Cheers,

Richard

Tim Marlow20/04/2017 12:34:46
1185 forum posts
1015 photos

Well, Mister two hats....

This is a work of great beauty....really looking forward to seeing it finished now....the stage setting in particular is a work of genius.

Cheers

Tim

Richard Foenander21/04/2017 11:46:56
3482 forum posts
4462 photos

Hi Tim,

Thanks...good to have you follow this. Notice I've cleared my work area?...just couldn't work with all the mess and noticed my slow progress was a result of it. Nothing like starting on a new slate so to speak.

Just got my glass case and it fits snugly in. While waiting for more of the rubble to cure I tinkered with my Harry Tate dio and airbrushed a bit more weathering to the wings...just a little sprucing up since it's going to Shizuoka as well.

Photos of the two up next.

Cheers,

Richard

john hutton21/04/2017 19:06:19
4079 forum posts
1636 photos

Richard,

That looks absolutely spot on sir thumbs up, certainly looking forward to seeing the figures completed and mounted wink 2. I am very envious of you , going to Japan, a place i would love to visit sad.

John.

Scottie21/04/2017 19:26:21
5381 forum posts
757 photos
1 articles

Richard,

​Looking very good mate some really nice details.

Scottie

jimbo22/04/2017 11:35:43
13448 forum posts
2531 photos

Hi Richard

I see your new Avatar thumbs up

The dio base just gets better and better.

Jim

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
HLJ Oct
Kingkit
Expo Tools July 14
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Parabellum
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for £3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest