By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Trumpeter, 3.7cm Flak 43 Flakpanzer IV " Ostwind "(AAGB 17 )

East Wind Doth Blow.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
john hutton18/06/2017 16:28:14
4079 forum posts
1636 photos

Paul,

Cheers matey wink 2.

Jon,

Actually don`t think i had mentioned the make , all 4 are Alpine resin, my go to 1/35th German figs .

Fernando ,

Many thanks sir .

Keith,

Whole build has been very enjoyable so far .

Simon,

Cheers , still time left for me to screw it up though .

John,

A little deep mate but i can sort that i think .

Steve,

Already think i have added a bit too much around the wheels so not too much more .

John.

Road of Bones18/06/2017 18:39:42
3374 forum posts
2949 photos

Nice figures John! nerd You're a bit of a dark horse in that regard, as I seem to recall your 'Nam figures were rather good toothumbs up

Groundwork is coming along nicely too...

Alistair smile d

jimbo19/06/2017 15:15:03
13286 forum posts
2497 photos

Hi John

The base is coming on a real treat. A daft question if I may "How do you manage to impress the track marks into the ground so neatly?" I find that when making track/tyre marks the stuff I have used for the ground sticks to the track/tyre and makes a right mess crying 2

Anyway John this is a pleasure to watch come together.

Jim

john hutton19/06/2017 20:07:52
4079 forum posts
1636 photos

Hello Alistair,

Cheers mate smiley, as i recall the Nam figs came with the i think Academy kit and they were a very large 1/35th more like 1/32 th face 20, so hence they were easier on the old mince pies nerd.

Jim,

Thank`s bud wink 2. No daft questions as far as i am concerned . What i did with the base was work out where i wanted the tracks , then cut the Blue foam around those 2 areas and removed the pieces and glued to a wooden base. When all was dry i cut 2 pieces to fit into the trenches that is about 1/3 thinner than the Blue and glued those in . Then coated the lot with Das clay , left to dry for about Half hour then pressed in a length of Friul track that had been dipped into water, Friuls can be pushed about a bit more than glued Magic style track face 20. Hope that makes sense Jim thumbs up.

John.

Allen Dewire19/06/2017 21:06:51
1212 forum posts
737 photos

Evening John,

Now you know you haven't made sense since 1975, so who you kidding!!!! Sorry, I couldn't resist that one Sir. Also sorry for my absence of late. I do hope you are well and enjoying life a little. As for me, Mojo is rising a bit, but the mesh is killing me lately. Don't think I'll ever heal up inside........

Loving the ground work and figs for the 'Wind'. Shouldn't be long now and she will be finished huh? I am so envious of your figure painting. Are you retired yet??? I also see you are painting another bust. Gotta check it out.

Take care Bro and see you on the other side.

Prost

Allen

Edited By Allen Dewire on 19/06/2017 21:07:37

john hutton24/06/2017 10:29:58
4079 forum posts
1636 photos

Allen,

Bit slow replying matey , i havn`t made sense of anything since the dreaded 60`s face 20, old Hippies just retreat to Woodstock where making no sense was the order of the day . Give the surgeons work time to heal , sure things will pan out thumbs up. Still working, have been asked to stay on , but will see how things go dont know.

Finally put the final touches to the Ostwind , spare wheels , aerial etc. Cracked on with the Grass on the base.

ostwind 24 012.jpg

Weather forecast is for some Snow now wink 2.

John.

Wouter24/06/2017 10:33:28
5645 forum posts
2153 photos

Now that is looking good. Guess the Jabo's think twice of coming in now teeth 2.

Looking forward to the snow. What will you use mate?

Cheers

john hutton24/06/2017 11:23:17
4079 forum posts
1636 photos

Wouter,

Thank`s mate thumbs up, will be using Woodland scenics Soft Flake Snow , will probably mix up a paste with some White glue to create little drift areas , i did it a tiny amount and it seemed to work on this one on the left.

2016 001.jpg

John.

john hutton24/06/2017 19:36:27
4079 forum posts
1636 photos

Evening lads,

Spent a good deal of the afternoon adding thin layers of Scenic snow to build up the effect .

ostwind 24 017.jpg

Was a bit concerned how i would create foot prints , but as i have been using layers of Hairspray as an adhesive thought i might try plain water on a brush dont know. Pleased to report that i had a try in the area under the hull and it looks like it will work face 20.

John.

Peter Day 124/06/2017 19:48:32
5192 forum posts
1709 photos

Great work John - I've failed every time with snow effects so I'm hoping to pick up some pointers.

Peter.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Kingkit
HLJ Sept
Expo Tools July 14
HLJ July
Parabellum
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for £3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest