By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Useful advice for when using CA glue.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Gary Murphy20/04/2017 23:26:28
126 forum posts
16 photos

Some time ago a friend told me how he sat on a bottle of CA and the top came off. He then told me about the intense heat and smoke and then about his jeans sticking to his arse and the chair to his jeans,i am laughing now remembering. I know you should not laugh but.

Jon Heptonstall 120/04/2017 23:43:27
1237 forum posts
18 photos

But...............laugh

Chris Camfield21/04/2017 00:44:41
920 forum posts
151 photos

Interesting technique, but I think I'm going to stick to pliers, thanks.

Allen Dewire21/04/2017 07:56:40
1085 forum posts
662 photos

Hi Jon,

I'm with Chris on this one for sure. Glad you are Ok and had no permanent damages.

Prost

Allen

Robin Buckland21/04/2017 08:19:33
15360 forum posts
56463 photos
5253 articles

Hi Jon,

As with others I did have to smile at the way you described your misfortune, but in reality a useful reminder about the much maligned issue of health and safety. thumbs up​ We all have a tendency to take a quick solution to a problem and not imagining the consequences of 'what if...'. CA glue is a valuable tool but telling your story is a really good tale of needing to treat our tools with proper respect. Thank you. beer

Robin teeth 2

Hooch21/04/2017 08:38:55
182 forum posts

I've tried it in the past and only got a dab in my mouth and luckily nothing was sealed shut.

Mind it was $2/3 Dollar shop stuff so maybe that's weaker.

But I also try using vice grips now and often it has really come down to the whole glue has gone off anyways after such a long time inactive.

Marty Elliott21/04/2017 09:00:02
119 forum posts
230 photos

top tip John and very useful sbs...its right up there with how sharp is that blade//sliced finger and is that soldering iron hot enough//burnt thumbcrying 2embarrassed I'm sure we've all been there..always funnier when it happens to some one else though

keep safe...Marty

Gary Murphy21/04/2017 09:53:32
126 forum posts
16 photos

On a secondary note, what about wastage. we are told over and over again to keep our CA in a dry place to avoid going hard.This should be enough warning to avoid spittle contact : )

Chris Camfield21/04/2017 12:17:31
920 forum posts
151 photos
Posted by Robin Buckland on 21/04/2017 08:19:33:

Hi Jon,

As with others I did have to smile at the way you described your misfortune, but in reality a useful reminder about the much maligned issue of health and safety. thumbs up

I agree! It was kind of a scary story and I'm glad Jon is okay!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Military Modelling? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Are you a Facebook fan of Military Modelling?

Support Our Partners
Battlegate
Kingkit
The Airbrush Co Ltd (2)
Parabellum
HLJ Mar 2017
Hobbybunker
Shopping Partners
Digital Back Issues

Military Modelling Digital Back Issues

Feature Articles
Features
Photo and Build Features from our Military Modelling Magazine website members and contributors including lots of pages of articles from previous Military Modelling magazines.
Military Modelling Offers
3 Issues for 3 New web app for ipad
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest