By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

2 StuGs and a Sturm-Infanteriegeschz 33 B 1942/3 Stalingrad (JR )

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
John Race09/03/2017 20:58:41
7166 forum posts
1510 photos

Good evening gang, as promised this is the start of a long build comprising of the following cast .

Main parts to be portrayed by Herr Stum

Co starring , the StuG bros

With a cast of .

Special appearance by the brush strokes of Peter Day Esq

726014.jpg (739?554)

Peter has very kindly offered me the above figures and to paint another 4 .These of course will be in the front of the stage, many taking staring parts.

So to set the scene.

An assault section has come under fire from the right hand end of the street. Moving in from the left , they call for a pair of Stug to assist. Seconds later the track of the first Stug is blown off by an anti tank round from a rifle hidden somewhere in the building.

The second Stug and the troops hide behind the first. With no where to take real cover ,they call for the "dust bin hurler. "

Enter the Sturmtiger, moving just past the first Stug the battle begins............The troops take up position.....................

There now could be a rather long intermission as the management want to do a refurbishment of the cave area,  following my impending retirement . So please retain you seat nos. and normal service will be resumed in due course.

Herr Race

Edited By John Race on 09/03/2017 21:00:12

Wingnut09/03/2017 21:02:33
1544 forum posts
5 photos

I'm first in the queue for a change. A seat at the front please. In for the long haul....some nice kits there.

Neil Spencer09/03/2017 21:36:40
238 forum posts
321 photos

Guten Abend Herr Race,

The trailer for your latest production has the hallmarks of a blockbuster. I shall await the unfolding of the story with bated breath.

I hope the management goes easy on you with the workload wink

SimonT09/03/2017 21:58:22
11700 forum posts
9551 photos

Evening John,

Oh no, the dreaded Tammy stug IV - I hope you are going to correct them both (the Academy is just a re-box of the Tammy)

face 20

Blaubar09/03/2017 22:05:53
889 forum posts
666 photos
1 articles

Now that is a great start and looks promising. Seems that there are some kit issues Simon...^^

Enjoy this one John, and all hail to Peter for the figures, what a nice offer.

Andy Claesens09/03/2017 22:26:54
10986 forum posts
9945 photos
16 articles

Front row seat for me too please John.

That Peter fellow is a damned fine decent chap.thumbs up

Si Benson09/03/2017 22:28:13
3896 forum posts
974 photos

Evening Mr Race....

Looks like I'm in early enough to grab a good seat!

Wow... what a cast, and with the Stumtiger in the line up this should be a cracker matethumbs up

How very nice of Peter to donate some of the troops....lend lease if you willwink 2

Don't listen to Simon thocheekyface 20...I'm sure the StuG's will be just fine even with the accuracy issues.

This is gonna be goodbeer

Richard Pearce 109/03/2017 22:28:17
1038 forum posts
17 photos
Hi John.
Wow what a gathering of kits.You certainly have a lot to do.The Tamiya Stug was one of my first 1.35th kits.Will grab a pew and watch your progress mate.
Robert Court09/03/2017 22:30:25
4486 forum posts
753 photos
Did i hear the word Stug!

Count me in John
Peter Gillson09/03/2017 22:38:30
1003 forum posts
751 photos

You are a braver man than I building something as big as this, it will be an impressive build.

Blog is bookmarked, my chair pulled up to enjoy following this one.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?
Support Our Partners
HLJ February
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest