By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

MiniArt 1/35 AEC MK. II Armoured Car

High Parts Count Heavyweight

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Dave Ward21/04/2017 12:57:15
2434 forum posts
2302 photos

More progress, a few larger bits coming together, floor, bulkhead and one side.........

bodywork 01.jpg

One of the most fiddly assemblies that I have done for many years - the drivers seat!

seat.jpg

It consists of 9 parts, all fragile, of which 4 parts broke! TET, new scalpel blade and tweezers, holding breath..................

Hopefully this is the most difficult part of the model ( all of which can be left out if hatches are modelled closed! )

This really slows the build down - the parts are so fragile, you have to put assemblies aside to really dry

Dave

Kimmo Happonen21/04/2017 19:42:17
449 forum posts
414 photos

So far so good. That seat sure was a bugger to do up. You have to hand it to MiniArt for the amount of detail they can get into those tiny parts and then to be able to mold them. Fiddly as hell, but worth it in the end I think.

Kimmo

Nik Olliff21/04/2017 23:35:01
639 forum posts
378 photos

Lots of hard work but at least you get to know how the real thing works😎. Watching with interest as I also have several mini art kits in the stash!

Nik

Richard Bartlett22/04/2017 00:26:54
35 forum posts
101 photos
A amazingly detailed kit and great build so far. I believe rhe crew of AEC,s nicknamed them the tank with wheels not supprised with 60mm armour on it frontal arc. Great stuff mate
Dave Ward22/04/2017 11:20:52
2434 forum posts
2302 photos

The front office assembly is finished, and primed....................

inside hull primed.jpg

The other hull side is left off, for the moment, to allow access for painting

hull side primed.jpg

I'm going to go with white interior - it may not be correct, but I  think that aluminium in a confined area doesn't look right. It's all probably immaterial, anyway, as not a lot will be visible, even with the drivers' hatch open.

Dave

Edited By Dave Ward on 22/04/2017 11:22:38

jimbo22/04/2017 11:25:53
13448 forum posts
2531 photos

Hi Dave

Looks great. A tribute to MiniArt and your patience and skill.

Jim

Richard Bartlett22/04/2017 17:56:12
35 forum posts
101 photos

Love the detail and built very professionally Mini art are defo up with the top kits when it comes to detail and there dioramas are great. I have a Daimler dingo in my stash looking forward to building it...

Scott Findlay22/04/2017 18:23:12
279 forum posts
30 photos

A day or two late on this.

I'll take a seat on the second row.

Probably got my facts wrong, but wasn't it built on the matador chassis?

Superb looking kit and doing some nice work on it to boot!

Dave Ward22/04/2017 18:42:47
2434 forum posts
2302 photos

Thanks for all the kind remarks! MiniArt Models are definitely not for a beginner! I do wish MiniArt would use a less brittle plastic, that would reduce breakages on removing parts from the sprues

interior painted.jpg

Interior detail painted and grubbied up - a bit over the top, but I'll leave that for the time being. The next step starts adding the 3rd side, and it actually will look more like an armoured car

Dave

Robert Court22/04/2017 18:46:05
4381 forum posts
730 photos

Evening Dave

A vehicle I know bugger all about but count me in, like the look of the office wink 2

bob

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Military Modelling? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Military Modelling! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
HLJ Oct
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Expo Tools July 14
Parabellum
Kingkit
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for £3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest