By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

2 StuGs and a Sturm-Infanteriegeschz 33 B 1942/3 Stalingrad (JR )

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
jimbo22/03/2018 17:24:26
14357 forum posts
2736 photos

Hi John

Looks very useful and all those 5* reviewers thought the same. The 3.5x may be a step too far but I reckon the 2x or the 2.5x will be used the most. Is that black thing in the second picture a head band? If it is and replaces the ear piece arms it should be more comfortable for wearing for a long time and then it can't slip forward if you are bent over.

Jim

Edited By jimbo on 22/03/2018 17:25:27

John Race22/03/2018 17:26:52
7467 forum posts
1541 photos

Yes Jim.

Sorry I clean forgot to mention the strap .I will have a play tomorrow with each of those larger sizes and report back.

John.

joe strenko22/03/2018 23:02:45
608 forum posts
573 photos

John, I have those same glasses 👍 they’ve really helped me see more details especially when working with PE.. hope you like them.

john hutton24/03/2018 09:07:24
4666 forum posts
1831 photos

John,

Those certainly look like a good investment mate, any extra help looking at these little things we choose to do can only be a good thing cool thumbs up. Knowing your passion for a bit of Russian Green, thought you might enjoy seeing this You Tube video. " Plasmo models, Diorama Berlin Street in 1/72nd scale " . if you check it out, also look through his other stuff, this young fella is a top modeler.

John.

John Race24/03/2018 09:24:40
7467 forum posts
1541 photos

Morning .

Joe ....Thanks mate, nice to know someone actually has used them and agrees.

John ... Ooh thank you, going to have a look now .Cheers for that .

John .

John Race24/03/2018 09:57:39
7467 forum posts
1541 photos

John .

Had a look ,one of the most interesting videos I've watched on the Tube.

Pm sent , thank you for taking the time to tell me.

John.

Sjors Greut24/03/2018 19:06:32
821 forum posts
256 photos

Nice looking glasses John!
(and the diorama itself also ofcours!)

Sjors

John Race24/03/2018 20:19:14
7467 forum posts
1541 photos

Sjors .

face 20 nice one thumbs up

John.

Steve Jones 1224/03/2018 21:26:46
4292 forum posts
9399 photos

JR

So that's why your Stugs look so beaten up - you couldnt see what you were doing!laugh

I brought my optimiser a year ago and it opened up a whole new world to me. Glad they have made a difference

Permission to carry onwink

Steve

John Race03/04/2018 17:03:01
7467 forum posts
1541 photos

Steve you are not wrongteeth 2

Yes sorry i'm back , not finished yetsad

Although I do have the table mtd optivisor with a 1.75 lens Its just not enough for really fine work , like figures. Using the new glasses type is good, but the problem is the lens presses into my eye patch and results that after an hr I ve had enough.

Jim was right in his presumption that the 3.5 lens might be a step to far. Great but, oh its over the top, much better is the x 2 and the x 2.5 Just about right. I've removed the side and fitted the strap, easy to do and a decent strap, not too thin.

I made a new wet palette so that the Vallejo would not dry out over night or while using . I first painted the black webbing on the figures, thinking I could clean up with a 000 Series 7 after I had done most of the uniform colour, well it's worked in a fashion, unfortunately in one respect I have the figures sent by Peter , I say unfortunately because I just think I've done a neatish job and then look at the Masters. Deep gloom , but on the good side It's giving me the chance to look closely how Peter achieves such a perfect finish and is making me try. Here so you can all fall about face 20face 20surprise in laughter I give you 4 drunks.

WARNING those of a nervous deposition, highly strung or other wise should refrain from enlarging the following photos .

img_2686.jpga1.jpg

img_2689.jpga2.jpg

Just as well the photos are c****p as well .

I shall continue tomorrow afternoon.

Comments or advice to take up some other hobby more than welcome teeth 2

Thanks as always for lookinh in .

John.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Kingkit
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Parabellum
HLJ February
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest