By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Back with a Flak Attack (AAGB17)

Moebelwagen Sd.Kfz. 161/3, 3.7cm Flak

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Wouter19/04/2017 21:09:44
5725 forum posts
2162 photos

Snow? That's some crazy stuff. Last weeks we had 20+ degrees here, although it froze last night again. But snow is far off teeth 2

And it's been years since I visited a show, but SMC sure is worth it so I might. If I go I hold you to that (they got Duvel, yummie face 20)

Cheers

john hutton19/04/2017 21:10:23
4174 forum posts
1667 photos

Allen,

I think it is still a bit early in your recovery to get the ski`s out mate face 20. Woodland scenics snowflakes are a lot safer teeth 2.

John.

Paul Eberle19/04/2017 23:09:04
2524 forum posts
1631 photos

Wow, you're really hauling a-- here buddy. Looking fine. Happy to see you've recovered your mojo. PaulE

John Race19/04/2017 23:36:26
6326 forum posts
1336 photos

Snow, only Stefan likes it.teeth 2 Keep inside modelling , no reason to be outside in that.

John.

SimonT20/04/2017 03:40:10
11474 forum posts
9349 photos

Allen, good to see you back again thumbs up

SimonT

Steve Jones 1220/04/2017 15:25:14
3582 forum posts
8784 photos

Allen

White out! What better excuse to stay in and model. Hopefully it will have all melted by the time I get over there next monthlaugh

Steve

David Hewkin20/04/2017 22:44:44
213 forum posts
347 photos

Allen, good to see you back at the bench and making some very neat adjustments to the kit

Apparently statistically it is more likely to snow at Easter than at Christmas, at least it is in the south of the U.K.!

David

Allen Dewire21/04/2017 12:35:04
1352 forum posts
966 photos

Late Morn All,

Didn't quite get to post yesterday so now I can bore you today.....

Robin - Thanks Sir, feeling better and mojo's high. Can definitely live without the white stuff too. Was crazy!

Joe - It is good to be back and thanks too. I do hope you get some free time to Moggell bud, as it's the only thing that keeps us insane!

Wouter - No probs Sir....still got till October to decide if you will. Thank goodness the white stuff was gone that night and today we have 14 c. and sunshine! Take care..

John H - That was a good one Bro!!! If I were to put on Skis, I'd probably break my leg doing so.....Peace!

Paul - Thanks my friend...It's amazing what sleep deprivation does for the Mojo. Of course when you're not falling asleep at the table while working too. I do want to finish under the timeframe....

John 1/1 - I actually don't mind snow (other than driving for work in it). It is so much better to work at the table and let it do what it wants to do outside.

Simon - Thank you so much too Sir! Wow, I do believe it's time for my annual checkup on you work too.......

Steve - I was Moggelling when it started and wondered why it seemed to get darker. Looked outside and....BAM!!!! Where you going here in the Motherland? And what timeframe?

David - Thanks Sir, it feels good to be able to sling some paint and sniff glue again...it's funny, down south in the foothills of the Alps it snows into the middle of May.....And up north, around Berlin, it's 20 C...Go figure!

We'll keep this short and sweet today................

New barrel, sweet and just needs to be lathered in Mr. Metal Primer and then painted. So much better than the lit piece!!!!

image.jpg

Basket mesh took a while as the big piece had to be bent in two odd places. Glued it down in segments, allowed it to dry and then went on to the next section. All in all it came out pretty good. The rest of the pieces were a snap to CA in place.......

image.jpg

From the back...I couldn't imagine trying to use the kit supplied mesh to do the basket..........

image.jpg

Then, in a Senior Moment, I started lacing the mesh to the basket frame like on the real thang.....Slapped myself 3 times and stopped that nonsense!!!!!! (I still might lace the whole thing though)..........

image.jpg

I also tried out my AK rubber paint from the Tracks & Wheels set and did the road wheels with a brush. Nice paint and really easy cleanup too. Very impressed. No pics as we all know what road wheels look like.........I might just fire up the Hissy Stick and shoot a base coat!

Thanks for looking in and have a great afternoon.

Prost

Allen

Wouter21/04/2017 12:38:15
5725 forum posts
2162 photos

Well, that metal gun sure is a great update, I think metal gun barrels are always worth the money. Looks very good.

But that basket, my oh my, it looks quite stressful to do, but you managed well thumbs up. And nice to read that there are more fruitcakes on site teeth 2

Cheers

john hutton21/04/2017 19:02:08
4174 forum posts
1667 photos

Allen,

How yer doin ? Very nice barrel you got there mate thumbs up. Considering we must all be a tad " Barmy , to spent all our time making toy`s " as has been said to me thinking, i think you should continue with lacing the mesh as it adds to the whole in my opinion , it`s the little things that lift it above the norm thumbs up.

Be lucky Brother .

John.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
HLJ December
Hobbylink November 2
Kingkit
Parabellum
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest