By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

2 StuGs and a Sturm-Infanteriegeschz 33 B 1942/3 Stalingrad (JR )

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Robert Court19/09/2017 21:58:05
4385 forum posts
732 photos
Ok think i have it

The air deflector should be a single piece with a cut out in the middle showing the mufflers not the defector covering the mufflers with L shaped ends, phew

Bob
John Race19/09/2017 22:37:06
5878 forum posts
1273 photos

Gentlemen and a Serious Party goer. (Yes you know who you are )nerd

Thank you for the support

Allen beercocktailclock......... Miniart hold no fear, I like the sound of the tram, it needs to be the correct size, I had tea and got watching a program about lifeboats, forgot all about searching. Thanks for the offer, I might need some bits if I keep raiding boxes.

Durk........ Yes I know exactly what you mean, the possibilities are endless. .

Scottie.......You need a couple of boxes more like.teeth 2

Peter...... As I said I'll need to check the size,not to bothered about the part count as if its a wreak there's not going to be much leftlaugh

Bob....... Thanks for your offer of a photo, It would be a great help. You know what talking about, where as I'm in the dark.

Thanks again. This time I am going to have a look.

Bye .

John

Hooch19/09/2017 23:12:17
327 forum posts

Nice to see your progress.

The carpet monster is a cruel beast.

Marty Elliott20/09/2017 09:15:40
169 forum posts
386 photos

hi John...u have the heart of a lion to tackle a monster like this--either that or u dropped a sheet of gyproc on ur head during the buildwink...like the layout as it focuses ur eye (no pun intended) on the gap between the buildings and the claustrophobic feeling of city fighting--it really does need tall buildings to carry this off---some good ideas for the foreground---looking at a few pics I had thought of some kind of barricade that the germans had to fight thru--hence the knocked out stug---but following on from the other suggestions maybe incorporating a civilian vehicle or some carts built into the barricade???u could also throw in some bricks and rubble into it if u have any sparethinking---have just started a Tamiya Stug myself so will be watching and taking notes from the back---brought a packed lunch and a flask as im in for the long haul...........cheers Marty

John Race21/09/2017 15:37:55
5878 forum posts
1273 photos

Hooch........ In my case its the wooden / vinyl monster, a closely related cousin, equally nasty .

Marty......... I' ve banged my head that many times when I was at work I 'm now certified mad . teeth 2 Yes the hight is important to this to achieve this look.

Peter had come up with a great model in the Tram, but upon checking the amount of room that I had it was a no no. I will keep it in mind as I have another dio idea for Berlin. Having considered a car, but not many in Russia, only for the Party Faithful, a Gaz truck , also too big. Marty had mentioned barricades, so a search of Google was made .I found a drawing of a hedge hog anti tank barricade, so armed with this I'm going to order some section of channel. Found a great model of a Maxim Machine Gun from I.C.M. this is on its way.I will be shown deserted in the street in amongst the barricade metal and rubble.Here it is.

1408094087_35676_web_in.jpg (1495?1123)

Right back to the bench and carry on trying to understand Dragons fantastic instructionssad

Any thoughts welcome .

John.

John Race23/09/2017 19:46:37
5878 forum posts
1273 photos

Plastic fans.

Hi

Been a busy boy, much done , ordered some Kapa foam board from 4D Model Shop. Kapa board is the one with an easy peel surface, slightly more expensive, but less hassel working. Also have ordered another model, a Gaz truck, this will be a write off, heavily damaged. Finished most of the build, just tracks to do.Will fit the wheels loose then tracks and remove for painting later. The tracks are those Dragon Magic, I have no idea how many required, so have done a top run and a bottom.Will fit the wheels and see how much needed to go around the front and rear , then glue those with Contacta .

_mg_2092c2.jpg

_mg_2093.jpg

_mg_2094.jpg

_mg_2095.jpg

A drawing from the net, showing the rear, the exhausts were there, so they have been fitted. I found a ref to these beasts , depending on which hull was used things differed, so as I'm not a purist I shan't worry to much.

Comments welcome.

John.

Peter Day 123/09/2017 20:56:39
5528 forum posts
1293 photos

Looking good and chunky John.

I haven't commented much as I don't have enough experience of armour, but it looks like you're wll in the groove and on your way to producing an epic.

Peter.

Si Benson23/09/2017 23:29:42
3574 forum posts
906 photos

Evening John,

You really have been a busy boythumbs up good to see the ‘beast’ taking shape.

Quite fancy one of these myself at some point, once I clear the stash a little wink 2. I’ll have to keep an eye out for the maxim gun and the Gaz truck...can’t help thinking this is going to look awesome, some nice thought process going into it and plenty of equipment.

Looking forward to the next instalment tea

Si

Kevin Cole 124/09/2017 05:57:45
44 forum posts
19 photos

Wonderful idea for a dio! Lots of potential.

I'd love to do something similar, but haven't the room. I will probably put together something to include what I have in 1/72 when they're finished.

I have two of Dragon's no.6042 SIG33B kits myself, though evidently it was a much older release (1995), probably why they weren't expensive. They've always been one of my favorite SPs, having spent a lot of ASL hours in the Barrikady environs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_Advanced_Squad_Leader_module

Very nice to see one built. Looking forward to your buildings and other scenic points of interest.

Edited By Kevin Cole 1 on 24/09/2017 05:59:40

Steve Jones 1224/09/2017 07:33:33
3333 forum posts
8510 photos

JR

A wonderful start on the Sig. Sorry I wasnt around to hep out on the exhausts but you have sorted them out well. You may all ready have this photo of the rear end

2813ccc62f5eebbe5c8f451325d19b99.jpg

As for the tracks dont forget the extra kinks for the sag. Also dont glue the two halves of the top idlers together fully because once you get a few layers of paint on them and the tracks, its a bitch to get the tracks into the idler gap.

Keep it comin mate

Steve

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Kingkit
Parabellum
Expo Tools July 14
HLJ Oct
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest