By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Churchill mark 7 Iraqi service c.1950s.Tamiya conversion

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Richard Pearce 120/03/2017 07:20:52
914 forum posts
1 photos

Hi Chris.Many thanks for commenting.Glad you like her.Enjoyed doing this one.

Hi David-Many thanks for your comments.Im not sure if Jordan had any Churchill tanks.Theres not much info and even i get confused.Im glad you enjoy Churchills.We did the Southern expo show over the weekend and a lot of people showed interest and enjoyed a good chat swapping stories.

Cheers fellas.

Richard

David Garden20/03/2017 18:46:07
142 forum posts
1 articles

Hi Richard,

I have David Fletcher's book "Mr Churchill's tank" where on page 195 he states that the Royal Jordanian army received some Churchill mark VIIs.

The British had excess Churchill tanks but found that there was too much competition from US Shermans and Soviet T34/85 for the post war market.

I wish we had been around then - to buy a couple or so on the surplus market!laugh

David.

Richard Pearce 120/03/2017 19:41:35
914 forum posts
1 photos

Hi David.

Thats very interesting information regarding the Jordanian Churchills.Ive always been told they never had them but im no expert.I belong to Churchill research group on Facebook and run my own Churchill modelling group through Ipms u.k.

Cheers David,

Richard

Chris Camfield20/03/2017 21:01:04
1001 forum posts
164 photos

The "whoosh" sound you just heard was me going over to Facebook to sign up to the group.

Si Benson20/03/2017 22:34:54
3468 forum posts
870 photos

Evening Richard,

Great looking churchillthumbs upand there was me thinking they only came in green wink

I had no idea they were used past WW2. Thanks for sharing with usbeer

Si

Richard Pearce 121/03/2017 07:49:01
914 forum posts
1 photos

Hi Simon.

Thanks very much for commenting much apreciated.On the whole i enjoyed making something a bit different in the Churchill tank family.

Richard

Richard Pearce 121/03/2017 07:49:22
914 forum posts
1 photos

Shes done diorama and alliraq churchill finished.jpg

David Garden21/03/2017 12:53:49
142 forum posts
1 articles

Looks greatyes

Love to see a Churchill in another colour from green. Must check out your site.

I am currently finishing two Milicast 1/76 Churchill IV and VI, Dragon 1/72 Churchiull III (all 6th Guards Tnk Brigade.) Also the ols Hasegawa 1/72 Churchill I/II. Might now do a 1/76 post war desert Mark VII.

Thanks Richard.

Dave.

Richard Pearce 121/03/2017 13:21:02
914 forum posts
1 photos

Hi David

Thank you for your comments.Please do share your builds with us as many guys are into Churchills.,Im on Facebook and our SIG page is on there.Ive just built the little old Churchill mark 1 by Hasegawa.Some say its rough but with work they can look amazing.,Ive built 3 Dragon ones but feel they are overpriced.Im sure i will do more in time.What are the Milicast ones like in terms of casting quality etc?

All the best from Richard

David Garden22/03/2017 12:22:45
142 forum posts
1 articles

Hi Richard,

I shopped around for my Dragon 1/72 Churchills. Price varies but they can be no more expensive than eg Mirage kits.

Love the old hasegawa Mark 1/2 kit. It's a bit dated but looks quite good after work. Just finished one and intend to do a Mark 1CS and a Mark 2 as well.

I think milicast are great in terms of moulded detail and are easy to build. I'm a great fan. They are 1/76 if that makes a difference.

Try to post some oics on the site later when I work out how to do it.

Regards,

Dave.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Parabellum
Kingkit
HLJ July
HLJ Sept
Expo Tools July 14
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for £3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest