AA On The Move (AAGB17)

1/87 scale AA elements loaded on semis

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Steve Jones 1217/05/2017 18:12:51
3196 forum posts
7915 photos

Paul

Great to see the close up photos. Shows all the wonderful detailing you have been up to.

Must have been a right b***hface 20. Permission to carry onsmiley

Steve

Scottie17/05/2017 18:20:28
5396 forum posts
763 photos
1 articles

Paul,

​I must agree with you on the resin I am not a big fan, that said the only real experience I have with it is after market accessories and figures. The advantage it does have is some of the less popular subjects are available.

Scottie

John Race17/05/2017 22:39:23
5726 forum posts
1228 photos

Paul.

Looking good buddy, keep it coming .thumbs up

John

Paul Eberle18/05/2017 16:39:08
2372 forum posts
1539 photos

Thanks Scottie. Absolutely true, I just wish the quality control was better.

Thank you, more coming John.

PaulE

Paul Eberle18/05/2017 17:40:53
2372 forum posts
1539 photos

Guitar string trash saves the day. Ferrule is a perfect fit around post. Added PE scrap folded to accept 20mm ammo can & walla voila, ammo will follow gun around post. The 20mm ammo can lid, feed chute, gun shield, gun, SAWs, MG ammo cans, blooper/ammo can & fire extinguisher readied. To the right is traverse limiter & sun shield frame ready for test fit once mini gun is mounted.

wip gun truck 2.jpg

C&Cs encouraged. PaulE

Paul Eberle19/05/2017 18:05:54
2372 forum posts
1539 photos

Steve,carrying on. Assembling/cleaning pcs for ArsenalM turtleback, some paint, test fit of potential gun shield. May go w/M2 instead of grenade launcher.

wip turtleback.jpg

More progress on gun truck. Sun shade/traverse limiter, ammo can/gun shield mount painted & assembled. Trying out different gun shields for cab mounted grenade launcher.

wip gun truck 3.jpg

C&Cs encouraged. PaulE

Paul Eberle20/05/2017 22:53:20
2372 forum posts
1539 photos

There was no provision made for elevation on the minigun so that took awhile but now functional & fitted. Test fit of cab blooper & tub SAWs. Sun shade frame will have camo netting.

wip gun truck guns test fit.jpg

Another view showing optional SAW mountings. Cab gun shield has a minimum of six parts & is giving me fits.

wip gun truck guns test fit b.jpg

C&Cs encouraged. PaulE

Paul Eberle25/05/2017 17:38:29
2372 forum posts
1539 photos

Another test fit. Still working upper & security hummers. Decided LAV-AD was inappropriate (too new).

"Sometimes only a TOW will do".

test fit 9c.jpg

Can't forget to do hold down chains for tracks.

test fit 9b.jpg

M1114 may be too new, if so will replace w/older hummer w/SAW. I've never seen a 20mm mini-gun mounted like this. I thought maybe scavenged from a downed chopper. It, the TOW & 40mms make for some effective light arty. Still working on other gunshields .

test fit 9a.jpg

C&Cs encouraged. PaulE

john hutton25/05/2017 20:03:23
4079 forum posts
1636 photos

Paul,

Great work sir as always thumbs up, but even more impressed that you can manage to make sense of the build , considering those very iffy drawings / instructions star. Not sure if you have answered this before but what type of paint do you use ? plus what colour are the above ?

John.

Paul Eberle25/05/2017 20:36:27
2372 forum posts
1539 photos

Thank you John H.

I use Polly Scale where I can. Easy clean-up, super small pigment & great consistency through time. These are brush painted w/Polly Scale acrylic #505364 U.S. Desert Shield Sand. I think Model Master has bought them up. I don't think the # crosses over, but the quality seems to have.

PaulE

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
HLJ Oct
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Parabellum
Kingkit
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for £3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest