By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

2 StuGs and a Sturm-Infanteriegeschz 33 B 1942/3 Stalingrad (JR )

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Marcello Tontodonati17/10/2017 06:07:21
269 forum posts
405 photos

John
nice piece of civil engeneering there. I'll try to squeeze in a front row if permitted smiley
Marcello

John Ballard17/10/2017 13:29:34
3437 forum posts
1150 photos

John

I'm sure I saw those metal bars in one of Frank Lloyd Wright's places. Another piece of architectural wonder coming to light. Bravo

John

Fernando Nijhuis18/10/2017 17:38:40
605 forum posts
366 photos

Hi John,

Fabulous work on the building and thanks for the pic of the metal, great idea to keep things square.thumbs up

Fernando

Sjors Greut19/10/2017 17:24:20
738 forum posts
236 photos

Hey mister Architect,

Some really impressive work John!

Sjors

jimbo19/10/2017 17:32:15
13720 forum posts
2597 photos

Hi John

That is looking really good. We rarely see dios with height and so this is going to be more than impressive.

Metal blocks look to work well. Mine have not arrived yet but the magnets have. They are incredibly strong.

Jim

Jim F.19/10/2017 17:57:43
155 forum posts
16 photos

Hi John,

Superb start on a very inpressive dioramasmile p, could you possibly show the link for the metal blocks and magnets please ?

regards Jim

Richard Foenander19/10/2017 18:11:48
3698 forum posts
4580 photos

Wow John...skyscrapers!

Not many tall dios recently except for one by Mr Forrester.

Great scaling and construction on the buildings.

Cheers,

Richard

John Race20/10/2017 13:47:15
6157 forum posts
1310 photos

Well firstly thank you all for commenting, I would have thought as there is no plastic at the moment the views would diminish, but thank fully not.

Peter...... smileyOne of your chaps is making an appearance, so some quality at last.teeth 2

Scottie........ Very kind of you to say mate.

Steve.......... That made me laugh, I'm going to put something in just for you so you will have to watch closelywink

Si.........teeth 2 How could you Sir. That is a hand crafted layout, I never know next what I will unearth. coolAfter many years of working on a 8x4 Ft work bench I have now to compress every thing in. Mind you I could never find anything then either. I shall attempt to be a tidy boy from now on, and set a good example to you allsurprise.

Gregory......... Thanks, long way to go so make your self comfortable.

David..... face 20 just a little thingcheeky

Peter........Thank you for your support.

Kevin......... Not done many really, but I love the construction side more than the plastic at times.

Andy........ Thank you, glad your enjoying it, If you see anything wrong please shout out.

Simon...... Cheers, Nice to see you, fully awake I hope teeth 2

Marcello.........Why of course, just ask Steve to take his meal off the seat next to him.

John............. Mrs R was able to enlighten me, yes they do ., thank you for your support.

Fernando......Your welcome, just hope it works !

Sjors........... Your too kind,..... cheque in post.teeth 2

Jim..........Cheers, yes I thought I needed hight with some thing a big in base size. The bars seem ok, having fun with the magnets, they grab hold of any passing metal.face 20

John

John Race20/10/2017 13:48:12
6157 forum posts
1310 photos

Part two surprise

Jim....... Thank you and yes of course.

Jim F.............. Cheers, yes of course. This what I ordered, the web address is https://metalmania.com

Qty Description Price
4 Bright flat mild steel bar 1 x 3/4 (Cut-to-size: 150mm) £3.80
1 Steel sheet CR4 2mm thick (250mm x 250mm) £7.20

The magnets I got after Jim found them on Ebay.

Powerful Rectangular Rare Earth Neodymium Magnets Magnet 25*10*5mm 011
John Race20/10/2017 14:07:00
6157 forum posts
1310 photos

Part 3 . surpriseDidn't like a long post.

Richard......... Thanks, I shall have to see If I can find that.

Well after all the thank yous mI have one photo to post, but have been busy. Paper removed on the larger of the internal wall, and filler applied, leaving some exposed foam to brick pattern. I need to make some internal doors, all to be blown into the rooms , so resulting in some damage in side the rooms. Not that much will be easily seen, but feel it ought to be there. Iv'e also cut out from the 5 mm foam board the ceilings / floors for all the rooms, this will help keep the whole structure square.

The side of the building has a single door set back in an entrance. So I cut some 5 mm foam board and cut out the door. Gluing some Evergreen strip on to the face to make a closed door. Iv'e used one of Peters donated figures to give a hight ref.

These Russian buildings were built to impress, having massive windows, main doors and stone cladding over a brick structure . Stalin put foreward designs for big cities, wanting wide streets, impressive public building and having certain areas for industry.

_mg_2189z3.jpg

This will be glued to the inside of the building, isn't he a fine looking chap thumbs up

Thanks for all the support, It certainly helps on something this long winded.

More windows in the pipe line, and then some painting. See you soonish.wink

John.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Hobbylink November 2
Kingkit
Expo Tools July 14
Parabellum
HLJ Oct
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest