By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Trumpeter, 3.7cm Flak 43 Flakpanzer IV " Ostwind "(AAGB 17 )

East Wind Doth Blow.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
John Race20/04/2017 19:48:28
5878 forum posts
1273 photos

Gun looking good mate,beer as for the new tablet , its going back.!!!!.

I see young Sjors has turned up thumbs up

John.

john hutton21/04/2017 18:31:21
4082 forum posts
1636 photos

Steve,

I thought the slightly different tone was a possibility , but also as i am mixing Tammy colours myself , it made any mistake`s excused face 20.

Sjors,

Easy to miss something with these busy GB`s mate smile, have myself . Hope you find the track thing useful , good old JR, he don`t miss much thumbs up. Cheers for dropping by wink 2.

John,

Thank`s matey thumbs up, i quite like the way the gun has turned out myself smiley.

Well the tank has now got some underwear on thumbs up ( clean of coarse , in case it has to go too hospital ) face 20.

ostwind 13 001.jpg

Glad to say, like everything else pretty much the upper hull just drops on and fits perfectly. thumbs up.

ostwind 13 003.jpg

This means i wont have to glue it down, so it can be lifted off to show the interior wink. I have found out that at least one of these was used by the SS at the Ardennes offensive in 44. As i am looking for a figure to stand upsides of it, Could this be a possibility ? Any suggestions ?

ostwind 13 004.jpg

John.

Si Benson22/04/2017 19:55:31
3574 forum posts
906 photos

Evening John,

Missed a few updates but back on track now laugh Nice work with the Flak paint job, particularly like the barrel colour. I've mixed my own steely colours but I've never been happy, yours looks great!

Great that the top can come off still to show the interior once it's all together...nice touchthumbs up

figure looks good to me, looking forward to see you tackle thatsmile p

Si

Steve Jones 1222/04/2017 23:02:27
3333 forum posts
8510 photos

John

Nice underwear!laugh I notice the main body is the same as Panzer IV?. As Si says good luck with the camowink 2

Steve

Andy Claesens26/04/2017 13:02:50
10916 forum posts
9785 photos
16 articles

John,

Been trying to catch up and have to say this is coming along beautifully. Great looking interior and has been commented on already a fabulous metallic look on the gun itself. I am also a fan of the GW paints especially their metallics. Have to do some restocking of those myself.

Keep up the good work, it is looking superb.thumbs up

Andybeer

Paul Eberle26/04/2017 14:58:24
2413 forum posts
1552 photos

Really looking good John. BTW who's the new avatar? PaulE

Durk26/04/2017 16:37:36
1409 forum posts
676 photos

Hi John, very clean build, gun looks good and the basecoat on the hull looks very smooththumbs upand well applied. Not sure about the tanker, they would have worn this gear during the Ardennes offensive as they hadn't been issued winter clothing yet, however they would have worn more clothes underneath, scarfs and gloves, making their appearance a bit different from this guy I would say. You may opt for some slight modifications to the figure to represent this.

DIRK

Scottie26/04/2017 18:02:51
5513 forum posts
784 photos
1 articles

Hi John,

​A cracking build so far. Very neat and a nice paint job.

Scottie

John Race26/04/2017 18:39:21
5878 forum posts
1273 photos

John.

Agree with my Fenland friend Scottie thumbs up

John.

john hutton28/04/2017 14:07:38
4082 forum posts
1636 photos

Hi all,

Been busy at work since my last post , so sorry for the late replies embarrassed.

Si,

Barrel colour was just some GW Mithril Silver and Black mixed , then washed over with a Black and Dark Blue mix of again GW washes. I am pleased that after all the work inside , it will be accessable . Figure is slightly large for 1/35th , but think i can get away with it, as he won`t be standing on the Panzer .

Steve,

Yes mate , these were evidently based on a couple of the Pz IV later variants thumbs up, i believe the prototypes were put onto hulls that had been brought back for repair or refit .

Andy,

I do like the GW metalics, but the ones i have are about 8 years old, so not sure if the newer ones are the same as they had a revamp a while back thinking.

Paul,

Cheers mate thumbs up. My new Avatar is Heinz Gudarian , but unfortunately on my computer it has not changed ?????? don`t know why ? . Here he is .

_mg_2416.jpg

Hello Dirk,

Glad to see you back mate thumbs up. Thank`s for the info, unfortunately my skills or lack thereof means that i would need to use another figure rather than try to alter this one. Will have a look round the net for a more appropriate choice wink 2.

Scottie ,

Cheers buddy thumbs up, glad you took the time to pass on your appreciation wink 2.

John,

Thankyou too sir star, for you kind words .

Decided to tackle the Camo on the easier part of the vehicle , Turret thumbs up. After 5 attempts and 2 resprays sad, i finally got to a clean edge finish. thinking.

ostwind 16 004.jpg

Quite pleased with the tone , as filters will Darken it a little .

John.

Edited By john hutton on 28/04/2017 14:08:19

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Kingkit
Parabellum
Expo Tools July 14
HLJ Oct
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest