Pearl of the Northern Skies

Special Hobby 1:32nd Scale Brewster B- 239 Buffalo

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Alun Wells17/02/2017 17:51:01
1154 forum posts
860 photos

Hi Gary,

Count me in, love the add-ons you are putting in, and nice research info.

Will pull up a chair.

Welcome back.

Cheers

Alun

Gary Radford17/02/2017 17:53:27
6488 forum posts
4841 photos
29 articles
Posted by jimbo on 17/02/2017 17:45:51:

Hi Gary

By 'eck this is looking good thumbs up. That is a very good tip with the old blade and the CA. The instruments looks excellent as does the whole cockpit. Is the wiring based on reference pictures or is it your own interpretation? Whatever it certainly looks good.

Jim

Hi Jim,

The wiring etc. is loosely based on fact, if you look on the first page of this build, just above the rudder peddles there is a link to a PDF manual which shows cockpit pictures. Due to space limitations I didn't go the full hog and add them all mate.

Pleased you are liking it though.thumbs up

Cheers.

Gaz.

Gary Radford17/02/2017 17:55:04
6488 forum posts
4841 photos
29 articles

Well if its not my old wing man Alun, good to see you buddy how you keeping? welcome to the pleasure domebeer

Gaz.

Gary Radford17/02/2017 18:02:22
6488 forum posts
4841 photos
29 articles

Well gents didn't get much done today on account of my wife and I looking after a certain 4 year old grandson who is on half term at the moment. To be fair he is a good lad and knows not to touch things on grandpa's bench.heart

However I did get a bit more done so I'll crack on.

Holes were drilled in the bulk heads so the wires could pass through out of sight. The cockpit assembly was fitted into place after several trial and error attempts making small adjustments on the way.

a (14).jpg

Once I was happy with the fit I joined the two fuselage halves together to my surprise the joint was very good and needed very little in the way of filler.

a (15).jpg

a (16).jpg

Gary Radford17/02/2017 18:05:49
6488 forum posts
4841 photos
29 articles

The two machine guns and their ammunition boxes are very basic indeed but they cannot be seen once the fuselage is joined. The only thing I did to enhance them was drill out the end of the barrels. As you can see from the picture the entire undercarriage folding mechanism fits to the front of the firewall and like the machine guns very little can be seen once installed.

a (17).jpg

Well that's it for today folks, don't forget to drop in tomorrow to catch the latest updates.

cheersbeer

Gaz.wink 2

Scottie17/02/2017 18:20:31
5110 forum posts
743 photos
1 articles

Gary,

​Some great work on the office with some lovely neat additions. Will watch this come together.

Scottie

Gary Radford17/02/2017 21:57:03
6488 forum posts
4841 photos
29 articles

Hi Scottie,

Good to see you again mate, welcome to the build. I see you will be at the Hinckley Show mate, be good to catch up with you again.

Cheers

Gaz

Scottie17/02/2017 23:59:28
5110 forum posts
743 photos
1 articles

Gary,

​Yes mate looking forward to it. If you can't find me I will be on the fenland and Spalding table.

​Scottie

Gary Radford18/02/2017 15:23:34
6488 forum posts
4841 photos
29 articles

Not a problem Scottie I'll dig you out mate.beer

Gaz.

Gary Radford18/02/2017 15:29:48
6488 forum posts
4841 photos
29 articles

With the fuselage now safely bound together I now turned my attention to the Special Hobby rendition of the Wright Cyclone engine. I broke the assembly down into sub-sections as I wanted to add extra detail. The parts were painted as per the kit instructions. If you look at the picture carefully you will notice the “push rod” at the 12 o’clock position (bottom R/H corner) has been replaced with a section of brass rod due to it being broken off whilst in the bag of bits.angry 2

a (18).jpg

I drilled out the ignition ring and added spark plug wires from thin single strand wire. The instructions call for the ring to be fitted behind the push rod moulding (Part K5) but it should in fact it should sit on top of it.

a (19).jpg

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Parabellum
Battlegate
Kingkit
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
HLJ Mar 2017
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest