WWII German military crane

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Kosmas Papadopoulos10/08/2017 20:42:34
127 forum posts
278 photos
TPosted by Steve Jones 12 on 10/08/2017 19:55:00:

Kosmas

That is a stunning look you have achieved. Well done mate.

One of the highlights of this hobby for me is the research. I take my hat off to you for your tenacity to get the number plate issue sorted. Good luck

Steve

Thank you Steve! I totally agree with you! Let's see what happens now! Stay tuned mate!

Marty Elliott12/08/2017 01:09:19
154 forum posts
348 photos

Hi Kosmas.... Impressive build of a very striking vehicle....I have a great interest in the various engineering and recovery vehicles used by the Wehrmacht and had a feeling I had seen a few pics of the faun LK5 but couldn't come across them till now...think u might be interested??.....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Didn't realise that they are actually no.346...the vehicle u are buildingsmiley.....from the captions with the pics it seems that 346 was part of the werkstatt kompanie supporting s.pz.abt.504 and pz.abt.215 while assigned to 15.pz.gren.div. on Sicily in 1943....can't make out any other markings on this vehicle but did find this on an 18t zgkw no.358 of the same wkst.kp.

image.jpeg

Not sure if this star marking is general or specific to this 18t??? Hope this is of some help and I look forward to reading any more info u can dig up on this subject and of course the finished kit!!

Cheers...Marty

Kosmas Papadopoulos12/08/2017 09:01:31
127 forum posts
278 photos
Posted by Marty Elliott on 12/08/2017 01:09:19:

Hi Kosmas.... Impressive build of a very striking vehicle....I have a great interest in the various engineering and recovery vehicles used by the Wehrmacht and had a feeling I had seen a few pics of the faun LK5 but couldn't come across them till now...think u might be interested??.....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Didn't realise that they are actually no.346...the vehicle u are buildingsmiley.....from the captions with the pics it seems that 346 was part of the werkstatt kompanie supporting s.pz.abt.504 and pz.abt.215 while assigned to 15.pz.gren.div. on Sicily in 1943....can't make out any other markings on this vehicle but did find this on an 18t zgkw no.358 of the same wkst.kp.

image.jpeg

Not sure if this star marking is general or specific to this 18t??? Hope this is of some help and I look forward to reading any more info u can dig up on this subject and of course the finished kit!!

Cheers...Marty

Good morning Marty! Thank you very much for the info! I will start researching more for it, thanks to your valuable info! Stay tuned!

John Race12/08/2017 09:18:34
5447 forum posts
1164 photos

Nice photos from Marty thumbs up Kosmas

That's what's so good about the forum, sharing .

John.

Kosmas Papadopoulos12/08/2017 10:02:07
127 forum posts
278 photos
Posted by John Race on 12/08/2017 09:18:34:

Nice photos from Marty thumbs up Kosmas

That's what's so good about the forum, sharing .

John.

Good morning Kohn! I totally agree! In this case the theme I picked up is only offered by 2 companies and the info is very limited! Thank you!

Kosmas Papadopoulos12/08/2017 19:13:35
127 forum posts
278 photos

Marty, after searching I found that the white star with the g inside was the emblem of Panzer regiment 215! I have also found decals from Star Decals ( German panzer in Italy 1943). I provide the link!

**LINK**

I have also found that the 504 Schwere Panzer Abteilung had 3 cranes!

Kosmas Papadopoulos17/08/2017 15:33:59
127 forum posts
278 photos

Good evening guys! The decals from Archer Fine Decals have arrived!

img_0873.jpg

img_0874.jpg

img_0875.jpg

Let's see now! Till now the photos of the 346 depict a vehicle painted in Dunkelgelb and not with camp pattern! I am going to wait for a while because I am still pending of some info and I will proceed!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Parabellum
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
HLJ Sept
HLJ July
Expo Tools July 14
Kingkit
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for £3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest