By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Tamiya 35091 20mm Flakvierling 38 MITSd.Ah.52 (AAGB17)

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
john hutton21/04/2017 18:41:41
3973 forum posts
1591 photos

Steve,

Very nicely done mate, that H/B well looks the part ( rivet...rivet. Who let the frog in ? ) face 20. For a first go, that Tarp is sweet bud. I got a few tips at rolling out Miliput from a guy on You Tube making Zim. I can`t do a link, but it is all in Japanese anyway. If you put in something like making Zimmerit , look out for a Japanese one in about Three parts it is well worth watching.

John.

SimonT21/04/2017 19:37:26
11082 forum posts
9054 photos

The miniature sledgehammer and stones look very realistic Steve, well done

For tarps I find Duro far better than milliput - you can get Duro wafer thin (0.5mm or less) if you are careful

The consistency allows it to sag rather well if you drape it over things

SimonT

jimbo22/04/2017 11:31:12
12868 forum posts
2390 photos

Hi Steve

The trailer looks superb.

Jim

Blaubar22/04/2017 11:44:26
888 forum posts
666 photos
1 articles

Steve,

luckily I had my shades on before reading your updates. Nice stuff there, the tarpaulin looks just great. The effect with the eyelets is also awesome.

Looking forward to more.

/Stefan

Steve Jones 1222/04/2017 14:23:16
2552 forum posts
3344 photos

Hi Everyone

Scottie - Me too mate. Having a lot of fun. Thanks for all the support

Tim - I do like doing all the little bits and bobs. It adds interest. Glad you like it

John H - Many thanks for the pointers. I looked on You Tube and didnt realise how much was on there about Milliputt. Its been a real eye opener and given me lots of ideas going forward so thank you. I couldnt find the link you mentioned but this one was a big help

**LINK**

Simon - face 20laugh I thought the sledge hammer was particularly goodwink. I know you luv your Duro but I just cant get on with it. This is the first dio for over a year and I am only just starting to dip my toe into the world of clay and sculpting. Really encouraged by what can be achieved so hopefully over the coming years I can hone my skillsyes

Jim - Cheers mate. What colour would you go for? I was thinking green

Stefan - Certainly not your engineering masterpiece but I'm glad you like it.smiley Thanks for the support mate

Just been messing around getting the last few bits together. Made a bench out of MDF. Just need to do a couple more figures and then the painting will begin

img_5768.jpg

img_5769.jpg

Thanks for all the help and support. It means a lot

Steve

flakv38ph1.jpg

(For discussion purpose only)

SimonT22/04/2017 14:43:47
11082 forum posts
9054 photos

Afternoon Steve - I hated Duro when I first tried it. Wasted most of the first pack

The key is using petroleum jelly to stop it sticking to everything in sight

Well worth persevering

Once it clicks you wonder why you had so much trouble with it

SimonT

Steve Jones 1223/04/2017 08:57:10
2552 forum posts
3344 photos

Hi Everyone

Simon - I am happy with Milliputt so will stick with it until supplies run out. Many thanks

Well the painting process has finally begunsmiley. I will concentrate on the base first. So a grey primer was applied to start

img_5770.jpg

The concrete was painted using Mid Grey

img_5771.jpg

The cliff was Sand Yellow. Nice and bright but this will tone down with the washes

img_5772.jpg

Fun was had with the ground. A variety of Dark Sand, Tan and Sand Brown was used to add tones

img_5773.jpg

The rope clasp was in Dark Rust and the stone blocks were Sand Ivory

img_5774.jpg

Then a Dark Umber oil wash was applied all over and left to dry for a couple of hours

img_5775.jpg

img_5776.jpg

This was polished off with white spirit

img_5777.jpg

A combination of Beige and White oils were used to dry brush all over. This has added a good range of dark and light areas

img_5778.jpgimg_5779.jpgimg_5780.jpg

Now it is onto the stonework and the cliffs

Thanks for watching

Steve

flakvierling_38.jpg

(For discussion purposes only)

SimonT23/04/2017 09:08:24
11082 forum posts
9054 photos

Paint thumbs up

Just goes to show that there is more than one way to skin a cat (oops, probably not a good choice of analogy with all the cat lovers on here - it's a virtual cat, honestly)

I start with black and work the colours up, you start light and darken down but we both end up with them looking about the same in the end thumbs up

SimonT

Steve Jones 1223/04/2017 09:18:17
2552 forum posts
3344 photos

Mr T

Its funny you should say that because I was thinking of experimenting on my next dio by using a Beige wash all over and then dry brushing with Dark Umber. It will be interesting to see the difference.yes

Steve

Si Benson23/04/2017 11:05:39
3371 forum posts
846 photos

morning Steve,

The groundwork has come on really well....you certainly have picked up the hang of it.

Good luck with the stone work...I'm sure it'll turn out finethumbs up

Si

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Kingkit
Battlegate
Parabellum
HLJ Mar 2017
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest