By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Tamiya 35091 20mm Flakvierling 38 MITSd.Ah.52 (AAGB17)

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Steve Jones 1220/04/2017 19:30:08
2552 forum posts
3344 photos

Hi Everyone

The trailer is finished!smiley. Firstly the hand brake and wheel arch brackets had to be added fully rivetedlaugh. So this

img_5751.jpg

became this

img_5752.jpg

img_5753.jpg

The top boxes were blinged up and the trailer catches added to the rear

img_5755.jpg

Also a PE foot plate was added

img_5756.jpg

I was inspired by Scottie's "stuck in the mud" last year so here is my tarpaulin with eyeletsface 20

img_5757.jpg

img_5758.jpg

(Handbrake has been stuck back onwink)

A few more bits and bobs to be done on the dio and then hopefully I can start painting next week

Thanks for watching

Steve

flak38cc_3.jpg

(For discussion purposes only)

John Race20/04/2017 19:36:57
4866 forum posts
1108 photos

Oh go away you cleaver buggerteeth 2face 20

Bloody Nora, young Steve this is pushing the boundaries, some super mogelling Love it .

John PDC @ 1/1 .com ( no don't go there might be a real sight  

Hooch21/04/2017 09:55:36
182 forum posts

Good that the handbreak is back to being a handbrake!

All those iddy fiddly parts It's amazing they come to form something.

Did the kit come with a handbrake, and if so was it a thick blob?

Wouter21/04/2017 12:42:11
5534 forum posts
2143 photos

Hi Steve, nice etch work again, good looking trailer. I like the tarp idea as well, love how it sits on top. Only small remark I have if I may is that the tarp is rather on the thick side. Maybe you can thin down the edges a bit?

Keep it up chap!

Cheers

Peter Day 121/04/2017 13:34:35
4687 forum posts
1334 photos

Beautiful work Steve, and that tarpaulin is the icing on the cake.

Peter.

Andy Smith 121/04/2017 14:42:09
6870 forum posts
2049 photos

A`noon Steve,

Just had a right royal read up on your progress here,(you are privileged you know,as i don`t get to look in much of lateface 20wink 2),gotta say mate,what a cracking job you`re doingthumbs up!!

The Flak itself is awesome,and the detailing lengths you`ve gone to on the trailer are a tribute to your thoroughness in buildssmile d,(I always think that these vital bits of kit are often overlooked by many modellers,and just chucked togetherdisgust),it ALL adds to make for a great Dio,speaking of which,I can`t wait to see all the elements togethersmile p,

Superb stuff Buddy,

Cheers,

Andy

Allen Dewire21/04/2017 16:35:30
1085 forum posts
662 photos

Hey Steve,

Top drawer stuff here my friend. I was about to mention the thickness, but Wouter beat me to it. That's why I bought some Milliput to give it a try. I'll probably muck it up though. What do you use for the eyelets? Etch? This is going to be sweet when it's finished.....

Prost

Allen

Steve Jones 1221/04/2017 17:06:38
2552 forum posts
3344 photos

John - Cheers mateyes. I tried the link but it came up as Big and Bouncy from Bognorthinkingface 20

Hooch -Great to have you along for the ride. I'm glad you are enjoying the build. Tamiya did not provide a handbrake. If they had then yes it probably would have been a big lump of plasticlaugh

Wouter/ Allen - Too late I am afraid guys. Its rock hard now. The middle was starting to split when I was rolling it out so I assumed all was well. On reflection I should have then rolled out the edges also. This is my first attempt at this so now I will be able to do a better job next time round. This is what I luv about this site - you guys helping me improve my skills and bring me to where I am now modelling wise. Many thanks. The eyelets were slices of hollow styrene rod.

Peter - Quite literally. It reminded me of when I used to cover cakes in marzipanlaugh

Mr Smith - I am indeed very honoured with your input. If I had known such Royalty was in the area I would have put out the red carpet and painted the lawn greenface 20. I'm glad you like the build and thanks for the support. PM sent

No moggelling today as I am completely knackered from digging this lot out of my back gardenfist

img_5764.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone

Steve

Scottie21/04/2017 18:24:47
5110 forum posts
743 photos
1 articles

Steve,

​Some seriously good detail work mate I like where this is going.

Scottie

Tim Marlow21/04/2017 18:29:02
960 forum posts
805 photos

Hi Steve

This is coming along nicely....you are making it your own with all the add on's...

Cheers

Tim

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Battlegate
Kingkit
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Parabellum
HLJ Mar 2017
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest