By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Scratch Build #6 : 1/24 Hawker Fury

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Richard Pearce 117/03/2017 16:24:11
964 forum posts
6 photos
Oh Jim.
We are so very saddened to hear about your loss of your dear 4 legged friend.Thinking of you at this sad times.
Bless you.
Hugs from Richard and Helen and pookie.
Jim Barry20/03/2017 01:07:57
1120 forum posts
552 photos

Thanks again for the thoughts, guys.

Cockpit coming together now. Scratched some neat little gauges with some cut brass tube and some well placed paint. Gave them a glassy effect with a drop of canopy glue.

fullsizerender (15).jpg

fullsizerender (16).jpg

John Race20/03/2017 23:04:31
6314 forum posts
1336 photos

Jim.

What a beautiful looking girl, so sorry to read of your loss. I am sure she had a perfect life, and enjoyed every minute with you and your family.sad rose

On a lighter note, that detail on the belts is quite stunning. thumbs up

John.

Scottie20/03/2017 23:21:26
5628 forum posts
789 photos
1 articles

Jim,

​The work in the cockpit and the seat is first class.

Scottie

Jim Barry22/03/2017 02:17:37
1120 forum posts
552 photos

Mated the fuselage halves and got on with some more skining. Here, I'm extending what I learned about the rudder to the spar effect I need for the fuselage. I think this is working really well. img_7168.jpgimg_7170.jpgimg_7172.jpg

jimbo22/03/2017 14:49:30
13792 forum posts
2610 photos

Hi Jim

So sorry to hear of Tess. Twelve is a good age for a Golden. Our first two dogs were Goldens. My son learned to walk by hanging onto our Honey's neck. She was almost thirteen when we had to have her put to sleep. The vet said that he had hoped that she would make thirteen - he had not had a Golden make that age before.

The seat and the cockpit look very nice.

Jim

Bobby Dale23/03/2017 17:36:58
1662 forum posts
1347 photos

Jim

Sorry to hear of your loss Tess looks a wonderful Dog had Golden retrievers myself our Staffie Teddy is 15 now and very stiff in the legs and a bit wobbly in his walking .

So dreading what is to come Great work on the interior and the whole build top draw stuff .

Bobby

Jim Barry23/03/2017 18:51:04
1120 forum posts
552 photos

Thanks Jim and Bobby.

My interior work is admittedly light as I just did not want to get too consumed by all that involves to the risk of ever finishing the project. To hide my laziness, I've got Flight Lieutenant John Hall here, signaling to his students that it's go time. He's a nice fig from the 70's Spitfire kit. I think he will help to give the viewer the sense of scale. This was no little biplane.

img_7197.jpg

I think this will be the plane:

screen shot 2017-02-16 at 7.27.34 am.jpg

Steve Jones 1223/03/2017 19:10:42
3579 forum posts
8783 photos

Jim

Awesome work as always. I really like what you have done in the cockpit. The iconic shape of the fuselage has come on really well

Steve

Jim Barry24/03/2017 02:16:37
1120 forum posts
552 photos

Thanks Steve.

I feel like a kid at a playground here today. Going from wheels to figure to radiator . There is SO much to do. I struggled a bit to find a radiator grille in metal that made me happy (Nick's idea about a shaver's screen was good but I failed to actually find one). So...I printed one! I think it does the trick and the price is right. The vents you see (made from sheet stock) open and close like blinds on the real plane. Still need to close up the front/sides.

img_7212.jpg

I like how his goggles turned out with a drop of plastic cement in the frame. That figure is 40 years old. He looks really pleased to be built finally! Burnt Sienna for the leather jacket worked well.

img_7207.jpg

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Parabellum
Expo Tools July 14
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Kingkit
HLJ December
Hobbylink November 2
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest