Richard and Mike Invite YOU........

Figure Painting

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Tim Marlow18/06/2017 16:30:07
1259 forum posts
1018 photos

Hi all

I see this one's going all robot....good stuff, it's all modelling to me......

Update on the little blokes.

Had a bit of a hiatus recently, they needed matting down and I couldn't be bothered to get the airbrush out....have done now though....

_j3a8010.jpg

_j3a8011.jpg

His nibs, with a bit more paint. The base is made from a simple mix as follows....1 part Burnt umber W & N acrylic, 1 part wood glue, and water to thin it. Add in 1 part fine sand and 1 part commercial papier mache (I got mine from hobbycraft but I am sure others are available). Mix it all into a stiff paste, adding water if required, and spread it on the base and allow to dry. It was then washed with dilute VJ 983 flat earth. the rest is the same as the rest of them. Next up is the metal and braiding, followed by finishing the base.

I have a further plan when these are finished though, French line infantry......well I had to do something while I waited to get the airbrush out.....

Here they are at the primed and washed stage....

_j3a8013.jpg

Mounted for handling, the only good use I can think of for golf tees......these are Perry miniatures...

Cheers

Tim

Edited By Tim Marlow on 18/06/2017 16:31:16

Simon Marshall-Jones 118/06/2017 17:01:41
353 forum posts
267 photos

Nice efforts there chaps - keep it going!

What have I been up modelling-wise? I'm glad you asked: this is a scene from the original Lost in Space TV series, where Space Family Robinson are being attacked by a hairy cyclops (this happens every Saturday night in Milton Keynes, I'm told...). Creature is finished, but because the base was in two parts there was a noticeable gap between the ground and the outcrop Cyclops is standing upon, so I've put in more stones (culled from the garden) around the base and then used Magic Sculp to fashion sand drifts against and around them, plus piled it up against said outcrop. Will be painting it to match the base tomorrow. Currently painting little figures of the Space Family to go around it...

LiS 01

In other news, have just managed to buy an original unmade Aurora 'Blue Knight of Milan' kit for a bargain, a reissue 'Red Knight of Vienna', a 1/8th 'Robin the Boy Wonder' and a 1/6th 'Pinhead' vinyl model kit from the film Hellraiser. At the end of this week I hope to get a 1/8th Adam West as Batman kit, as a tribute to the original Batman's passing... plenty to look forward to.

If it pleases you, you can follow my blog at https://itfiguresmodels.wordpress.com/blog/

MIKE DURNFORD 118/06/2017 18:29:41
203 forum posts
141 photos

Tim as I said before these Little Fellows tickle me pink.....you've done a really great amount of work on them my friend and it really shows in your endeavors.....excellent work really please keep them coming yes good use of the golf ties mate.....mike and richard

MIKE DURNFORD 118/06/2017 18:40:32
203 forum posts
141 photos

img_0004 (20).jpgimg_0003 (23).jpgimg_0002 (24).jpgJust completed the Bandai Gunpla ...2015 SD Gundam Ex-Standard 001.....Mobile Suit RX-787-2 Gundam

Airbrushed and polished the weapon....Undersprayed the shield light grey oversprayed with Tamiya Red two coats of gloss varnish................mikeimg_0001 (27).jpg

MIKE DURNFORD 119/06/2017 12:15:36
203 forum posts
141 photos

Just arrived lunch time today from Japan.....High Grade 1/144 scale....number 06 in the HG Reconguista in G series...Space Jahannam.............looking forward to doing this with the airbrush.......hopefully WIP but we will see mikeimg_0001 (28).jpg

Simon Marshall-Jones 119/06/2017 20:58:35
353 forum posts
267 photos

Mike: There have been some great Gundam designs over the years, even if some of the series themselves have been less than stellar. As I've said before, I have a whole stash cupboard full of these models which I'm not even sure I'll get around to building... may get rid of a few...

I have just this evening completed my latest project, the Lost in Space diorama. I assembled and painted all the figures and attached them to the base - figures at this scale are really not my forte so they're quite crudely done. Saying that however they do add some dynamism to the scene so I'm not complaining too much about it...

Anyway, here's the family portrait.

LiS 02

MIKE DURNFORD 120/06/2017 07:28:28
203 forum posts
141 photos

The model as turned out ok Simon.....like you said even if a little crude...........if your interested in sending aPM with a selection of Gundam or some photos.......maybe we can do a swop or so....just ordered 6 from the US yesterday

Whats the next project.....................mike

Simon Marshall-Jones 120/06/2017 09:43:00
353 forum posts
267 photos

I'll compile a list of those Gundams I'll definitely want to sell/swap this weekend and send it to you...

The next project is the military robot model.... will get on with that today...laugh

Simon

MIKE DURNFORD 120/06/2017 10:34:30
203 forum posts
141 photos

Many thanks Simon Ive one or two figures....maybe more have to check.....look forward to seeing the robot coming to life...................mike

MIKE DURNFORD 120/06/2017 18:07:08
203 forum posts
141 photos

img_0001 (28).jpgThe Space Jahannem parts have all been assembled...cleaned all the nibs off and polished the scratches out...........hopefully tomorrow prime the parts then airbrush work....first attempt on these models................mikeimg_0001 (29).jpg

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Hobbylink November 2
Kingkit
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Parabellum
HLJ December
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest